Cam'Ron Harris

Must we do this every year? Yes, we must....

Cam is having an incredible start to the year. I'm not a fan of his style, but I certainly can't argue with the results.

I could give some stats to put these 2 games in perspective - but it just comes off as hate instead of analysis.

I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out.

I would just sit this one out if I were you. I was reviewing some of the posts in this thread, and your analytical abilities re:running backs are definitely in question.

Advertisement

Cam is having an incredible start to the year. I'm not a fan of his style, but I certainly can't argue with the results.

I could give some stats to put these 2 games in perspective - but it just comes off as hate instead of analysis.

I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out.

Lol @ not a fan of his style
As if that matters

You’re correct that it’s early but you have to admit that your Previous assessment of Cam was not only harsh but a bit over the top.
‘I’m not telling you he’s the next Saquon Barkley, but he is definitely a 1st strong running back who will play in the NFL.

Advertisement
You’re correct that it’s early but you have to admit that your Previous assessment of Cam was not only harsh but a bit over the top.
‘I’m not telling you he’s the next Saquon Barkley, but he is definitely a 1st strong running back who will play in the NFL.

What did I say about Cam in this thread that you think is harsh and over the top?

Gotta tip your hat to the way he's played so far.

Would anyone take him over Etienne though? What about that dude we just faced?

Okay, he's a Cane, but on talent alone I'm taking Etienne. PlayStation would be a discussion, young man is good.

Anyhow, keep it up Cam. You've started the year better than I ever thought you would.

If Cam stays healthy, he will be Miami's 8th NFL back in 10 years.

I agree with you. That's why I compared Cam to other Day 3 picks - Dallas, Homer, and Walton.

And 8 RB's drafted in 10 years is really f*cking impressive. But all those 8 RB's drafted aren't the same. There's a world of difference between Lamar Miller and Marquez Williams.

Similarly - all Dade county RB's aren't the same. Yearby, Walton, Cam are not Duke or Lamar.

But every year a Miami RB blows up early in the season against a Duke, FAU, Toledo, Louisville type team - and the board lights up with "they're as good as Duke / best in the ACC / one of the best in the country / a Day 2 pick". That's why I say "must we do this every year?"

Advertisement
I agree with you. That's why I compared Cam to other Day 3 picks - Dallas, Homer, and Walton.

And 8 RB's drafted in 10 years is really f*cking impressive. But all those 8 RB's drafted aren't the same. There's a world of difference between Lamar Miller and Marquez Williams.

Similarly - all Dade county RB's aren't the same. Yearby, Walton, Cam are not Duke or Lamar.

But every year a Miami RB blows up early in the season against a Duke, FAU, Toledo, Louisville type team - and the board lights up with "they're as good as Duke / best in the ACC / one of the best in the country / a Day 2 pick". That's why I say "must we do this every year?"
Yeah but only difference with cam compared to those other ones is he should weigh in really well at the combine and run a very fast 40 yard dash which will help him. We will see if he continues his play but if I’m a betting man I’d say he will

Yeah but only difference with cam compared to those other ones is he should weigh in really well at the combine and run a very fast 40 yard dash which will help him. We will see if he continues his play but if I’m a betting man I’d say he will

So you think Cam will be a Day 2 pick?

This is what put him on the map in his Junior year at Carol City. He carried them to the state title with multiple long TD runs.

22 mph surprised the **** out of me.

During week 1, I actually called him slow because it looked like he was slow to get on the horse for the long run vs UAB.

I remember when I wrote this last year. Watching him this year compared to last you can see he's taken his game to another level and you can see he just looks so much more committed to winning and physically he looks ready for the league

Advertisement
So you think Cam will be a Day 2 pick?
Could be if he plays the rest of the year like this. other than etienne, chubba Hubbard what other backs you see going high? People hype Najee Harris but he’s a bit overrated to me but he should go day 2 due to hype alone

Could be if he plays the rest of the year like this. other than etienne, chubba Hubbard what other backs you see going high? People hype Najee Harris but he’s a bit overrated to me but he should go day 2 due to hype alone
It's a weak year for RB IMO. Etienne, Harris, Hubbard - Journey Brown and Kennedy Brooks are guys to watch. Gonna be a weird year and hard to tell.

Regardless - I don't see Cam as a day 2 type of talent. Statistically I see Cam coming back down to earth a bit in the next and having a Homer-like season. I see Cam more as a 5th round type - in the Dallas/Walton/Homer range. I don't see that as a slight to Cam, but others disagree.

Apparently @OriginalCanesCanesCanes & @AtlAtty think that makes me a terrible judge of RB's, so I assume they're all in on Cam being a 2nd/3rd round pick.

It's a weak year for RB IMO. Etienne, Harris, Hubbard - Journey Brown and Kennedy Brooks are guys to watch. Gonna be a weird year and hard to tell.

Regardless - I don't see Cam as a day 2 type of talent. Statistically I see Cam coming back down to earth a bit in the next and having a Homer-like season. I see Cam more as a 5th round type - in the Dallas/Walton/Homer range. I don't see that as a slight to Cam, but others disagree.

Apparently @OriginalCanesCanesCanes & @AtlAtty think that makes me a terrible judge of RB's, so I assume they're all in on Cam being a 2nd/3rd round pick.
Kennedy brooks is the one from Oklahoma sitting out right? See it’s a weak class outside of a few names. Harris has an opportunity to make a name for himself this season

Advertisement

To revisit this - Cam's had 32 carries for 70 yds in the last 3 games.

That's why I said let's wait on Cam, because we do this every year. And sure enough, we did it again.

We've played some excellent defenses, and Cam's definitely better than the last 3 games. He's just not as good as the first 2 games.

That's why I said let's wait on Cam, because we do this every year. And sure enough, we did it again.

We've played some excellent defenses, and Cam's definitely better than the last 3 games. He's just not as good as the first 2 games.
Fair points.

Our offensive line also sucked donkey balls along with Lashlee running the same lame dive pay into gaynors back on first downs. Not much Cam can do.

Advertisement
Back