Cam Harris

I’m sure that I’ve missed recent posts of yours but last week you pushed back when I said you were off the wagon and inflaming the Cane haters. But considering you just said that we suck, I’m assuming you are now embracing the being off the wagon and inflaming the posters that hate the Canes thing?

And just so I can have some context about this 5-1 team that you’re dogging, how many teams in the country do you think don’t suck?
Why are you so obsessed with policing critical thought? I'm neither off nor on any bandwagon aside from this university that I love. If someone's playing or coaching like ****, I will comment on it. I'm not here to cheerlead. I'm here to discuss UM football.

I'm a UM fan, not a Cam fan or a Manny fan or a fan of any particular individual. My allegiance is to UM and the standard that I believe we should be playing at.

Advertisement
Lol Cam is CLEARLY an average player (solid-good at best).

Barring injury, Cam will play on Sundays. That's not an average player. He's not an elite player because he's a little stiff and takes too many negative runs. But he's highly explosive, he can catch and he's tough. Most teams don't have a player like that.

Yes, 50+ yard runs make you good. There's a reason teams devoted so many resources to stopping Cam after the first two games.

Cam is flawed and takes too many negative runs, but anybody who thinks he is a below-average or even an average player doesn't watch enough CFB.

Definitely above average compared to the rest of CFB.

But only average compared to ACC RB's this year, and Miami starting RB's from the last 10-15 years.

It's unlikely Cam will even make 3rd team All-ACC this year. He's currently the #14 leading rusher in the ACC.

Last edited:
Bad three game stretch and again. He is acting selfish. LMAO I've never played anything at this level. keep the assumptions to a minimum, your *** is showing.
My bad. You’re a fanboy. You’ll be his biggest fan after his next big run. I bet you thought Chaney sucked after the first two games too. Who’s your “favorite” today, until the next game... 😭

Advertisement
So, we've played 6 games, and he's been horrible in half of them. Yet the S FL commandoes are in here telling us how great he is and that the fans are too hard on him for a brief slump.

If you've been that awful in half the team's games, then it's on you to be better and shut the fck up. He should be very grateful he's still the 1st team RB averaging 1 yard per carry over the last 3 games.
Look at wtf he’s running behind

Cam needs to grind and try to reclaim the #1 rb spot at UM, else move on and accept that competition took his job. Chaney super talented, Rooster super talented, Burns is nice. I'm hoping these guys can get the ground game going period.

Advertisement
Definitely above average compared to the rest of CFB.

But only average compared to ACC RB's this year, and Miami starting RB's from the last 10-15 years.

It's unlikely Cam will even make 3rd team All-ACC this year. He's currently the #14 leading rusher in the ACC.
The number 14 rusher in a 14 team conference is above-average?

Advertisement
Maybe he's frustrated because this is supposed to be his money year, and he's seeing his potential contract shrink because of his so-so numbers this year.

The OL is horrible at run blocking, there is no doubt. There were a couple of running plays that the OL was frankly embarrassing. That said, I think Cam didn’t trust his coaching and what he is being taught. As several of you have said, Cam bounces too many runs outside when the play and DL alignment aren’t designed for it. So runs where he can pick up 3-4 yards gained become 2-3 yard losses, and the offense gets behind the sticks and behind schedule. IMHO, Lashlee’s offense is based on those inside zone runs and outside zone runs of 3-4 yards to set up so much success in the passing game, with RPOs, with QB keepers, reverses and the big plays.

When Cam tries to hit a homerun on every carry, he Is not only hurting his draft stock, he hurts the entire offense. The Canes need Cam’Ron to play up to his potential, and they can be a more dynamic offense. Hickson, Lashlee or one of Cam’s relatives need to show Cam why he is taught to run it a certain way, and then Cam has to adjust and trust his coaching. If Cam does listen to his coaching more, both he and the offense will have greater success.

Last edited:
Cam is playing bad and he’s frustrated. He’s a tough kid and hard worker. He’ll be fine.

And while I agree the freshmen backs are more talented and will be better players, here are the numbers thus far:

Cam Harris- 346 yards, 5.2 ypc, 5 TDs
Don Chaney- 167 yards, 4.4 ypc, 3 TDs
Jaylan Knighton- 158 yards, 4.2 ypc, 1 TD

This board tends to overreact when a veteran has a couple bad games. Half of our NFL players have been called “average” on here. Shaq is the latest example, and now everybody misses him.

Cam is a competitor. I suspect he will come back better from the bye.
yeah him going on twitter was weak. no way to go around it. unnecessary attention when you're trying to improve

Advertisement
The OL is horrible at run blocking, there is no doubt. There were a couple of running plays that the OL was frankly embarrassing. That said, I think Cam didn’t trust his coaching and what he is being taught. As several of you have said, Cam bounces too many runs outside when the play and DL alignment aren’t designed for it. So runs where he can pick up 3-4 yards gained become 2-3 yard losses, and the offense gets behind the sticks and behind schedule. IMHO, Lashlee’s offense is based on those inside zone runs and outside zone runs of 3-4 yards to set up so much success in the passing game, with RPOs, with QB keepers, reverses and the big plays.

When Cam tries to hit a homerun on every carry, he Is not only hurting his draft stock, he hurts the entire offense. The Canes need Cam’Ron to play up to his potential, and they can be a more dynamic offense. Hickson, Lashlee or one of Cam’s relatives need to show Cam why he is taught to run it a certain way, and then Cam has to adjust and trust his coaching. If Cam does listen to his coaching more, both he and the offense will have greater success.
thats the same thing Manny complained about Chaney and Knigthon doing in the scrimmages. trying to bounce every run for a big gain

Barring injury, Cam will play on Sundays. That's not an average player. He's not an elite player because he's a little stiff and takes too many negative runs. But he's highly explosive, he can catch and he's tough. Most teams don't have a player like that.
So you're saying he's good based on his future potential. It's pretty clear that what your saying is what he has actually done here is nothing more than average at best, but since he has athletic talent and has big plays and is tough he could be a guy that is actually good if he reduces his negative plays. Maybe that happens. But from what he has actually produced, can you honestly say he's been actually good for us? If you think so then I think you have really low expectations of a Miami RB. And you say he's tough but dude seems pretty mentally weak to me. This is multiple times now he's been kinda a ***** on Twitter...

Cam doesn't have the wiggle or vision that Chaney has

He's had alot more carries and a few huge runs on defensive breakdowns which have padded his stats over the two freshman

Overall Chaney and Rooster should be playing more and have looked better than Cam in their opportunities

Advertisement
Back