Cam'Ron Harris

To revisit this - Cam's had 32 carries for 70 yds in the last 3 games.

That's why I said let's wait on Cam, because we do this every year. And sure enough, we did it again.

We've played some excellent defenses, and Cam's definitely better than the last 3 games. He's just not as good as the first 2 games.
You don't suppose that facing two of the top ten defenses in the country might have had anything to do with that?

Advertisement
To revisit this - Cam's had 32 carries for 70 yds in the last 3 games.

That's why I said let's wait on Cam, because we do this every year. And sure enough, we did it again.

We've played some excellent defenses, and Cam's definitely better than the last 3 games. He's just not as good as the first 2 games.
Do bears **** in a Forrest?

You don't suppose that facing two of the top ten defenses in the country might have had anything to do with that?
Yes - the point you're making now was exactly my point 3 weeks ago when I said:

"I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out."

Yes - the point you're making now was exactly my point 3 weeks ago when I said:

"I hope Cam continues to blowup the rest of the year. But let's wait until after the FSU/Clemson/Pitt games before calling me out."
This might have been better saved until after UVA.

Advertisement
I cant front when we signed him I didn't know that much about his game. I watched his highlights and they were cool but his college game is sick. Everytime he gets the ball I'm thinking big play coming. He runs so smooth. To me he is underrated in the appreciation column. With DeeJay being solid we dont get to see Harris as much but **** I like his game. Keep in mind this guy has had so many bug runs called back because of penalty too.
Are you kidding me?!?

This might have been better saved until after UVA.
UVA is just one more game, and the point is not to overreact to just 1 or 2 games. I definitely think Cam will have some more big games this season. I just think some not so good games will be mixed in there too.

Cam having a "Duke" like season as people were saying after 2 games we now know isn't going to happen. Cam having a "Homer/Dallas" like season is still very much possible.

I felt Cam was a notch below Homer & Dallas before the season, and I'm still seeing the same positive & negatives tendencies to Cam's game that still makes me think that thru 5 games. But I could be wrong, and I get why people think that's underselling Cam.

I'd say let's wait and see how the rest of the season plays out.

UVA is just one more game, and the point is not to overreact to just 1 or 2 games. I definitely think Cam will have some more big games this season. I just think some not so good games will be mixed in there too.

Cam having a "Duke" like season as people were saying after 2 games we now know isn't going to happen. Cam having a "Homer/Dallas" like season is still very much possible.

I felt Cam was a notch below Homer & Dallas before the season, and I'm still seeing the same positive & negatives tendencies to Cam's game that still makes me think that thru 5 games. But I could be wrong, and I get why people think that's underselling Cam.

My point was that even if you're 100% correct, coming off two stellar defenses will not provide evidence.

Advertisement
My point was that even if you're 100% correct, coming off two stellar defenses will not provide evidence.
I could be reading it wrong, but...

If your point is you can't judge Cam solely on the Clemson & Pitt games - I 100% agree with you. It's just games 2 against great defenses, and there were other factors like OL play that affected Cam's play. That's why I'm looking at all of Cam's games as a whole.

If your point is to dismiss the Clemson & Pitt games because they were good defenses - I'd disagree. Cam went 20 for 27 yds in those 2 games and that doesn't 100% fall on the OL. Cam has some responsibility in that.

I could be reading it wrong, but...

If your point is you can't judge Cam solely on the Clemson & Pitt games - I 100% agree with you. It's just games 2 against great defenses, and there were other factors like OL play that affected Cam's play. That's why I'm looking at all of Cam's games as a whole.

If your point is to dismiss the Clemson & Pitt games because they were good defenses - I'd disagree. Cam went 20 for 27 yds in those 2 games and that doesn't 100% fall on the OL. Cam has some responsibility in that.
I'm saying there are variables that come into play with those two teams that make it difficult to assess Cam's performance on its own.

We basically only run inside zone behind Jakai Clark who’s either already 5 yards behind the LOS or 5 yards ahead before the ball’s even snapped.

Cam is much better than the last 3 games. And just like many Miami RBs as of late, his pass blocking will be viewed as a plus compared to most college RBs.

He's a Homer / Dallas level talent. They're pulling in NFL cheques right now, albeit as backups. He'll do similar.

Advertisement
I'm saying there are variables that come into play with those two teams that make it difficult to assess Cam's performance on its own.
More difficult , yes - but not impossible.

If Miami's other RB's put up better numbers than Cam vs FSU/Clemson/Pitt, and RB's from other teams are putting up better numbers than Cam vs those teams, then you have to wonder why that is.

I would say you can see the tendencies in Cam's game - both good and bad - In the UAB/Louisville/FSU game that are indicators of why he didn't have great games vs Clemson & Pitt.

Cam is patient at pressing the line, reading the hole (when it's there), and has dangerous speed once he gets through the hole. He can burn a defense.

When the hole isn't there, he struggles to create for himself and IMO too often his instinct is to get to the sideline. This leads to some big plays, but also to some bad losses. And that gets exposed more often vs good Defenses.

His running style is why he continues to be a boom or bust RB.

More difficult , yes - but not impossible.

If Miami's other RB's put up better numbers than Cam vs FSU/Clemson/Pitt, and RB's from other teams are putting up better numbers than Cam vs those teams, then you have to wonder why that is.

I would say you can see the tendencies in Cam's game - both good and bad - In the UAB/Louisville/FSU game that are indicators of why he didn't have great games vs Clemson & Pitt.

Cam is patient at pressing the line, reading the hole (when it's there), and has dangerous speed once he gets through the hole. He can burn a defense.

When the hole isn't there, he struggles to create for himself and IMO too often his instinct is to get to the sideline. This leads to some big plays, but also to some bad losses. And that gets exposed more often vs good Defenses.

His running style is why he continues to be a boom or bust RB.
Difficult enough that it reduces the likelihood of making an objective evaluation. That's all that matters.

Advertisement
Are you being critical of him for not gaining more yardage in those two games?
Partially - yes. It's a combo of Cam, the OL, and the defenses. Cam doesn't get 100% of the criticism, but he doesn't get 0% of the criticism.

When you mention Cam's last three games, you need to remember his frst games, teams were worried about the second comng of fun and gun with Miami's "athletes" allowing us to throw the ball all over the place to our WRs and TEs. And they were spying King.

When the WRs no-showed, and we couldn;t hit the long ball, Defeses just loaded the box. And, for whatever reason they slowed his # of carries. The offense kind of has to hit on all cylanders or really good Defenses can take away what you really need to be doing.

Kid is a one cut kid..would be excellent once this oline gets right
Our O-line is what it is as we all have seen. We definitely need to improve this area! They are mediocre at best when facing a decent D-line and minus King’s scrambling yards, our running back stats have shown this.

Advertisement
Back