Canes Football QB starter will be named tomorrow

Watch the run game get exponentially better because defenses wont be able to completely sell out and crash on the RB on the read option.

If Malik can be competent in the throw game this offense should be much more dynamic than last year. That offense, between Rick's rust and Kaaya' unprecedentedly cement feet, was a mish mash of slop that would make an abortionist wretch.
I have no idea how Malik will do but it was just sad to watch them attempt that stuff with Kaaya last year. It was inexcusable.

Theres no doubt Rosier has some really exciting qualities. And it's safe to say some kids just get better on Saturdays than during practice.

Lets go.

Advertisement
Richt had this to say today about Rosier in relationship to the mental part of the game

“Malik made a really good check in the scrimmage and turned it into a touchdown,” Richt said. “That shows that he knows what he is doing and guys can have confidence that he knows what he is doing. He took a good situation and made it a great situation.”

“Quarterbacks earn leadership through execution,” Richt said. “They earn the respect of their team by knowing what to do. It is not only knowing what to do, but being able to deliver.”

Those quotes are a perfect encapsulation of what I've been harping on for months. It's nearly impossible for a freshmans QB to be proficient in all the mental and leadership elements of the position in a month of practice.

That's why late enrollee freshmans QBs have never accomplished anything. Ever. You can point to stats, but they don't win big. Period.

Kosar's arm was better than average.

I remember when he won the job. He had the 3rd or 4th best arm on the team. What he had was good ball placement, decision making, and just enough arm to get the job done. Had the internet been around in 1983 it would have been on fire with him winning the job.

Actually, the Internet was around in 1983, but it was limited to electronic mail and primitive, Usenet-based applications. Mostly in academia and government. The Personal Computer had rolled out by that time, iirc.

tv was around also, so you can hop on youtube, watch some 83 miami games, and see for yourself that kosar's arm was plenty strong

Watch the run game get exponentially better because defenses wont be able to completely sell out and crash on the RB on the read option.

If Malik can be competent in the throw game this offense should be much more dynamic than last year. That offense, between Rick's rust and Kaaya' unprecedentedly cement feet, was a mish mash of slop that would make an abortionist wretch.
I have no idea how Malik will do but it was just sad to watch them attempt that stuff with Kaaya last year. It was inexcusable.

Theres no doubt Rosier has some really exciting qualities. And it's safe to say some kids just get better on Saturdays than during practice.

Lets go.

He gave us a glimpse of his running ability last year with that long scamper against Puke.

Lets go.

He gave us a glimpse of his running ability last year with that long scamper against Puke.
Yeah Malik can definitely move. Your point shouldn't be understated. I bring it up a lot in these discussions but Trubisky being able to run just a little bit won that game for them. It just gives the D too much to think about and if you have someone like Kaaya trying to do it, it's just pointless.

Advertisement
Richt had this to say today about Rosier in relationship to the mental part of the game

“Malik made a really good check in the scrimmage and turned it into a touchdown,” Richt said. “That shows that he knows what he is doing and guys can have confidence that he knows what he is doing. He took a good situation and made it a great situation.”

“Quarterbacks earn leadership through execution,” Richt said. “They earn the respect of their team by knowing what to do. It is not only knowing what to do, but being able to deliver.”

Those quotes are a perfect encapsulation of what I've been harping on for months. It's nearly impossible for a freshmans QB to be proficient in all the mental and leadership elements of the position in a month of practice.

That's why late enrollee freshmans QBs have never accomplished anything. Ever. You can point to stats, but they don't win big. Period.

Just catching up on today, but you hit it. Several of us have been preaching the same thing since back in Jan. It wasn't favoritism of one particular player, or animus towards Perry or others, just a logical look at the situation based on mountains of evidence accumulated through decades of college football records. Wishing something doesn't make it so, especially something that basically has either never happened or whose odds are infinitesimally small.

Kosar's arm was better than average.

I remember when he won the job. He had the 3rd or 4th best arm on the team. What he had was good ball placement, decision making, and just enough arm to get the job done. Had the internet been around in 1983 it would have been on fire with him winning the job.

Actually, the Internet was around in 1983, but it was limited to electronic mail and primitive, Usenet-based applications. Mostly in academia and government. The Personal Computer had rolled out by that time, iirc.

tv was around also, so you can hop on youtube, watch some 83 miami games, and see for yourself that kosar's arm was plenty strong

Not nearly the arm his backup had and that's my point. You don't need to have the strongest arm on the team in order to be the best QB. We'd have won more titles had Kosar stayed, even though his arm wasn't close to Vinny's. I never said Kosar had a BAD arm, just that he wasn't this guy known for having a cannon that could bail him out of trouble. Jesus.

Advertisement
Back