Cam'Ron Harris

Advertisement
I think Cam can hit big plays if the hole is there - he's got really good speed. But he has limited change of direction once he gets going - so it's hard for him to create for himself. And he'll take on contact, but he doesn't get many yds after contact.

This is definitely just my opinion, but I think since people crowned him too early after the GT & VT games they've talked themselves into looking past what's right there.

Like that he was 9 for 14 yds & a lost fumble after the GT/VT games. Then he got outplayed by DeeJay last Spring but people had already decided Cam was going to be the starter. And then DeeJay outplayed him last year. Cam has been 4.8 ypc since the VT game, and hasn't made big plays receiving game either. And most of his big games have come against bad defenses.

Again, Cam is good - but once fans crown him they'll make excuses for some pretty easily seen red flags. I just think his ceiling is lower than most.
I agree, with your first paragraph! Not sure if he is 20-25 carry a game running back? Is he a work horse...ala Leonard fournette, zeke, kamara types

Imo.. Cam is a solid 2nd string RB. He has that dog in him which I like

The 2 freshman TALENT wise are on another level
Maybe, but I don’t see them beating out Cam for the job and I feel he does enough to get himself drafted next year.

I agree, with your first paragraph! Not sure if he is 20-25 carry a game running back? Is he a work horse...ala Leonard fournette, zeke, kamara types

I definitely don't see him anywhere close to Fournette, Zeke, Kamara.

I think he's a notch below Homer/Dallas, and a notch above Walton. Like Walton, I think if he puts up numbers it'll be more volume than based than talent. I just think with Chaney/Knighton/King all needing their touches too that Cam won't get that volume.

Last edited:
I definitely don't see him anywhere close to Fournette, Zeke, Kamara.

I think he's a notch below Homer/Dallas, and a notch above Walton. Like Walton, I think if he puts up numbers it'll be more volume than based. I just think with Chaney/Knighton/King all needing their touches too that Cam won't get that volume.
Well he will get first crack at it, will he hold off rooster and chaney.

Advertisement
Well he will get first crack at it, will he hold off rooster and chaney.

That's the question - and I can completely see if people think Cam will hold off Chaney/Knighton. I just think it'll look more like a timeshare than Cam getting a large majority of the carries.

I think people aren't really considering the amount of carries King is going to have - which leaves less overall carries for the RB's as a whole.

Some comments in this thread have not aged very well
bshaw28 and mikemike need to come back to this thread and write a lengthy and heartfelt apology to Cam and allow the rest of us to question their knowledge of the sport of football. And their manhood for not having already done so.

Advertisement
But how is this stat possible if Harris is
a. overrated
b. worse than the freshmen
c. 2nd string at best
d. not in the same class as Deejay Dallas

good question, especially with Hawkins sucking so bad because he was a 3 star once or some dumb **** spouted on this board

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what put him on the map in his Junior year at Carol City. He carried them to the state title with multiple long TD runs.

I remember seeing some of those runs on YouTube. But there are guys that have an extra gear in high school, that never find it in college, because of the competition. You have lots of guys in a high school defensive backfield that don’t have college speed. Cam is showing he has that gear at this level.

bshaw28 and mikemike need to come back to this thread and write a lengthy and heartfelt apology to Cam and allow the rest of us to question their knowledge of the sport of football. And their manhood for not having already done so.

Must we do this every year? Yes, we must....

Cam is having an incredible start to the year. I'm not a fan of his style, but I certainly can't argue with the results.

I could give some stats to put these 2 games in perspective - but it just comes off as hate instead of analysis.

I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out.

Cam is having an incredible start to the year. I'm not a fan of his style, but I certainly can't argue with the results.

I could give some stats to put these 2 games in perspective - but it just comes off as hate instead of analysis.

I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out.
Of the many questionable statements in this post, the bolded and underlined begs for greater exposition.

Advertisement
Back