Cam Harris

It’s really as simple as that. Idk what the argument is. He wouldn’t be the best back on a couple teams we’re better than
Also, very few RBs are true standouts in college. Their HS film is eye-popping because they are WAY BETTER ATHLETES than the future plumbers, mailmen, and taxi drivers they are going against.

By college, most are run-of-the-mill.

In the pros, even players who stand out for a couple of years are usually washed quickly. RBs are incredibly fungible.

Advertisement
STAY FOCUS CAM, get with OL guys and practice harder.. CAM IS A BEAST, he's just needs to put it behind him and start over.. When you get the ball run it hard and make something out of it, we can't AFFORD our local Miami player's to be unhappy, this can hurt recruiting, REMEMBER he's from Miami and with the local studs we don't need current player's bad talking the program for any reason!! CAM TURN IT AROUND, make it pop!!

It’s nice to be able to have options for the guy not getting it done. Like when rosier sucked in 2017 at the end of the season and sheriffs was even worse somehow

Not trying to start an argument inside of an argument, but that's not really accurate. Gus has been the more productive rusher certainly, he has almost as many career rushing yards as Duke with three fewer seasons under his belt. But, Duke has over 2,500 yards receiving for his career. Gus has 65.

Duke was never going to be the type of back to get 10-20 carries a game, his strength in the league is catching the ball out of the backfield and using his speed and agility. He was also stuck in Cleveland for four years which didn't do him any favors, but he still managed to be productive.

Gus has been a pleasant surprise and fell into an ideal situation in Baltimore. I'm happy for him, and he's even repped the U on some prime time games that I've seen even though he finished his college ball at Rutgers. Curious to see if the Ravens bring him back next year. They drafted Dobbins and he's the future. Ingram is already 30, and has another year left on his contract. Gus signed a 1-year deal this season.

Anyway, I think Cam can have a similar career in the League. He'll never be RB1 unless a few guys in front of him go down, but he can latch on somewhere, play special teams and take advantage of what carries he gets.

back in my day, a running back was judged on how productive they were RUNNING the football. But that’s just me though.

you gonna look at catches you might as well become a receiver

Advertisement
back in my day, a running back was judged on how productive they were RUNNING the football. But that’s just me though.

you gonna look at catches you might as well become a receiver
U played before the west coast offense was dominant?

Advertisement
If you can name more than 3 backs in the same conference you would take before him, he’s average. I’m not saying he’s bad but he's not a world beater. You would take both UNC backs, Louisville’s backs, Clemson’s back, and quite possibly GT’s freshman back before cam.
I'd also take both of our freshman before him lol.

If you can name more than 3 backs in the same conference you would take before him, he’s average. I’m not saying he’s bad but he's not a world beater. You would take both UNC backs, Louisville’s backs, Clemson’s back, and quite possibly GT’s freshman back before cam.
And Herbert from VT and our 2 freshmans.

Here is an interesting post on ITU about the Canes OL performance in comparison to 15 ACC teams:

According to Pro Football Focus, the Hurricanes grade out as the seventh best pass blocking line in the ACC. The run blocking grade, however, checks in as the 13th best in the ACC at the mid point of the season.

Cam bears some responsibility for not following his OZ/IZ principles he is being coached, but this pathetic run blocking has to get better.

Advertisement
The entire backfield has been trash for 3 games now. It’s not like Cam is averaging 2 a clip while one of the young kids is averaging 6. Yes, Chaney has been more productive the last 2 weeks but the whole run game is broken. It’s not a Cam problem.
If one guy is averaging 1 ypc, and the other is near 4 ypc, I think the latter is doing significantly better. But that's just me. It's OK to acknowledge that our OL is struggling in the run game and Cam has been horrible the last 3 games.

If one guy is averaging 1 ypc, and the other is near 4 ypc, I think the latter is doing significantly better. But that's just me. It's OK to acknowledge that our OL is struggling in the run game and Cam has been horrible the last 3 games.

All I'm saying is I don't place the majority of the blame at Cam's feet. And for the record, I think that Chaney and Knighton both have higher ceilings than Cam does. So it's not like I think he's some elite NFL talent who can't be criticized. He's not getting the job done. But all you have to do is watch the games to see that none of the backs are getting much help. I'll try to dig up some yards before contact data, I'll bet it's abysmal.

All I'm saying is I don't place the majority of the blame at Cam's feet. And for the record, I think that Chaney and Knighton both have higher ceilings than Cam does. So it's not like I think he's some elite NFL talent who can't be criticized. He's not getting the job done. But all you have to do is watch the games to see that none of the backs are getting much help. I'll try to dig up some yards before contact data, I'll bet it's abysmal.
I don't care if the yards are coming before or after contact. Chaney is picking up more yards and running the football more successfully than Cam. It should be a merit game. If my starting RB is gaining 1 ypc for the last 3 games, I'm going to make a move, especially when the backups are clearly outplaying him behind the same OL.

Advertisement
Could’ve had Chris Curry. A lot of us wanted to offer him but noooooppppppppeeeeee! Gotta take the Carol City superstar.

I don't care if the yards are coming before or after contact. Chaney is picking up more yards and running the football more successfully than Cam. It should be a merit game. If my starting RB is gaining 1 ypc for the last 3 games, I'm going to make a move, especially when the backups are clearly outplaying him behind the same OL.

So if I put Back A in the game, and the DT knocks the Guard's **** in the dirt at the snap and buries my back in the backfield, and then on the next play I put Back B in the game and the line blows a hole open wider than Kenneth of NYSOM's **** chute and the back runs untouched 75 yards for a TD, Back B deserves to play over Back A?

I know I'm being a pain in the *** and that's a ridiculous example, but all I'm trying to say is looking at numbers doesn't ALWAYS tell the story. I would be all for Chaney getting more burn, he's run the ball tough and I think all of us have really high hopes for him. But this board is the most ridiculous place on the internet, and you know as well as I do that the guy on the bench is always better than the starter on this board, at every position, every year. I watch every play of every game multiple times, as I know you do as well, and I'm just telling you that in a lot of cases Cam has absolutely no chance to do anything when he gets the ball. If you're not producing, then sure as **** I'm all for the next guy getting increased chances. I just want the mouth-breathers here to understand that it's not like Cam Harris is trash. He hasn't gotten nearly as much help as Chaney has the last 2 games, for whatever reason. The calls generally are being blocked better for Chaney, again for reasons I can't explain. But it's not because Chaney is the clearly superior back at this point, IMO.

Also, Cam has gotten 20 carries the last 2 games. Chaney has gotten 15. So it's not like this is some 90/10 split and we all need to see the younger kid. The reps have been pretty even the last 2 weeks.

So if I put Back A in the game, and the DT knocks the Guard's **** in the dirt at the snap and buries my back in the backfield, and then on the next play I put Back B in the game and the line blows a hole open wider than Kenneth of NYSOM's **** chute and the back runs untouched 75 yards for a TD, Back B deserves to play over Back A?

I know I'm being a pain in the *** and that's a ridiculous example, but all I'm trying to say is looking at numbers doesn't ALWAYS tell the story. I would be all for Chaney getting more burn, he's run the ball tough and I think all of us have really high hopes for him. But this board is the most ridiculous place on the internet, and you know as well as I do that the guy on the bench is always better than the starter on this board, at every position, every year. I watch every play of every game multiple times, as I know you do as well, and I'm just telling you that in a lot of cases Cam has absolutely no chance to do anything when he gets the ball. If you're not producing, then sure as **** I'm all for the next guy getting increased chances. I just want the mouth-breathers here to understand that it's not like Cam Harris is trash. He hasn't gotten nearly as much help as Chaney has the last 2 games, for whatever reason. The calls generally are being blocked better for Chaney, again for reasons I can't explain. But it's not because Chaney is the clearly superior back at this point, IMO.
That's why I'm looking at averages over the last 3 games, which is a large sample size, and not 1 play where a G gets blown up and then the next play they open a huge hole for a different back.

Some posters here know a LOT (more than me for sure) but it seems that Cam (and maybe others at times) don't ALWAYS do exactly what the coaches direct: maybe over-simplified but seems that is RB: a-focus on the (hopefully developing) hole or crease, b-bounce outside try to catch them with pants down, c-use your best judgement...

...I have to trust the coaches to know who should do what and when (for optimal results, OL-sucking or not) and if a player doesn't follow along for whatever reason, I respect the staff for cutting his PT. Many here complain coaches are too soft on the guys that don't perform up to par or per spec. If the FOLLOWED directives of the staff don't pan out, they can go coach elsewhere. If players don't abide, sit your *** down respectfully and quietly please.

Advertisement
Back