Canes Football QB starter will be named tomorrow

do what Brad couldn't do Malik, wins the close ones against the top teams

Brad was all floor no ceiling when he got here a finished product that didnt get any better out of highschool. Didn't help that he didnt have to compete for the job either.

Malik was all raw potential, wasnt ready immediately like Kaaya was BUT will be a better qb bc of his potential and the fact that he had to actually compete for the job.

Will be the 1st qb since Jacory to beat FSU

the extraordinary coaching sure did not help him either!

Advertisement
rosier doesnt need to win the heisman for us to succeed. did anyone catch a glimpse of jalen hurts' extraordinary passing capacity last year? he sucks throwing the ball. we need core competency, few turnovers, few mistakes and we will succeed.

And this is why I think both him and Shirreffs can lead us to the ACC title game. It's also why I think Shirreffs has the slight edge currently. Can't go wrong with either one, as far as I'm concerned.

Just re-watched the Duke game Rosier started in. He was servicable even then & im sure he's gotten better. I think he's gonna run this offense well.

i watched it yesterday also. made some spectacular throws, got the D to jump offsides twice. had a few terrible throws, hung on to the ball once or twice too long (fixable with good coaching)(a richt pet peeve), but serviceable is a good word, with the kicker that he can run the ball and is more mobile than kaaya.

Sam Darnold, who is probably the best player in college football, didn't start as a true freshman. Didn't even play. Perry will be fine, and so will this program.

Give the veteran a shot. He's already shown us once, as a freshmans on the road against a team favored to beat us, that he's a gamer. I expect him to be much better as a Junior with 2 years of Rick's tutelage in what should be a better system than Coley ran.

Advertisement
Sam Darnold, who is probably the best player in college football, didn't start as a true freshman. Didn't even play. Perry will be fine, and so will this program.

Give the veteran a shot. He's already shown us once, as a freshmans on the road against a team favored to beat us, that he's a gamer. I expect him to be much better as a Junior with 2 years of Rick's tutelage in what should be a better system than Coley ran.

And he doesn't have to go out there and score 50 points a game. Our Defense is going to win us a lot of games. Who ever the QB is just cant lose games for us. With the offensive tools and weapons just get the ball to the play makers in space and clean hand offs to Walton we good.

Malik took this job and earned it......the fsu game will be the game where we need him and his legs. Perry will still be a savage regardless if he shirts or not

Lol man I don't know if Rosier is or will be a better QB than Kaaya. Kaaya can sling that thing when pocket is clean. Rosier def more mobile but does that mean he is a better QB? Not sure

Brad was all floor no ceiling when he got here a finished product that didnt get any better out of highschool. Didn't help that he didnt have to compete for the job either.

Malik was all raw potential, wasnt ready immediately like Kaaya was BUT will be a better qb bc of his potential and the fact that he had to actually compete for the job.

This team does not need Vince Young to win games. I will take a "solid" guy who does everything the system requires and expect 10 wins-perhaps more................

Advertisement
This team does not need Vince Young to win games. I will take a "solid" guy who does everything the system requires and expect 10 wins-perhaps more................

No team except bama in recent years has won a championship without a big time qb.

Winston, Manziel, Young redshirted too. There's nothing wrong about needing time to get ready.

gonna be rosier as starter with evan backing up. perry and weldon both redshirting unless injuries force them to play

Evan ain't getting no extended PT over Perry...Evan is the insurance policy to Rosier and Perry if he the stage is to big for him. No matter what the depth charts says, It's Rosier and Perry this season.

gonna be rosier as starter with evan backing up. perry and weldon both redshirting unless injuries force them to play

Evan ain't getting no extended PT over Perry...Evan is the insurance policy to Rosier and Perry if he the stage is to big for him. No matter what the depth charts says, It's Rosier and Perry this season.

If Perry is indeed the future of the program, why waste a year of his eligibility if he's the 3rd string QB?

If he overtakes Evan and becomes the no. 2 then yes, let him play.

Advertisement
The second best QB in camp should be the backup. If that's clearly Evan, than so be it. And as inexperienced as all of our QB's are, the backup need to get some burn in the first couple of games.

Advertisement
Not to bring up a sore subject but how did Allison make the decision to leave? It seems likely that he would of been a major candidate for consideration to be the starter if his play was decent. The article that came out had his Father saying that Miami wanted more of a mobile quaterback to run the offense. That comment made me think N'kosi was our guy before he even arrived. Was Allsion that bad or just weak mentally? Was Jack not better than Evan? I kind of wish he was still here. Definitely had the best arm talent of the bunch except for N'kosi. I will support Malik though 100% as long as he manages the game, can complete some long passes and doesn't play scared and make mistakes. Our defense is good enough to keep us in every game.

Even though countless people have said Perry is no more mobile than our other QBs?

I think Rosier, Shirreffs, and Perry are all more mobile than Allison.

You said you thought Perry was the guy once you heard Richt wanted a mobile QB, even though everyone was saying Rosier and Shierreffs were jsut as mobile, if not mroe mobile than Perry? That doesn't make sense to me.

Just re-watched the Duke game Rosier started in. He was servicable even then & im sure he's gotten better. I think he's gonna run this offense well.

i watched it yesterday also. made some spectacular throws, got the D to jump offsides twice. had a few terrible throws, hung on to the ball once or twice too long (fixable with good coaching)(a richt pet peeve), but serviceable is a good word, with the kicker that he can run the ball and is more mobile than kaaya.

How about that opening throw when he hit Herb after getting crush. That was big time honestly.

QB advice from the guy that says Perry throws like Aaron Rodgers straight out of highschool

Advertisement
Back