Brett McMurphy: Michigan and college football returning? Not so fast, says their president

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)

Is it possible Michigan doesn’t play but other Big Ten teams do? If Michigan doesn’t go, I would guess Michigan State won’t go, and that would affect our schedule.

Just don’t know why this guy is going a different way, in terms of projecting, than most other major P5 college presidents that have expressed an opinion.

Advertisement

Is it possible Michigan doesn’t play but other Big Ten teams do? If Michigan doesn’t go, I would guess Michigan State won’t go, and that would affect our schedule.

Just don’t know why this guy is going a different way, in terms of projecting, than most other major P5 college presidents that have expressed an opinion.

Probably pressure from their governor. Maybe if Biden selects her as his VP choice things will lighten up. Her sights will be else where.

I think all college presidents share his opinion on students needing to be back on campus for football to work. Otherwise, any degree of amateurism flies out the window. Likewise, everyone also has "some degree of doubt" that there will be a season. Most are just couching their verbiage in more optimistic tones.

MI has an idiot for a governor. She’s constantly moving the goal posts based on emotions and not science. Whether or not her actions are having an affect on the Presidents feelings about a football season is up for debate.
She just extended their lockdown for another two weeks, but opened up the north of the state where her family spends Memorial Day weekend.

It's not impossible that the Michigan president issued that statement to put a little pressure on Whitmer.

Advertisement
I think all college presidents share his opinion on students needing to be back on campus for football to work. Otherwise, any degree of amateurism flies out the window. Likewise, everyone also has "some degree of doubt" that there will be a season. Most are just couching their verbiage in more optimistic tones.

I get the sense there’s more of a positive tone from other presidents, but add to that the fact that many/most P5 schools are actively planning for football players to come on campus in about 4 weeks, I was just surprised by his focus on the downside.

That degree of amateurism flew out the window when they said they need that 4 billion dollar bag (if there was any left who still fell for the okie doke of no money to pay players), start practicing asap.

She just extended their lockdown for another two weeks, but opened up the north of the state where her family spends Memorial Day weekend.

It's not impossible that the Michigan president issued that statement to put a little pressure on Whitmer.
LOL. You conspiracy guys never fail. You're constantly yapping about how certain areas of the country should be able to open sooner than others, and when she opens a part of Michigan much more sparsely populated and affected much less than lower Michigan where all the population is, you fire up the idiotic "she's making decisions based on a Memorial Day BBQ" horse ****.

Crying about politics trickling onto CIS, then bomb a thread with your MAGA-loid red tin foil hat bullshyt.

I get the sense there’s more of a positive tone from other presidents, but add to that the fact that many/most P5 schools are actively planning for football players to come on campus in about 4 weeks, I was just surprised by his focus on the downside.
I don't know the guy, but maybe he's more conservative in his words than other presidents, who seem to be taking a more optimistic approach with what they say to the public. I have a feeling we're going to see football pretty much everywhere unless there's another crazy outbreak.

P.S. Michigan State is in a much more rural area, so there's a chance MSU could open while Michigan doesn't.

Advertisement
I’m not so sure that Michigan state politics will be in play with Michigan’s football final decision, because I just don’t see them going against what most of the rest of P5 teams do in the end.

Unless of course they just don’t want to have OSU put another 50 spot on them.

Seriously though, after thinking about it, I think they go with flow. Does anyone else see the rest, or most of the P5 team playing and Michigan not playing? I just don’t see it. But this is uncharted territory, and I could be wrong

LOL. You conspiracy guys never fail. You're constantly yapping about how certain areas of the country should be able to open sooner than others, and when she opens a part of Michigan much more sparsely populated and affected much less than lower Michigan where all the population is, you fire up the idiotic "she's making decisions based on a Memorial Day BBQ" horse ****.

Crying about politics trickling onto CIS, then bomb a thread with your MAGA-loid red tin foil hat bullshyt.
I’m guessing they all watch the same station

I’m not so sure that Michigan state politics will be in play with Michigan’s football final decision, because I just don’t see them going against what most of the rest of P5 teams do in the end.

Seriously though, after thinking about it, I think they go with flow. Does anyone else see the rest, or most of the P5 team playing and Michigan not playing? I just don’t see it. But this is uncharted territory, and I could be wrong
Statements by university presidents that students would need/have to be back on campus were mostly made before the most recent decisions to allow athletes back on campus next month.
The situation has been very fluid based on a number of factors - flattening the curve, testing, death rate, etc. At this point in time, it’s encouraging that we will see CFB this season. Hopefully, that will remain the case.

I don't know the guy, but maybe he's more conservative in his words than other presidents, who seem to be taking a more optimistic approach with what they say to the public. I have a feeling we're going to see football pretty much everywhere unless there's another crazy outbreak.

P.S. Michigan State is in a much more rural area, so there's a chance MSU could open while Michigan doesn't.

MSU and Michigan’s campuses are only about an hour away from each other. (East) Lansing is a populated area, but not like Ann Arbor, which is still essentially Metro Detroit.

Politics aside, Michigan is one of the most liberal schools in the country and Ann Arbor is one of the most liberal cities. It would say that this has a big affect on how Michigan’s President handles this. But, there is absolutely no way Michigan does not play football this year

Advertisement

A tradition unlike any other- OSU working Michigan Thanksgiving weekend

MSU and Michigan’s campuses are only about an hour away from each other. (East) Lansing is a populated area, but not like Ann Arbor, which is still essentially Metro Detroit.

Politics aside, Michigan is one of the most liberal schools in the country and Ann Arbor is one of the most liberal cities. It would say that this has a big affect on how Michigan’s President handles this. But, there is absolutely no way Michigan does not play football this year
I'm pretty familiar with Michigan, friend. Was what I said wrong? Is MSU more rural than Ann Arbor?

There's nothing I said that was incorrect. I also didn't say she was wrong to open the north. I think she's wrong to keep everything else locked down if the only reason is to prevent a second wave.

You can take that MAGA sht and shove it straight up your fat ***. I am not now, nor have I ever been a Trump supporter. Your false dichotomy of gnawing the peanuts out Whitmer's sht or being a MAGA-loid is dead wrong.

Advertisement

Up North is less densely populated but more importantly, it's where the tourist$ are generated.

The appearance of amateurism will be fully gone once this benefit from your likeness change hits. But these are valid points.

I have no idea how people buy your "come pinga" schtick. First, political runt around here is you. Stick to your drivel and mind your own business. Internet stooge...

Advertisement
Back