Cam'Ron Harris

I’m not a big Cam Harris guy. I think he’s a tough one cut back. Solid. Certainly a starter. Quality. Just not someone teams **** their pants when they watch on film. Kings words are encouraging though. Hopefully he proves me wrong & makes me eat my words. I just think those two freshman are special talents & are gonna eat alot of his carries. Again I hope I’m wrong & he shatters records & you ******** quote me & make a mockery of me.

Advertisement
I like Harris because of his toughness.

There were multiple big plays last year where #23 sprinted down the field looking for someone to hit.
This is true. Take a look at his highlights in the Bethune-Cookman game. #20 the DB from BC had a couple of late hits on Cam and when we were down at 1st & goal, Cam took the pitch left and while had ample room to run it in untouched, he dug in and cut upfield and ran over #20 and reminded him who's he was.
Cam is tough and will impose his will on you.

I’m not a big Cam Harris guy. I think he’s a tough one cut back. Solid. Certainly a starter. Quality. Just not someone teams **** their pants when they watch on film. Kings words are encouraging though. Hopefully he proves me wrong & makes me eat my words. I just think those two freshman are special talents & are gonna eat alot of his carries. Again I hope I’m wrong & he shatters records & you ******** quote me & make a mockery of me.
Not gonna make a mockery of you, but entertain this: With better play calling and putting OL in a position to be more effective, #23 can become that RB terror other teams fear. I'm a big fan of Cam because he's the vet and we know he will bring it whenever he's on the field.

I watched his highlights from last year and I think the guy can be special. Averaged 5.2 with our horrible line play and play calling from last year with 2 big plays being called back that would have pushed his average a bit higher. As the second back, he had a good stat line. He made guys miss at the line and took off. Our wr block a little longer, and those corners have no angles. The first guy never takes Cam down and it takes 2-3 more to do so after the first contact. And he definitely ran over more guys than anyone else we have had in a while around here. He was very nice in the screen game as well. There’s this play in his highlights where they are in the red zone vs Duke I think, where the safety was coming down to the b gap On the right side to meet him head on and the B gap was the only open one. But he had to wait for the pulling guard and set it up to open.Harris looks that way and sees him and sets up to hit that hole but makes one cut into the a gap between guard and center and left dude frozen in the b gap. And he walks into the end zone! It happens so fast you don’t even see it! But it was a thing of beauty! It did look like a counter, because the right guard pulled. But he showed nice vision.

Last edited:
I watched his highlights from last year and I think the guy can be special. Averaged 5.2 with our horrible line play and play calling from last year with 2 big plays being called back that would have pushed his average a bit higher. As the second back, he had a good stat line. He made guys miss at the line and took off. Our wr block a little longer, and those corners have no angles. The first guy never takes Cam down and it takes 2-3 more to do so after the first contact. And he definitely ran over more guys than anyone else we have had in a while around here. He was very nice in the screen game as well. There’s this play in his highlights where they are in the red zone vs Duke I think, where the safety was coming down to the b gap On the right side to meet him head on and the B gap was the only open one. But he had to wait for the pulling guard and set it up to open.Harris looks that way and sees him and sets up to hit that hole but makes one cut into the a gap between guard and center and left dude frozen in the b gap. And he walks into the end zone! It happens so fast you don’t even see it! But it was a thing of beauty! It did look like a counter, because the right guard pulled. But he showed nice vision.

Who do Cam most remind you of?

Advertisement
Cam is a victim of his early success IMO.

After the GT & VT games his Frosh year - people have been forcing themselves to see something more than what's there.

Cam is good, just not quite as good as his reputation among Miami fans.

Zuuuu don't bust. I expect a big season from Cam'ron. Hard worker who will reap the rewards of his efforts.

Advertisement
Been a Cam fan since we signed him. Go all the way back to those threads where I said Cam was a more natural RB and better than Zo. Cam will have a great year and whoever our #2 RB will also cause Cam is going to punish other teams. This will allow RB 2 to come in run all over tired defenses.

Cam is a victim of his early success IMO.

After the GT & VT games his Frosh year - people have been forcing themselves to see something more than what's there.

Cam is good, just not quite as good as his reputation among Miami fans.
Ok, what's not there in your OPINION? That us miami fans is overstating about harris?

Ok, what's not there in your OPINION? That us miami fans is overstating about harris?
His vision comes and goes and sometimes even when it’s on he doesn’t hit his landmarks fast enough. He’s a okay pass blocker but he could be better. What I like most about him though is he’s not “boom or bust” more times than not he’ll get you positive yards.

Advertisement
His vision comes and goes and sometimes even when it’s on he doesn’t hit his landmarks fast enough. He’s a okay pass blocker but he could be better. What I like most about him though is he’s not “boom or bust” more times than not he’ll get you positive yards.
I watched his U highlights vision comes with increased playing time, but should be there initially if your a good/proven rb.usually when cam hits da whole his hair is on fire so if his initial read isnt there its hard to cut or change direction when whole opens up! But as we can see if the initial read is there the run vs vatech comes to mind if he gets free no one is catching him.

I watched his U highlights vision comes with increased playing time, but should be there initially if your a good/proven rb.usually when cam hits da whole his hair is on fire so if his initial read isnt there its hard to cut or change direction when whole opens up! But as we can see if the initial read is there the run vs vatech comes to mind if he gets free no one is catching him.
Don’t get me wrong I’m a a fan personally. If I’m his RB coach I’ll be drumming it in his head “slow to, fast through” he masters that and we got us a high round running back

Don’t get me wrong I’m a a fan personally. If I’m his RB coach I’ll be drumming it in his head “slow to, fast through” he masters that and we got us a high round running back
Sorta like leveon bell, poke, prod see da whole then burst thru it!

Advertisement
I think Cam can hit big plays if the hole is there - he's got really good speed. But he has limited change of direction once he gets going - so it's hard for him to create for himself. And he'll take on contact, but he doesn't get many yds after contact.

This is definitely just my opinion, but I think since people crowned him too early after the GT & VT games they've talked themselves into looking past what's right there.

Like that he was 9 for 14 yds & a lost fumble after the GT/VT games. Then he got outplayed by DeeJay last Spring but people had already decided Cam was going to be the starter. And then DeeJay outplayed him last year. Cam has been 4.8 ypc since the VT game, and hasn't made big plays receiving game either. And most of his big games have come against bad defenses.

Again, Cam is good - but once fans crown him they'll make excuses for some pretty easily seen red flags. I just think his ceiling is lower than most.

Last edited:
I really like Cam. I think he will have a huge year. I don't understand how some don't think he is any good.

I think he's much better than we saw last year. Everything about the offense was inept.

Last year, DJ did 693 yards. Harris did 576. That's 1269. With an improved offense, I'd hope our top 2 rushers hit 1500 this year. No reason Harris + ____? can't hit that (and likely should do more).

Advertisement
Back