Cam'Ron Harris

Advertisement
Every year it's the same thing over and over. Some freshman is going to take the upperclassman's job by season end. One of these guys is already hurt and behind the curve. Then add on top of that they do have to know pass protection.

Perhaps later on they will move around Burns, but i don't see them taking carries away from Harris unless he sustains an injury.

We'll revisit this subject further down the line.

Every year it's the same thing over and over. Some freshman is going to take the upperclassman's job by season end. One of these guys is already hurt and behind the curve. Then add on top of that they do have to know pass protection.

Perhaps later on they will move around Burns, but i don't see them taking carries away from Harris unless he sustains an injury.

True.

However, it is not every year we get the best RB from Dade County AND the best RB from Broward County in the same class.
So this could be the year. You never know.

Homer is a legit NFL RB on a good NFL team.

That should give you an idea of how underrated he was here. He was very underrated.
he was underrated by ignorant fans. he helped to win many games, including on ST and pass protection. he'll never be a superstar, but he's a solid backup and substitute NFL running back.

I like his “gym” work ethic. I’m just not a fan of his vision, his game day lazy feet, and his inability to use any type of stiff arm when he’s in the open field.

He’s too big to run so soft - at times. He was tackled entirely too many times in 2019 by defenders that were tied up with blocks at the 2nd and 3rd Level. Gotta win those battles.

I need him to put out (at least) a 2000 James Jackson type season this year - effort wise. James ran HARD. Wasn’t the fastest. But, defenders remembered him after every encounter.

Advertisement
Cam 210 now , homer was in that 195-200 range at Miami. Homer was very underrated at Miami, in 2018 he hit more runs over 30 yards that season than duke Johnson did in his last 2 years at Miami which is crazy to think about.

Homer was a big homerun hitter - you didn't have too wait very long for him to hit a big one. My point remains that Cam's runs aren't as big or as often than Homer. Hopefully Cam can hit more this year.

210 will interesting to see if Cam can carry it. I think that's pushing the point where he becomes too bulky and it becomes a detriment. We'll see how it looks in these scrimmages coming up. Duke bulked up his Junior year to become more durable, which worked, but he sacrificed some speed doing it. But Duke was still the most explosive.

50+ yd runs in their careers:

9 - Duke Johnson
10 - Homer, DeeJay, Walton & Cam combined.

Duke was just a different level than those guys.

A lot of times the starter and who gets more carries sort of defaults to the older RB, even when he isn't the more talented RB.

2010 - Damien Berry got more carries as a Senior than Lamar Miller did as a RS Fr - even though Miller was much better that year.
2012 - Mike James got more carries as a Senior than Duke Johnson did as a Fr - even though Duke was much better that year.

And this happens everywhere.

Alabama for instance - the most talented RB hasn't been getting the most carries about 50% of the time since Saban's been there.

True.

However, it is not every year we get the best RB from Dade County AND the best RB from Broward County in the same class.
So this could be the year. You never know.
You know who else was the top RB from Dade coming out of HS?
A lot of times the starter and who gets more carries sort of defaults to the older RB, even when he isn't the more talented RB.

2010 - Damien Berry got more carries as a Senior than Lamar Miller did as a RS Fr - even though Miller was much better that year.
2012 - Mike James got more carries as a Senior than Duke Johnson did as a Fr - even though Duke was much better that year.

And this happens everywhere.

Alabama for instance - the most talented RB hasn't been getting the most carries about 50% of the time since Saban's been there.
It's for an obvious reason for the most part. It takes more than carrying the rock to be a starter. Defenses have to respect the fact that you are in the game for more than taking hand offs.

****, Barry Sanders was more talented of a RB than Thurman Thomas, but Thomas was better in other areas than Sanders was.

I'm not saying that just because he has been here he should start, but i also don't see him as a Patchan that would be stealing reps.

I'm pretty sure the guy knows he can't sit back and just think the job is his and he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. He's been fighting the noise ever since HS. When people said he couldn't even beat an underclassman. Yet when the lights were on and his number was called. He did what was expected vs the best.

I would suspect that if things go offensively like they should and he stays healthy. He will easily surpass a grand on the ground and be effective in the pass game.

You know who else was the top RB from Dade coming out of HS?

It's for an obvious reason for the most part. It takes more than carrying the rock to be a starter. Defenses have to respect the fact that you are in the game for more than taking hand offs.

****, Barry Sanders was more talented of a RB than Thurman Thomas, but Thomas was better in other areas than Sanders was.

I'm not saying that just because he has been here he should start, but i also don't see him as a Patchan that would be stealing reps.

I'm pretty sure the guy knows he can't sit back and just think the job is his and he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. He's been fighting the noise ever since HS. When people said he couldn't even beat an underclassman. Yet when the lights were on and his number was called. He did what was expected vs the best.

I would suspect that if things go offensively like they should and he stays healthy. He will easily surpass a grand on the ground and be effective in the pass game.

Comparing 2 HOF RB's is a little different. But even so, Thurman Thomas averaged .7 ypc more than Sanders when they were in the same backfield.

Miller averaged 1.3 ypc more than Berry and Duke averaged 2.6 ypc more than Mike James. The gap in my examples were much bigger. What did the defenses have to respect with Berry/James more than they did with Miller/Duke?

Cam wasn't the top rated Dade RB in his class and wasn't rated as high as Chaney or Knighton. It's close, but different levels.

We just see Cam's talent level differently is all. I can see Cam getting the most carries, but I don't see him holding off Chaney/Knighton, who I think are more talented, to the point of getting the bulk of the carries enough to easily clear 1,000 yds. But while I don't think it's likely - I do think it's definitely possible. Kam Pettaway got more carries than Kerryon Johnson and played better than him when Lashlee was at Auburn - so there is precedent.

Advertisement
Homer is a legit NFL RB on a good NFL team.

That should give you an idea of how underrated he was here. He was very underrated.

Homer was underrated because solid power backs tend to be underrated. Homer was a threat in the pass game, was solid in pass pro and was a guy that played special teams at a high level. You don't find guys like TH on a regular basis, he is just a FILTHY football player. He's the kind of guy that you want on your team.

Honestly, if they'd have used Homer more, they beat Green Bay. The Packers completely ignored him in the pass game.

Homer was underrated because solid power backs tend to be underrated. Homer was a threat in the pass game, was solid in pass pro and was a guy that played special teams at a high level. You don't find guys like TH on a regular basis, he is just a FILTHY football player. He's the kind of guy that you want on your team.

I think one skill that he has that we’ve all seen, is his ability to quickly find a hole that’s going to allow him to break for a long run. I mean those holes don’t come open very often, but if they did, he rarely missed the opportunity. In 2017/2028, he broke several long runs for touchdowns.

Don't sleep on him in the NFL... in limited duty he averaged over 6 yards a carry last year

I think one skill that he has that we’ve all seen, is his ability to quickly find a hole that’s going to allow him to break for a long run. I mean those holes don’t come open very often, but if they did, he rarely missed the opportunity. In 2017/2028, he broke several long runs for touchdowns.

Don't sleep on him in the NFL... in limited duty he averaged over 6 yards a carry last year

I love guys that run angry. Travis ran ****ed, he finished runs like a ****. I never saw him get outhit by a defender. That's going to be a valuable weapon in the NFL.

Advertisement
I like his “gym” work ethic. I’m just not a fan of his vision, his game day lazy feet, and his inability to use any type of stiff arm when he’s in the open field.

He’s too big to run so soft - at times. He was tackled entirely too many times in 2019 by defenders that were tied up with blocks at the 2nd and 3rd Level. Gotta win those battles.

I need him to put out (at least) a 2000 James Jackson type season this year - effort wise. James ran HARD. Wasn’t the fastest. But, defenders remembered him after every encounter.
1000% agree.. that is why I don't see him being a NFL back. Goes down entirely too easily for someone with his frame.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200702-001203_Twitter.jpg

This was from a few months ago... Cam Harris has got to be like 220LBs now. Dude is built like a Linebacker

THAT MAY BE TOO BIG FOR HIM. HE NEEDS FLEXIBILITY. HE BEGAN TO TIGHTEN AND SHORTEN HIS STRIDE ON LONG RUNS LAST YEAR.
No he did not, go rewatch his long runs his strides is the same. Did you forget he had 2 long TDs call back last season, if he had tighten up he wouldn have even been able to do that.

Advertisement
Back