Canes Opener

September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

Another opportunity for us to shoot up the rankings and be unrealistically ranked high b/c we are undefeated when other teams fall for losing (see this year and 2014?)

Advertisement
PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0):
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1):
Vs. Notre Dame
Vs Georgia Techs
Vs Syracuse
@ Pittsburgh

Coin Flips (1-1):
@ UNC
Vs Va Tech

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU

9-3, win a bowl game, get to 10 wins for the first time in decades.

PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0):
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1):
Vs. Notre Dame
Vs Georgia Techs
Vs Syracuse
@ Pittsburgh

Coin Flips (1-1):
@ UNC
Vs Va Tech

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU

That would probably be enough to win the coastal. ACCCG + Bowl Game Outcomes: 11-3 (2 Ws), 10-4 (1 W, 1 L), or 9-5 (2 Ls) per your predictions

I love my Canes and all, but don't expect me to spend my hard earn money and waste my precious time to go out and watch that many garbage games.

Advertisement
PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0):
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1):
Vs. Notre Dame
Vs Georgia Techs
Vs Syracuse
@ Pittsburgh

Coin Flips (1-1):
@ UNC
Vs Va Tech

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU

That would probably be enough to win the coastal. ACCCG + Bowl Game Outcomes: 11-3 (2 Ws), 10-4 (1 W, 1 L), or 9-5 (2 Ls) per your predictions

The wild card in all of this is that the top three contenders in the coastal all lose their QB (I think), so who knows what is going to happen. The team that walks out of the coin flip bracket (UM/UNC/VT) undefeated is likely the division winner.

I don't want to predict an acccg appearance until we prove we can stay there.

Waste of a game. Schedule a real team. Schedule is awful this year.

Who do you want UM to schedule that has the first week open that does not want a return home game....especially this late?

For a new starting QB this is exactly what everyone should want.

@ Arkansas States

i6Edds3.gif

Last edited:
Everyone realizes the Arkansas State and Toledo games were scheduled under Golden right? And we had this open date because we never finalized a 4th OOC opponent, which was probably always going to be (as has been for the last 15 years, almost always, an FCS team...right? Does the OOC schedule suck? Yes, but we really didn't have much of a choice if you understand how scheduling is done in college football (3-4 or 4-5 years out). It's not like there were 27 SEC, Pac 12 and Big 10 teams with an open date on Sept. 2.

Advertisement
Everyone realizes the Arkansas State and Toledo games were scheduled under Golden right? And we had this open date because we never finalized a 4th OOC opponent, which was probably always going to be (as has been for the last 15 years, almost always, an FCS team...right? Does the OOC schedule suck? Yes, but we really didn't have much of a choice if you understand how scheduling is done in college football (3-4 or 4-5 years out). It's not like there were 27 SEC, Pac 12 and Big 10 teams with an open date on Sept. 2.

So in other words, Miami is run by a bunch of amateurs. Got it!

I mean, I don't think anyone thinks too highly of Blake James in general, and no one thought highly of Golden, but, in general schedules are made 3 or 4 or more years out. You're not going to schedule a game against Ole Miss for next year.

Advertisement

Thank you! A bunch of idiots on this board. Schedule this year has nothing to do with this coaching staff or admin.

Ark State can be a competitive game but shouldn't be (see: App State)

FCS on schedule is bull****.

Who booked Toledo!?

I mean, I don't think anyone thinks too highly of Blake James in general, and no one thought highly of Golden, but, in general schedules are made 3 or 4 or more years out. You're not going to schedule a game against Ole Miss for next year.

I'm not suggesting we could. I just wish 4-5 years ago things were run a little more effectively for this program.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I'm not suggesting we could. I just wish that 4-5 years ago things were run a little more effectively for this program.

Don't we all?

I don't mind if we close strong gives the players some experience and especially for whoever is the quarterback. People will complain if the schedule was too difficult also but games still gotta be played. I think this is the year we'll see the most improvement as a team overall and see no reason why we don't win the coastal.

Advertisement
Back