Cam Harris

If true and accurate, fantastic! Some of these cats think they deserve to start or play bulk minutes because they have experience. That's loser mentality. Go out and earn it every week...

We need more coaches like Hickson if this is what happened.
We need a HEADCOACH like this if this is what happened.Manure is too worried about being buddies with these kids instead of gaining their respect t by being a good coach.

Advertisement
Cam doesn't have the wiggle or vision that Chaney has

He's had alot more carries and a few huge runs on defensive breakdowns which have padded his stats over the two freshman

Overall Chaney and Rooster should be playing more and have looked better than Cam in their opportunities
Man idk what you watching. Cam looks much better right now. If your talking potential, then ya I agree but your telling me right now they looked better then Cam ? Come on now.!

LOL imagine thinking Cam Harris is the reason Cam Harris isn't gaining yards.

Wake me up when Cam averages 2 YPC and other backs average 7. I'll be sleeping for a long time.

You may need to adjust your alarm clock's settings, but the recent stats actually warrant consideration.

In the last 4 games, Chaney has 104 yards on 23 carries (4.52 ypc). Against those same 4 teams, behind that same ****** oline, Cam has 78 yards on 40 carries (1.95 ypc). So Cam's a tad over 2.5 ypc behind a TF RB the last 4 games.

He's always been an average P5 RB. But to play like garbage and run in slow motion with no toughness then whine about being disrespected is why we suck. Too many guys too in touch with their feelings and a HC who fosters that nonsense. He's playing like ****. Play better, and shut up.
How does he foster it if the next guys up got the carries and produced?

Barring injury, Cam will play on Sundays. That's not an average player. He's not an elite player because he's a little stiff and takes too many negative runs. But he's highly explosive, he can catch and he's tough. Most teams don't have a player like that.
also he's a one cut downhill guy ... the struggles our line has had the past few games hasn't done him any favors

Advertisement
Barring injury, Cam will play on Sundays. That's not an average player. He's not an elite player because he's a little stiff and takes too many negative runs. But he's highly explosive, he can catch and he's tough. Most teams don't have a player like that.
Play on Sunday like actually start and make an impact at that level or just be on the team? Cam isn't better than Homer or Dallas and neither one of them look like they will be anything but a utility player in the league. We keep talking about all this NFL talent we have but our guys aren't All-Pros, they aren't Pro Bowlers, they aren't difference makers in the league. Our best current player is Calais and it's been over a decade since he was drafted. This mindset is why we continue to lose our Juniors every year so they can go be late round picks or undrafted just because they were told how they "play on Sundays".

Play on Sunday like actually start and make an impact at that level or just be on the team? Cam isn't better than Homer or Dallas and neither one of them look like they will be anything but a utility player in the league.

He will probably be an average NFL player. But that’s a different level than the average college player.

You may need to adjust your alarm clock's settings, but the recent stats actually warrant consideration.

In the last 4 games, Chaney has 104 yards on 23 carries (4.52 ypc). Against those same 4 teams, behind that same ****** oline, Cam has 78 yards on 40 carries (1.95 ypc). So Cam's a tad over 2.5 ypc behind a TF RB the last 4 games.

Watch the games.

Advertisement
Play on Sunday like actually start and make an impact at that level or just be on the team? Cam isn't better than Homer or Dallas and neither one of them look like they will be anything but a utility player in the league. We keep talking about all this NFL talent we have but our guys aren't All-Pros, they aren't Pro Bowlers, they aren't difference makers in the league. Our best current player is Calais and it's been over a decade since he was drafted. This mindset is why we continue to lose our Juniors every year so they can go be late round picks or undrafted just because they were told how they "play on Sundays".

This is 100% accurate. There have been so many better RBs in college than Cam over the last 10 years and most of them don’t last in the NFL. Homer and Deejay are both light years better than Cam and they barely sniff the field. I guess the definition of “average NFL player” is worse than both of those guys are doing.

1)The OL is terrible; and

2) Cam has done nothing to help himself, particularly vs. UVag; and

3) We need better play calling to help the run game; and

4) Chaney is our best back under these circumstances.

All can be true.
Watching the film Cam isn't seeing the field well, but there's also something execution-wise or schematically that isn't being addressed by Lashlee. When we run RPO defenses are selling out to flood the box--which isn't a surprise after Clemson, but we aren't taking advantage of the soft coverage outside with hitch routes or out patterns. You can see when King makes the mesh, we have the defense out-leveraged (even before in manny cases) in the passing game but don't seem to make them pay with any regularity; it's a mesh-point & spacing problem where we're letting opponents off the hook by not creating enough conflict for the defense. We essentially allow them to cover both plays at once and go for the bigger pass with WRs that haven't consistently created separation or don't compete well for the ball.

In essence, Lashlee isn't helping the WRs or QBs to make easy completions; especially on first down. King should be throwing short hitches and outs (as DBs bail when we have the most separation) a little more with the RPO off split and 3-wide looks, instead of these longer WR screens from the bunch set, stack or trips (which kinda give it away). If King, who also needs better eye discipline, completed short hitches with a little RAC by WRs teams would have to respect that short pass (which would be an extension of our running game) and couldn't sell out on the run the way I see them doing.

Lashlee should use the bunches, stacks and trips as decoys in RPO with King faking the throw and then handing off or going up the seam. He needs to use the defense's over-aggressive style to keep them honest, early on, instead of playing into it for long stretches of the game to scheme up a big play that we may or may not make.

Advertisement
Watching the film Cam isn't seeing the field well, but there's also something execution-wise or schematically that isn't being addressed by Lashlee. When we run RPO defenses are selling out to flood the box--which isn't a surprise after Clemson, but we aren't taking advantage of the soft coverage outside with hitch routes or out patterns. You can see when King makes the mesh, we have the defense out-leveraged (even before in manny cases) in the passing game but don't seem to make them pay with any regularity; it's a mesh-point & spacing problem where we're letting opponents off the hook by not creating enough conflict for the defense. We essentially allow them to cover both plays at once and go for the bigger pass with WRs that haven't consistently created separation or don't compete well for the ball.

In essence, Lashlee isn't helping the WRs or QBs to make easy completions; especially on first down. King should be throwing short hitches and outs (as DBs bail when we have the most separation) a little more with the RPO off split and 3-wide looks, instead of these longer WR screens from the bunch set, stack or trips (which kinda give it away). If King, who also needs better eye discipline, completed short hitches with a little RAC by WRs teams would have to respect that short pass (which would be an extension of our running game) and couldn't sell out on the run the way I see them doing.

Lashlee should use the bunches, stacks and trips as decoys in RPO with King faking the throw and then handing off or going up the seam. He needs to use the defense's over-aggressive style to keep them honest, early on, instead of playing into it for long stretches of the game to scheme up a big play that we may or may not make.
I don't disagree with any of that.

This is 100% accurate. There have been so many better RBs in college than Cam over the last 10 years and most of them don’t last in the NFL. Homer and Deejay are both light years better than Cam and they barely sniff the field. I guess the definition of “average NFL player” is worse than both of those guys are doing.

I'd put our NFL RB's into 4 Tiers

Tier 1 - Edge/McGahee/Portis/Gore - Pro Bowl NFL talents
Tier 2 - Miller/Duke - NFL Starter talents. #1's or a heavily involved #2 in a timeshare
Tier 3 - Homer/DeeJay - #3 RB types that are good enough to get some touches each game even on good teams with strong depth charts
Tier 4 - Cam/Walton/Berry/Mike & Javarris James - #4 or practice squad types. Good RB's, but need some luck with injuries/depth charts to get PT

I'd be happy if we got a Tier 1 every 15 years. Tier 2 we should get every 6-8 years. Tier 3 are good in the gap years when we don't have a Tier 2. Tier 4 are solid, but a little disappointing when they're our starter.

Advertisement
I can’t tell if it’s him or our O line honestly

if you told me back in 2014 that Gus Edwards would have a more productive NFL career than Duke Johnson i would’ve called you crcrazy.
Not trying to start an argument inside of an argument, but that's not really accurate. Gus has been the more productive rusher certainly, he has almost as many career rushing yards as Duke with three fewer seasons under his belt. But, Duke has over 2,500 yards receiving for his career. Gus has 65.

Duke was never going to be the type of back to get 10-20 carries a game, his strength in the league is catching the ball out of the backfield and using his speed and agility. He was also stuck in Cleveland for four years which didn't do him any favors, but he still managed to be productive.

Gus has been a pleasant surprise and fell into an ideal situation in Baltimore. I'm happy for him, and he's even repped the U on some prime time games that I've seen even though he finished his college ball at Rutgers. Curious to see if the Ravens bring him back next year. They drafted Dobbins and he's the future. Ingram is already 30, and has another year left on his contract. Gus signed a 1-year deal this season.

Anyway, I think Cam can have a similar career in the League. He'll never be RB1 unless a few guys in front of him go down, but he can latch on somewhere, play special teams and take advantage of what carries he gets.

Cam is playing bad and he’s frustrated. He’s a tough kid and hard worker. He’ll be fine.

And while I agree the freshmen backs are more talented and will be better players, here are the numbers thus far:

Cam Harris- 346 yards, 5.2 ypc, 5 TDs
Don Chaney- 167 yards, 4.4 ypc, 3 TDs
Jaylan Knighton- 158 yards, 4.2 ypc, 1 TD

This board tends to overreact when a veteran has a couple bad games. Half of our NFL players have been called “average” on here. Shaq is the latest example, and now everybody misses him.

Cam is a competitor. I suspect he will come back better from the bye.
I think it’s perfectly understandable for fans to be frustrated seeing a talented future NFL back struggle in games and lose carries as the season goes on. ****, Harris is frustrated. That being said, it’s not all on him, imo. I think he will be fine.

Advertisement
Back