Cam'Ron Harris

Advertisement
#3 back? Man whatever lol.. Cam needs to be used more in the passing game, he has excellent receiver skills yet no one would know it the way we use him

I said "in a perfect world" Cam would be our #3

Lingard - 5 Star #25 overall player in 2018
Chaney - 4 Star #30 overall player in 2020

Ideally - Lingard never gets hurt, or came back this year, plays up to his talent/ranking - and is our #1 or #2 RB this year. Cam is our #3 this year
Ideally - Chaney plays up to his talent/ranking off the bat - and would be our #2 RB next year behind Lingard. Cam would be our #3 next year
Ideally - Deejay comes back for his Senior year - even though I 100% think he should and will go pro. Cam would then be our #4 next year

In reality - Deejay goes pro, Lingard transfers, Chaney isn't ready yet. Cam starts.

I said "in a perfect world" Cam would be our #3

Lingard - 5 Star #25 overall player in 2018
Chaney - 4 Star #30 overall player in 2020

Ideally - Lingard never gets hurt, or came back this year, plays up to his talent/ranking - and is our #1 or #2 RB this year. Cam is our #3 this year
Ideally - Chaney plays up to his talent/ranking off the bat - and would be our #2 RB next year behind Lingard. Cam would be our #3 next year
Ideally - Deejay comes back for his Senior year - even though I 100% think he should and will go pro. Cam would then be our #4 next year

In reality - Deejay goes pro, Lingard transfers, Chaney isn't ready yet. Cam starts.

This is completely ridiculous by all measure. Players ability is not defined by a **** recruiting ranking. Actual performance actually does matter. You know the real life part and not the fantasy part.

Advertisement
They really didn’t...one was a absolute phantom call and the other was on the other side of field after he broke..

But they really did

UF - 2 different Miami players got called for holding on his 50 yd run. Brevin Jordan literally tackled the DE on the side of the play, and Jeff Thomas, who Cam ran right past, was holding the CB.

UNC - I can't say if it was a bs call or not - but it still counted as an 11 yard run for Cam, so it wasn't like it was wiped out completely.

They really didn’t...one was a absolute phantom call and the other was on the other side of field after he broke..

Come on man, there was two holds on the play against Florida, Brevin tckled the DE & then holding against Jeff Thomas on the CB (which was declined) both directly impacted the play. The other was on Scaife (I believe) who completely turned the defender around.

Advertisement
This is completely ridiculous by all measure. Players ability is not defined by a **** recruiting ranking. Actual performance actually does matter. You know the real life part and not the fantasy part.

I'm talking about the best case scenario, not the actual reality.

100% agree rankings aren't exactly who a player is. I'm saying ideally - the recruits we think are going to be difference makers, actually are.

Look at WR - Ahmon Richards gets hurt, and Jeff Thomas/Mark Pope haven't been the difference makers we hoped for. As a result, a transfer from Buffalo is our #1 WR. KJ has been really good, I'm glad we have him, but him being our #1 WR is not the "ideal" situation.

Come on man, there was two holds on the play against Florida, Brevin tckled the DE & then holding against Jeff Thomas on the CB (which was declined) both directly impacted the play. The other was on Scaife (I believe) who completely turned the defender around.
Scaife did not completely turn his defender around but he DID pancake him

Advertisement
I think Cam can do some damage. I do feel he struggles in traffic, whereas Dallas gets small and can flip his hips more effectively. Dallas reminding me more and more of the all-time great Miami RBs, almost never having negative yard plays, and always squeezing out an extra yard or two through sheer effort. Cam is the homerun threat if he gets some momentum going, he just needs better blocking to show those skills.

Personally, I think Chaney is "that guy". And I'd still like to see Lo and Burns in some game time action. We have some quality backs on this team right now.

Advertisement
He had some huge runs in our bad games - I got to see him in the State Semi-Final game in 2016 over here in Punta Gorda, he was good. He does bounce outside, but gets results doing it. I love having him in their blocking and complimenting the offense. As this O-line continues to improve, he will start to eat.

You guys act like the two holding calls didn't help spring Cam for those two long runs. LOL, let it go already.

Wish those refs eyes were that good when Toney broke loose against Florida.

Brevin’s hold didn’t affect the play much. Just gave them an excuse to burn us.

I cant front when we signed him I didn't know that much about his game. I watched his highlights and they were cool but his college game is sick. Everytime he gets the ball I'm thinking big play coming. He runs so smooth. To me he is underrated in the appreciation column. With DeeJay being solid we dont get to see Harris as much but **** I like his game. Keep in mind this guy has had so many bug runs called back because of penalty too.
He does seem like Big Play Harris should be his nickname.

Advertisement
Back