Canes Football QB starter will be named tomorrow

Advertisement
will be shirreffs by FSU

I think it will be Shirreffs by tomorrow, and I'm basing that on two things: What Richt says he's looking for in the starter--efficiency, knowing where to go with the ball, and limiting mistakes; And what Richt compliments Evan on--efficiency, knowing where to go with the ball, and limiting mistakes.

I like Evan, but for all the praise he gets on here for good decisions and not turning the ball over, I think his turnover numbers are equal or higher than Rosier in scrimmages with less reps than Rosier.

YOU do not beat FSU being a Check Down artist give me Malik or Perry and lets ride.

Knowing where to go with the football means a **** of a lot more than just knowing the check down and the dump off man. He didn't average 17.5 yards per completion dumping it off to the backs. In fact, I don't remember the backs having much of a big receiving day at all. Knowing where to go with the football means making the right read and taking what the defense gives you rather than forcing the ball into tight spots or going off script when there's an open read.

Not a fan of rosier but hopefully dude can have a year like marquise williams did his senior year at unc.

As a UM fan, why would you not be a fan of a UM player who has been a good UM man and seems to have won the QB competition fairly after being **** on and doubted by every insider?

Not a fan of rosier but hopefully dude can have a year like marquise williams did his senior year at unc.

Why aren't you a fan of him? He has played 1 game and won that game. Everything else would be you basing you feelings on practice notes?

Advertisement
I just hope Richt has lost his only chess match for the foreseeable future to Charles effing Kelley.

will be shirreffs by FSU

I think it will be Shirreffs by tomorrow, and I'm basing that on two things: What Richt says he's looking for in the starter--efficiency, knowing where to go with the ball, and limiting mistakes; And what Richt compliments Evan on--efficiency, knowing where to go with the ball, and limiting mistakes.

I like Evan, but for all the praise he gets on here for good decisions and not turning the ball over, I think his turnover numbers are equal or higher than Rosier in scrimmages with less reps than Rosier.

Fair point. However, that "knows where to go with the football," line is ringing in my ear for some reason.

there is a difference between dumb throw wrong read turnovers vs. just bad throw right read turnovers. But it looks like Malik based on the timing. And this might just be an A and B scenario because someone has to start. The other may still get plenty of reps during actual game situations with a solid starter named by the time FSU rolls around. Things may still change. And I'd feel the same way if it is Sherriffs that gets the nod tomorrow.

As a UM fan, why would you not be a fan of a UM player who has been a good UM man and seems to have won the QB competition fairly after being **** on and doubted by every insider?

Im just not sold on him. He did a good job vs the 2nd unit but he isnt going to be playing backups on saturdays.

I don't have to be a fan of his just because he plays at miami. It's the same as dudes talking shït about duke, kaaya, morris and etc.

Advertisement

Im just not sold on him. He did a good job vs the 2nd unit but he isnt going to be playing backups on saturdays.

I don't have to be a fan of his just because he plays at miami. It's the same as dudes talking shït about duke, kaaya, morris and etc.

I understand not being sold on him. I'm not completely sold on any of our QBs. I just didn't get the "not a fan of Rosier " comment.

will be shirreffs by FSU

Fair point. However, that "knows where to go with the football," line is ringing in my ear for some reason.

That and everyone says he hits guys in stride. That's really big when you're talking about the weapons we have. I'm good with whoever wins, and I'm proud of both guys stepping up their game.

will be shirreffs by FSU

there is a difference between dumb throw wrong read turnovers vs. just bad throw right read turnovers. But it looks like Malik based on the timing. And this might just be an A and B scenario because someone has to start. The other may still get plenty of reps during actual game situations with a solid starter named by the time FSU rolls around. Things may still change. And I'd feel the same way if it is Sherriffs that gets the nod tomorrow.

Agreed. I think it's been a truly open competition where every player has been given an opportunity to prove themselves ready, and whoever gets named will have undergone one of the most rigorous and fierce QB evaluation periods in a long time at Miami.

Advertisement

Agreed. I think it's been a truly open competition where every player has been given an opportunity to prove themselves ready, and whoever gets named will have undergone one of the most rigorous and fierce QB evaluation periods in a long time at Miami.

The best QB competition we've had in years, and it's not even close.

I've always loved the idea that at UM our offense should be so good that we just didn't need a running QB. With that said, I think I'm gonna like seeing our QB turn the tides for a change and run a little wild on the FSU D they way their QB's have often been a headache running on us and opening things up for their offense. I'm just hoping the kid doesn't make too may mistakes. If he doesn't I think his ceiling might be a bit higher than most anybody's been willing to give him credit for.

I'll take a few more interceptions if it comes with seeing our QB run for some key first downs & the defense not being able to just go right after Mark on the read option. If Malik is good the sky is the limit for this team. It's very exciting.

Advertisement
I've always loved the idea that at UM our offense should be so good that we just didn't need a running QB. With that said, I think I'm gonna like seeing our QB turn the tides for a change and run a little wild on the FSU D they way their QB's have often been a headache running on us and opening things up for their offense. I'm just hoping the kid doesn't make too may mistakes. If he doesn't I think his ceiling might be a bit higher than most anybody's been willing to give him credit for.

To me it's not even their running ability, but their willingness to run when it's 3rd and 3 and they know they can get 4 yards. They ALL have that willingness, and certainly enough mobility to do it. Our O could be very dangerous this year.

QBs who can run have absolutely killed FSU. They typically feast on statuesque QBs.

Advertisement
Back