Cam Harris

Also remember an ALLEGED Incident posted on the board during the ****fest of a season last year....something along the lines Hickson choking out a player and a relative of cam having to come thru with threats (and some heat).

anyone else remember this? This was when everyone was threatening to hit the portal.
I remember, but I can't remember if it was with Cam or Lo, and it may have been two separate incidents.

Advertisement
Cam is playing bad and he’s frustrated. He’s a tough kid and hard worker. He’ll be fine.

And while I agree the freshmen backs are more talented and will be better players, here are the numbers thus far:

Cam Harris- 346 yards, 5.2 ypc, 5 TDs
Don Chaney- 167 yards, 4.4 ypc, 3 TDs
Jaylan Knighton- 158 yards, 4.2 ypc, 1 TD

This board tends to overreact when a veteran has a couple bad games. Half of our NFL players have been called “average” on here. Shaq is the latest example, and now everybody misses him.

Cam is a competitor. I suspect he will come back better from the bye.
And how many runs <3 yards does Cam have? Thats the problem. If you pop one 50 yard run and fourteen 2 yard runs, you average 5.2 ypc. But that doesn't make you good. In fact I'd argue that makes you a below average player, regardless what the YPC number says.

1)The OL is terrible; and

2) Cam has done nothing to help himself, particularly vs. UVag; and

3) We need better play calling to help the run game; and

4) Chaney is our best back under these circumstances.

All can be true.
Chaney is our best back under any circumstances.

Advertisement
The young people we trot out there calling Offensive Lineman are just Offensive. Cam has questionable vision but part of that is Scaife and Clark getting blown off the ball every play. Also we dont have the most innovative run scheme. Young guys have more wiggle but Cam should be the guy until someone takes job away.
Would you ask this oline to pull? I wouldn’t. They can’t handle the simplicity of inside zone, outside zone

Even with a terrible O-Line Chaney is moving forward. You can’t always expect have them best Oline in order for you to be a good RB. Take Dalvin Cook for example. The best RB in the last 10-15 years had one of the worse O-Line all years at FSU.

Advertisement
And how many runs <3 yards does Cam have? Thats the problem. If you pop one 50 yard run and fourteen 2 yard runs, you average 5.2 ypc. But that doesn't make you good. In fact I'd argue that makes you a below average player, regardless what the YPC number says.
Yes, 50+ yard runs make you good. There's a reason teams devoted so many resources to stopping Cam after the first two games.

Cam is flawed and takes too many negative runs, but anybody who thinks he is a below-average or even an average player doesn't watch enough CFB.

Advertisement
In my opinion, we’ve gotta stop pandering to feelings. There is no place for feelings in this game.

Someone is better they take your spot. Good teams always have a dude behind the dude doing everything he can to put him on the bench.

This program lost that “challenge” mindset long ago. In wrestling, you can challenge a guy for the spot and if you win you get it. Meaning every day you have to be your best or you’re second string and second string don’t play in wrestling.

For me, feelings are coming from the leader.
EXACTLY what I've been saying. All these feelings and the freedom to express them so brazenly come from the top. Try that **** on a team with a strong HC, and you wind up either packing or curled up in the dog house.

Culture Chise. I know it’s becoming cliche but real cultures would just laugh at a dude who feels disrespected because HE isn’t playing well. The freshman came in and performed. You either find it within you to get better or just enjoy the show your teammates are putting on. Stop pandering to these entitled kids. Sit em down and let me know if you ain’t got it then you ain’t got it.
That's on the head ball coach. Just like every other aspect of culture.

Advertisement
Yes, 50+ yard runs make you good. There's a reason teams devoted so many resources to stopping Cam after the first two games.

Cam is flawed and takes too many negative runs, but anybody who thinks he is a below-average or even an average player doesn't watch enough CFB.
Lol Cam is CLEARLY an average player (solid-good at best). The amount of negative plays he has simply outweigh his positive plays. It's really that simple. A guy that has 2 big runs a game but in the other 8 drives sucks, just doesn't help the offense as much as you want to say it does. And if you're hurting the offense more than helping on most drives, how does that make you good? If you want to say he has potential, sure. If he plays every game like he did the first 2 this season, I'd definitely consider him good, BUT he doesn't! Over 19 games in his career he simply has not shown the ability to be a top player consistently. IDC what you say, averaging less than 2ypc over the last 4 games is complete garbage. 11/19 of his career games he averages <4ypc. And in some of those games he probably broke a long run at some point too!

Cam is playing bad and he’s frustrated. He’s a tough kid and hard worker. He’ll be fine.

And while I agree the freshmen backs are more talented and will be better players, here are the numbers thus far:

Cam Harris- 346 yards, 5.2 ypc, 5 TDs
Don Chaney- 167 yards, 4.4 ypc, 3 TDs
Jaylan Knighton- 158 yards, 4.2 ypc, 1 TD

This board tends to overreact when a veteran has a couple bad games. Half of our NFL players have been called “average” on here. Shaq is the latest example, and now everybody misses him.

Cam is a competitor. I suspect he will come back better from the bye.
Cam is overreacting to his own struggles. The fans are merely commenting on his overreaction. Fans seem to be a lot more understanding of struggles when they're not accompanied by emotional outbursts that indicate selfishness, which is cancerous.

Honestly, I'm still not certain about him. I feel like I keep saying wait another week.

Actually it's worse. He has 35 rushing yards on 28 carries in the last 3 games.
So, we've played 6 games, and he's been horrible in half of them. Yet the S FL commandoes are in here telling us how great he is and that the fans are too hard on him for a brief slump.

If you've been that awful in half the team's games, then it's on you to be better and shut the fck up. He should be very grateful he's still the 1st team RB averaging 1 yard per carry over the last 3 games.

Advertisement
Back