Brett McMurphy: Michigan and college football returning? Not so fast, says their president

This is good news in general about New Jersey. But pro sports will be treated entirely differently than college, as college still relies on the fake notion that the players are students and amateurs. With the fake amateur model, they won't allow college teams to play unless the college students are on campus. Otherwise, it would appear too mercenary and "pro."

I’m not so sure. I completely agree with the fake notion concept, and I think they will continue to have that fake notion. So, I think they get around it, by having at least “some“ students on campus.

I mean in a blast email from Flake that just came in, it says athletes are coming in, or have already come in for summer 1 term. So some athletes are already there, I would think some are football players.

My guess is that most campuses this summer will be a combination of on-campus, and remote students. Same for fall. And I think that’s all we need.

DAF820C4-0881-456B-B8EA-445968288F84.jpeg

Advertisement
To get back on topic here:

If what was one of the hottest spots in the entire United States, New Jersey, is preparing to support professional leagues, I can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be Michigan football in Michigan. I realize it’s college, but if the pros can show a mechanism by which they can play in their league, I don’t see why colleges can’t either.

Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) Tweeted:
UPDATE: Professional sports teams in NJ may return to training and even competition – if their leagues choose to move in that direction. We have been in constant discussions with teams about necessary protocols to protect the health and safety of players, coaches, and personnel.

He significantly overplayed his hand (especially in light of Southern States) and is now trying to save face.

This is good news in general about New Jersey. But pro sports will be treated entirely differently than college, as college still relies on the fake notion that the players are students and amateurs. With the fake amateur model, they won't allow college teams to play unless the college students are on campus. Otherwise, it would appear too mercenary and "pro."
A strong point.

Much at play optics-wise between NCAA and pro sports.

What happens at HS level???

A strong point.

Much at play optics-wise between NCAA and pro sports.

What happens at HS level???
What I'm hearing from ADoM crowd is football is going to be played somehow in the Fall.

NOW, there is great concern Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade won't have a unified policy guaranteeing chaos and irritation for all....

Not to mention students not wanting to pay the equivalent of a new car every term for a bunch of Zoom meetings. It gives more pressure to return to campus.

Advertisement
What I'm hearing from ADoM crowd is football is going to be played somehow in the Fall.

NOW, there is great concern Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade won't have a unified policy guaranteeing chaos and irritation for all....
Last season we had an officials strike that impacted the start of the season. Teams went to Okeechobee to play.

Yep. lol. Everything is now such a conspiracy that public confidence in science (not scientific discussion) is eroding even when institutional issues are not contributing to its erosion.

This is such a laughable oversimplification of the scientific process in general. Peer review and debate is a constant in most such journals with plenty of debates lasting decades of people's careers. People have egos/pride but that has something to do with their pride in their work given usually how much effort and debate and studies (and substantiation) have been put into it. Should they be 'open' (whatever that means) to alternate viewpoints? Of course. But those alternate viewpoints should be treated with the same rigor and preened to the same degree of work in their proof as well. Guys sitting on message boards or park benches blurting out tweets, making opaque conclusions, and screaming about 'context and 'party lines' to water things down in order to prop themselves up is not scientific rigor.

Sure the pharma industry has an interest group in politics. Anyone with power does. But what is this 'focus on practicing medicine and not on healing' you're talking about? Do you mean more preventive medicine efforts and integrating holistic health (nutrition, etc.) into medicine? If so, then that would be at the intersection of public health and medicine. Not sure what medicine and not healing means.

Your reply was such a laughable penetration into reality - it bounced off and hit the floor.

You must live in a very secluded, very small universe. As does the medical community.

The scientific rigor you mention - is a joke. Whatever findings you wish - can be proven using "scientific rigor", and then if you are willing to fund it - the entire opposite can be proven with proper "scientific rigor."

Lots of the tests - are rigged. Rigged toward whoever is funding the findings - and if by chance there are negative results - they'll toss them and keep trying until finally one "test" using proper "scientific rigor" comes up aces.

Your community learns by rote - in turn teaches by rote - and about 50 years behind reality as a minimum.

That's a touch much.

Never discount the pettiness of elected officials.

According to her own logic, by opening the UP for this weekend, she is flooding the area with infected and signed death warrants for all those rural residents.

Right?

She'll try to get it both ways, funny how logis works though.

👆👆👆 As I said, never discount elected officials and their pettiness 👇👇👇

Michigan Gov. Whitmer claims husband's reported boat request was ‘a failed attempt at humor'

FIRST she denied it, SECOND her spox refused to answer the question "we don't trade in rumors", and now THIRD she admits it.

Michigan probably playing ball. Why? Because her poll numbers are cratering. Not because of public safety--only flat earthers and simps fall for that garbage.

Go Canes against facquit Sparty.

Last edited:
To get back on topic here:

If what was one of the hottest spots in the entire United States, New Jersey, is preparing to support professional leagues, I can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be Michigan football in Michigan. I realize it’s college, but if the pros can show a mechanism by which they can play in their league, I don’t see why colleges can’t either.

Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) Tweeted:
UPDATE: Professional sports teams in NJ may return to training and even competition – if their leagues choose to move in that direction. We have been in constant discussions with teams about necessary protocols to protect the health and safety of players, coaches, and personnel.

Just watch the protest and Gov's polling numbers. As approval ratings crash, magically all concerns for "safety" will melt away because the "science'" indicates "re-opening can now occur".

If approvals for shutdowns remain higher, bet your money D Govs will keep a lid on their economies until 4 Nov.

Just watch the polls and we'll see who will open and who will not.

Thankfully SEC and ACC country appears to be more adult like in their decision making.

BIG TELL soon: Does NC Gov cave and allow RNC to take place in Aug? IF Cooper tucks tail, ACC football likely to be open on time.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Yep. lol. Everything is now such a conspiracy that public confidence in science (not scientific discussion) is eroding even when institutional issues are not contributing to its erosion.

This is such a laughable oversimplification of the scientific process in general. Peer review and debate is a constant in most such journals with plenty of debates lasting decades of people's careers. People have egos/pride but that has something to do with their pride in their work given usually how much effort and debate and studies (and substantiation) have been put into it. Should they be 'open' (whatever that means) to alternate viewpoints? Of course. But those alternate viewpoints should be treated with the same rigor and preened to the same degree of work in their proof as well. Guys sitting on message boards or park benches blurting out tweets, making opaque conclusions, and screaming about 'context and 'party lines' to water things down in order to prop themselves up is not scientific rigor.

Sure the pharma industry has an interest group in politics. Anyone with power does. But what is this 'focus on practicing medicine and not on healing' you're talking about? Do you mean more preventive medicine efforts and integrating holistic health (nutrition, etc.) into medicine? If so, then that would be at the intersection of public health and medicine. Not sure what medicine and not healing means.

If you think a vast majority of research isn't pressured by $$$$$$$ or ideology to "prove" and advance a certain world view, you aren't paying attention.

One major example is food. Both below make strong points, but certainly exclude others that are inconvenient.

For 👇

Against 👆

I will say Rogan's program provides a touch or balance to the skewed "findings". With that said, the documentary lays bare very legitimate and accurate "unseen hands" that are borderline poisoning people in their daily lives with sugars (it is in EVERYTHING), bad fats, chemical preservatives, etc.

When you start reading from all sources and making your own informed opinion, no wonder more and more is being questioned because what sheep think is "factual science" is really more a foundation laid upon shifting sands.

Could go on and on with pick and industry.

BIGGEST CONSPIRACY: PI call against Canes giving OSU the natty. Ever wonder why all camera angles of video have gone missing? Huh!!?? Do YOU!!!??

I've said too much, I hear the blackhawks overhead.

Where is my tinfoil!?

Tell my story.

Last edited:
You got a fever? You're mighty grumpy and testy - conspiracy guys?

You must be an irritated.

It's also possible that Michigan doesn't want to play football and get their asses kicked as in years past, AND the coaches contract gets reduced by another year - in coordination with the Deep State plan to alter college football to a semi-pro status - controlled by the Chinese - who don't play football - but they prefer CHinese CHeckers.

You DID see the secret handshake, didn't you? The one finger that swiped slightly to the left? That was a message to the Cabal.
Give the scared fatty a break, being an out of shape diabetic, he's in the high risk group. The type of tubes down your throat covid19 offers are not the kind he prefers.

👆👆👆 As I said, never discount elected officials and their pettiness 👇👇👇

Michigan Gov. Whitmer claims husband's reported boat request was ‘a failed attempt at humor'

FIRST she denied it, SECOND her spox refused to answer the question "we don't trade in rumors", and now THIRD she admits it.

Michigan probably playing ball. Why? Because her poll numbers are cratering. Not because of public safety--only flat earthers and simps fall for that garbage.

Go Canes against facquit Sparty.
Lol. Every scandal was once a conspiracy before it was a true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back