Canes Opener

Link to article
'Canes set to open 2017 season against Bethune-Cookman - Sun Sentinel

Canes set to open 2017 season against Bethune-Cookman

Hurricanes running back Mark Walton looks for running room against Bethune-Cookman in Miami's 2015 season opener. The Hurricanes will open against the Wildcats again in 2017.

(Jim Rassol, Sun Sentinel)
Christy Cabrera ChirinosContact Reporter
The Hurricanes don't know yet what their Atlantic Coast Conference schedule will look like this season, but they know now who they'll face in their non-conference 2017 opener.

For the second time in three seasons, Miami is set to open against Bethune-Cookman, Hurricanes athletic director Blake James confirmed. The game is set for Sept. 2 at Hard Rock Stadium.

It will mark the first time the programs have played since the Hurricanes opened the 2015 season with a 45-0 win over the Wildcats. The two have met three times entering this season's matchup, with Miami winning all three games and outscoring Bethune-Cookman 128-14.

Along with hosting Bethune-Cookman, Miami is set to host two more non-conference games at Hard Rock Stadium with Notre Dame previously announced to visit on Nov. 11 and Toledo set to visit on Sept. 23, according to the website FSBSchedules.com.

The Hurricanes' fourth non-conference game is set to be at Arkansas State.

The ACC has not released its conference schedules yet, though the Hurricanes are set to host games against Syracuse and Coastal Division foes Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. Miami will travel to Florida State, Pittsburgh, North Carolina and Duke.

Advertisement
I love my Canes and all, but don't expect me to spend my hard earn money and waste my precious time to go out and watch that many garbage games.

You should get a job that pays more if you can't handle the ticket prices for those games.

Advertisement
September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

Another opportunity for us to shoot up the rankings and be unrealistically ranked high b/c we are undefeated when other teams fall for losing (see this year and 2014?)

I agree that's why I feel we need to play the touggest opponent on our schedule for week 3 not named FSU.

I really wanted to see if we could somehow get a matchup with USF. Give us a shot to take advantage of their ranking early on and actually play decent comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

Another opportunity for us to shoot up the rankings and be unrealistically ranked high b/c we are undefeated when other teams fall for losing (see this year and 2014?)

I agree that's why I feel we need to play the touggest opponent on our schedule for week 3 not named FSU.

I really wanted to see if we could somehow get a matchup with USF. Give us a shot to take advantage of their ranking early on and actually play decent comp.

That's a very good point. I never understood why we don't play UCF/USF instead of Famu/Bethune Cookman

Advertisement
September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

That's a very good point. I never understood why we don't play UCF/USF instead of Famu/Bethune Cookman

Lately, UCF and USF have been insisting on home-and-homes (we did a 2-for-1 with UCF, and early in our series with USF it was a 2-for-1 that got extended to a bunch of home-and-homes).

B-CC is always a home game for us, and fairly flexible on the scheduling. Almost everyone has a game like this on their schedule, it's how you play 7 home games out of 12.

The real issue is Toledo/Arkansas State. Nobody questions Notre Dame and B-CC, but Toledo and Arkansas State are disasters.

Seriously, we could go 12-0 and win the ACC-CG, and whether we "deserve" to make the Final 4 could come down to a debate on those two teams. And you **** well better hope that ND doesn't crap the bed in 2017 like they did in 2016, otherwise our SOS will look pathetic (unless we play Clemson in the ACC-CG).

Lately, UCF and USF have been insisting on home-and-homes (we did a 2-for-1 with UCF, and early in our series with USF it was a 2-for-1 that got extended to a bunch of home-and-homes).

B-CC is always a home game for us, and fairly flexible on the scheduling. Almost everyone has a game like this on their schedule, it's how you play 7 home games out of 12.

The real issue is Toledo/Arkansas State. Nobody questions Notre Dame and B-CC, but Toledo and Arkansas State are disasters.

Seriously, we could go 12-0 and win the ACC-CG, and whether we "deserve" to make the Final 4 could come down to a debate on those two teams. And you **** well better hope that ND doesn't crap the bed in 2017 like they did in 2016, otherwise our SOS will look pathetic (unless we play Clemson in the ACC-CG).

Yeah I brought up USF because we have to make up for the 2 poor teams in Ark St. and Toledo.

I think we get FSU twice this year. See them in ACCCG.

I'll be pulling for them to beat Bama. Need them lathered up for us.

Advertisement
September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

The annual game against FAMU/Bethune Cookman is an act of good will. The UM game is probably the biggest payday for those schools. Sure, UM would be better served (in both football and revenue) by scheduling a D-1 opponent in their place, but I credit UM for supporting those historically African American schools.

By the way, Toledo beat UCF in their bowl game and scored more than 50 in their loss to BYU. Might be a test for the UM defense.

Guessing the season ticket sales are going to be heading south. Hope not

Dead wrong.

Exactly. We have the ACC schedule, plus we have ND at home. Would it be great to have a second high-quality OOC game at home this year? Sure, but the lack of ONE better game is not going to impact the season-ticket sales, particularly with ND coming to town after the recent 30-for-30.

Advertisement
Attention ladies:

You may not like the names on our non-conference schedule, but this schedule IS NO DIFFERENT than other P5 schedules as far as out of conference.

Take Alabama, for instance:

Their Bethune Cookman is Mercer. Fūcking Mercer.

As far as Toledo and Arkansas State, MAC and Sunbelt schools, that is no different than Alabama's 2 Mountain West opponents, Fresno State and Colorado State.

Anybody care to dispute this?

What a bunch of fūcking crybabies.

And we have some clowns on here saying they refuse to go to games. Hey, well, then fūck you. You're not fans, you're silly disloyal bītches on message boards.

Attention ladies:

You may not like the names on our non-conference schedule, but this schedule IS NO DIFFERENT than other P5 schedules as far as out of conference.

Take Alabama, for instance:

Their Bethune Cookman is Mercer. Fūcking Mercer.

As far as Toledo and Arkansas State, MAC and Sunbelt schools, that is no different than Alabama's 2 Mountain West opponents, Fresno State and Colorado State.

Anybody care to dispute this?

What a bunch of fūcking crybabies.

And we have some clowns on here saying they refuse to go to games. Hey, well, then fūck you. You're not fans, you're silly disloyal bītches on message boards.
:ohhdamnn:

Advertisement
Back