Canes Football QB starter will be named tomorrow

Another important thing is if the team also feels that he is the man to lead them to glory. Never was a fan of Kaaya getting the nod as a true freshman when there was obviously some friction and animosity toward that decision from the upper classman. Sometimes you just need a guy that everyone can rally with and get behind.

Advertisement
What is Rosier's personality like? Is he a trash talker, talkative QB or is he the quiet, lead by example type?

Advertisement
Another important thing is if the team also feels that he is the man to lead them to glory. Never was a fan of Kaaya getting the nod as a true freshman when there was obviously some friction and animosity toward that decision from the upper classman. Sometimes you just need a guy that everyone can rally with and get behind.

This stuff does matter. That 2014 team was talented and went 6-7 because the staff caused a mutiny with Kaaya, the scheme on defense, throwing players under the bus, overall incompetence. This staff isn't perfect but has a much better grasp from top to bottom.

I'm curious to see how he (or whichever guy takes significant snaps) carries the ball and reacts to taking hits. Presumably our QB(s) will be rushing sometimes, whether by design, or scrambling/escaping the pocket, or both. Haven't really seen that around here in a long time, so I'm looking forward to the new threat and (hopefully) the added advantage it brings.

Things I'm looking out for:

How is our QB's ball security?
Can he take licks and still be sharp, not just one play to the next during a game, but also game after game and into the season?
Does he avoid hits (slide, run out of bounds) when he should?
Does he have good vision and awareness (e.g. get to the first down marker on a 3rd down scramble, or keep eyes downfield to find the receiver breaking deep as he thinks about running)?
Is he TOUGH?

Lots of interesting variables to keep an eye on. And it's all the more interesting because we just haven't had that dimension around here, so we're not used to the impact of these variables.

I'm excited, man. Should be fun.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a fan of rosier but hopefully dude can have a year like marquise williams did his senior year at unc.

As a UM fan, why would you not be a fan of a UM player who has been a good UM man and seems to have won the QB competition fairly after being **** on and doubted by every insider?

and you are correct, sir.

i'm going to be a little surprised if it's not evan, but i'm not being paid to coach the team, and none of us are there for every practice, drill, and meeting. so if CMR says it's rosier? then, it's rosier. if he says it's the girl who helps tutor freshman english? then it's her.

either way, i'm rooting like **** for the QB with the U on the side of their helmet. end of story. i will cheer for them like the integrity of my ******* depends upon it. and anyone who would do otherwise, is not a true fan and can ingest a sh*t sandwich for all I care.

preach on captain 'chise, and go canes!

Very curious about Demetrius Money's take in this. He was a Perry guy all along

Rosier had the best camp. Shireffs was better early on but tapered off. Perry is clearly most gifted but isn't ready right now. A redshirt would surprise me, though.

I don't think the coaching staff knows who the QB is yet. Rosier will get the first shot and hopefully he slams the door against FSU.

Advertisement
Not to bring up a sore subject but how did Allison make the decision to leave? It seems likely that he would of been a major candidate for consideration to be the starter if his play was decent. The article that came out had his Father saying that Miami wanted more of a mobile quaterback to run the offense. That comment made me think N'kosi was our guy before he even arrived. Was Allsion that bad or just weak mentally? Was Jack not better than Evan? I kind of wish he was still here. Definitely had the best arm talent of the bunch except for N'kosi. I will support Malik though 100% as long as he manages the game, can complete some long passes and doesn't play scared and make mistakes. Our defense is good enough to keep us in every game.

Even though countless people have said Perry is no more mobile than our other QBs?

I think Rosier, Shirreffs, and Perry are all more mobile than Allison.

You said you thought Perry was the guy once you heard Richt wanted a mobile QB, even though everyone was saying Rosier and Shierreffs were jsut as mobile, if not mroe mobile than Perry? That doesn't make sense to me.

I believe you have me confused with someone else. I have always said every QB on our roster was more mobile than Kaaya, so they would all be an upgrade in that regard. I don't recall ever saying I thought Perry was the guy because he's more mobile. If Perry was ever going to be the guy it was going to be because he has more talent overall, and has earned the trust of the coaches. Mobility was not going to be the reason he separated himself from Rosier and Shirreffs.

Rosier had the best camp. Shireffs was better early on but tapered off. Perry is clearly most gifted but isn't ready right now. A redshirt would surprise me, though.

I don't think the coaching staff knows who the QB is yet. Rosier will get the first shot and hopefully he slams the door against FSU.

yes, but aren't they a bit more confident that evan has the mental edge when the lights are on? my understanding is that they see evan as a steadier hand when bullets are flying, and like austin p. has said, evan's the better overall athlete so he can extend plays a bit more elegantly.

thoughts?

yes, but aren't they a bit more confident that evan has the mental edge when the lights are on? my understanding is that they see evan as a steadier hand when bullets are flying, and like austin p. has said, evan's the better overall athlete so he can extend plays a bit more elegantly.

thoughts?

I agree, but neither have really been tested like that so it's guesswork.

Also, Rosier is a better fit in the system. His arm strength makes a difference. If this year's Evan was in last year's offense, I think he would've won it. He's better than Rosier throwing between the numbers but worse throwing outside them.

Just re-watched the Duke game Rosier started in. He was servicable even then & im sure he's gotten better. I think he's gonna run this offense well.

i watched it yesterday also. made some spectacular throws, got the D to jump offsides twice. had a few terrible throws, hung on to the ball once or twice too long (fixable with good coaching)(a richt pet peeve), but serviceable is a good word, with the kicker that he can run the ball and is more mobile than kaaya.

I re-watched the game and thought for his first true start (on the road) he came in a balled out. He dropped quite a few dimes that game. Considering we had Folden and No D coaching with zero defense I thought Malik played pretty well. It also seemed the team on offense had a step up in terms of energy or vibe.

Im ready to ride with Malik. If he poops the bed then we go to plan b. At least we now have a plan B and a good plan C.

Cant wait for the season to start already. These couple of weeks every year are always torture.

Advertisement
Back