Brett McMurphy: Michigan and college football returning? Not so fast, says their president

Which proves once again that it’s key to have a national strategy in place to ensure that all states approach this thing based on similar science. Instead, the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him—and has laid everything on states. Which naturally sets the stage for discord and politicization from state to state.

Care to give, concrete, non-partisan examples of this? Last I checked, Dr Fauchi, Dr. Birx, The Surgeon General and others are on the team and giving advice to the executive and appear with him constantly in the past two months. That does not jive with your absolute, unsupported statement "Instead, the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him." This is why a poster like Prinmemo is so averse to the argument; it quickly gets partisan narrative, my team is always right and the other teams leader(s) are always wrong.

As 1luvCane pointed out, we are a federal republic and not a dictatorship, so the states governors will do as they see fit...With a big dose of their political fortunes in the mix because they are politicians first and leaders second. Not a perfect system, but much better than Dear Leader starving the population because their vanity bridge, rocket, palace, Dam, or auto factory went bankrupt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never implied that everything is uniform or that independent variables don’t exist.

But let’s not act like all science is ineffective random guesswork, and all scientists have been wrong wrt covid19.
Fake science. Fake news. Fake everything. We can only trust our supreme leader because everything else is a liberal conspiracy including science.

Care to give, concrete, non-partisan examples of this? Last I checked, Dr Fauchi, Dr. Birx, The Surgeon General and others are on the team and giving advice to the executive and appear with him constatntly in the past two months. That does not jive with your absolute, unsupported statement "Instead, the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him." This is why a poster like Prinmemo is so averse to the argument; it quickly gets partisan narrative, my team is always right and the other teams leader(s) are always wrong.

As 1luvCane pointed out, we are a federal republic and not a dictatorship, so the states governors will do as they see fit...With a big dose of their political fortunes in the mix because they are politicians first and leaders second. Not a perfect system, but much better than Dear Leader starving the population because their vanity bridge, rocket, palace, Dam, or auto factory went bankrupt.

Oh, come on.

They 'appear with him" on stage occasionally (Fauci not so much these days)--often saying very little while Trump gives a stump speech that has sometimes directly contradicted what Birx and Fauci have advised.

This is not a partisan observation--it is truth. The messaging out of the WH has often run counter to the scientific community.

From Trump's early claims that we'd be "down to close to zero" cases in a few days, to his repeated false claims about the availability of testing and his downplaying of the need for more testing, to his pronouncements about hydrochloriquine as being an effective treatment, Trump has often had very public disagreements with the scientific community.

These disagreements have, in and of themselves, politicized how the country views and has dealt with the issue.

Oh, come on.

They 'appear with him" on stage occasionally (Fauci not so much these days)--often saying very little while Trump gives a stump speech that has sometimes directly contradicted what Birx and Fauci have advised.

This is not a partisan observation--it is truth. The messaging out of the WH has often run counter to the scientific community.

From Trump's early claims that we'd be "down to close to zero" cases in a few days, to his repeated false claims about the availability of testing and his downplaying of the need for more testing, to his pronouncements about hydrochloriquine as being an effective treatment, Trump has often had very public disagreements with the scientific community.

These disagreements have, in and of themselves, politicized how the country views and has dealt with the issue.
I never mentioned the President. So you can carry on with your opinions. Whether you accept it or not. Scientists are just learned speculators...

Advertisement
The debate about Whitmer is soooooo tiresome because those most vitriolic about her are almost always non-Michigan residents. The last poll had her Covid response approval rating at 64 favorable/32 unfavorable.

I'm a real conservative that still has a soft spot for federalism over party/president cultism so maybe refrain from worrying about Meeechigan as it's irrelevant anyway as Crazy Jim will still lose to O$U by 40 even if the Wolverines forfeit the season.

Advertisement
Oh, come on.

So you don't have anything concrete where NIH and CDC guidelines, crafted by civil servants, where overuled by 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Don't try to BS me either about after the fact changes, I have experience being in charge of policy and procedures for a federal government entity and know how it works.

In fact, Fauchi the scientist is not exactly prescient:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/flashback-fauci-coronavirus-us-threat-trump/

You have to grow wisdom and not easily rely on absolutes that make you feel better, but blind you to the mosaic of life.

In 1996, the Khobatr Towers were blown up in a terrorist attack killing 19 USAF personnel. Afterwards, the New York Times reported the following:

"Clinton Administration officials admit that they "received a wave of threats against Americans and American installations in Saudi Arabia" in the weeks leading up to the attack, "but failed to prepare adequately for a bomb of the power that killed 19 American military personnel."

Most of the dead were from Eglin AFB. A memorial service was planned short notice to at Eglin for the families of the slain serviceman. President Clinton flew all night from an overseas summit and was there at Eglin AFB for the service and to attend to the families. He wa dog tired, but performing the critical role of Comforter In Chief to them. A remarkable feat of compassion that if repeated today would be derided as granstanding if performed by the current occupant with the reported administration failure to warn the affected commanders. The next year, when I was scanning for a MANPAD launch in a lumbering MC-130 over Bosnia because that same President felt the civil war in Former Yugoslavia was in the "National Interest," my opinion of him was quite different, as it seemed to be a legacy enhancing move, i.e. political considerations were the main reason for our deployment.

With very few exceptions, no one man or women is truly all bad or all good. You must apply critical thinking, examine possible agendas, and most of all, follow Teddy Rosevelt's advice:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

So you don't have anything concrete where NIH and CDC guidelines, crafted by civil servants, where overuled by 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Don't try to BS me either about after the fact changes, I have experience being in charge of policy and procedures for a federal government entity and know how it works.

Way to move the goalposts.

I said "the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him."

I have provided examples that back up my quote. Trump has consistently disavowed the scientific community. This is not up for debate if you simply look at his words versus those of the "experts" he roundly mocks.

I did not say that NIH or CDC guidelines were overruled by the WH. Although, now that you bring it up. https://www.businessinsider.com/whi...-church-reopenings-please-evangelicals-2020-5

I'm not going to waste my time continuing this discussion. Peace out.

I said "the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him."

I have provided examples that back up my quote. Trump has consistently disavowed the scientific community. This is not up for debate if you simply look at his words versus those of the "experts" he roundly mocks.

I did not say that NIH or CDC guidelines were overruled by the WH. Although, now that you bring it up. https://www.businessinsider.com/whi...-church-reopenings-please-evangelicals-2020-5

Fify...

Advertisement
The debate about Whitmer is soooooo tiresome because those most vitriolic about her are almost always non-Michigan residents. The last poll had her Covid response approval rating at 64 favorable/32 unfavorable.

I'm a real conservative that still has a soft spot for federalism over party/president cultism so maybe refrain from worrying about Meeechigan as it's irrelevant anyway as Crazy Jim will still lose to O$U by 40 even if the Wolverines forfeit the season.
I'm glad they got what they voted for....

dog.jpg

Advertisement
Shame them relentlessly.

Cuomo admits 'we all failed' at making coronavirus projections

But...but...but...

Flat earthers have more sense and intelligence 👆👆

So inconvenient when even your lord and savior "Mr. 40,00 ventilators NOW or all the people will DIE! DIE! DIE!" backs away from his hysterics 👇

Last edited:
Shame them relentlessly.

But...but...but...
That should be enough to take anything covid off the table as political cudgels. For everyone.

But as we've seen here, there are too many morons who see cheap points to be scored, where there really are none.

That should be enough to take anything covid off the table as political cudgels. For everyone.

But as we've seen here, there are too many morons who see cheap points to be scored, where there really are none.
They mostly fly invisible jets, stay in fabulous Italian castles (did you know their Healthcare was WORLD CLASS?!), they can't read a data sheet even if it said 1+1=2...

oh never mind..

flat earthers are smarter...and by a very wide margin.

Advertisement
Back