Brett McMurphy: Michigan and college football returning? Not so fast, says their president

Advertisement
Back during the recession 11 or so years ago, UMichigan had their chance (State of Michigan broke) to push for a state constitution change and go private:

http://markmaynard.com/2009/11/will-public-universities-begin-going-private/

Instead of foregoing the whopping 8% the state gives them and gaining even more prestige, they got sucked into the same argument UFelony types are always using against FSU, being the state's "Flagship" university (Naval history is full of Admirals transferring their flag to mere tin cans, but I digress). I guess no one told them the University of Pennsylvania is private. Michigan's public universities are supposed to be autonomous entities not bound by all state laws but the state maintains much more control for the pittence it provides and private colleges in Michigan are moving forward:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/bulle...ning-we-have-to-live-we-are-beings-in-motion/

Go back to chasing Big Foot, kook.

You'll never find me chasing a bigfoot. Hunting a bigfoot. Stalking a bigfoot, seeking a bigfoot, or even whistling up a bigfoot. Not even sure what a bigfoot is supposed to be, and for folks who say they believe in bigfoot - a lot of them maybe saw something - and I'm not going to call them liars.

So - as irritable as you appear to be - got sand in the crack of urass and it's what? Raw?

Maybe that sand will also help scrub out the skid marks in your trunks. Good thing/bad thing.

Go take a nap, old man. Go to Amazon and see if you can buy some personality.

MSU and Michigan’s campuses are only about an hour away from each other. (East) Lansing is a populated area, but not like Ann Arbor, which is still essentially Metro Detroit.

Politics aside, Michigan is one of the most liberal schools in the country and Ann Arbor is one of the most liberal cities. It would say that this has a big affect on how Michigan’s President handles this. But, there is absolutely no way Michigan does not play football this year

WTF does political ideology have to do with this?

The best decision is based on science. This whole conservative versus liberal bull**** for everything has to go. ****

Advertisement
As a general thought, having nothing to do with political endorsement of one side or the other, I could see a governor opening up a sparsely populated part or parts of a state while holding off on opening up more densely populated areas. Like NYC could be closed while the Adirondacks are open.

The best decision is based on science. This whole conservative versus liberal bull**** for everything has to go. ****
Yes because the scientists have proven to be so accurate throughout this whole deal...

Advertisement

But theren lies the problem, the science isn't in agreement; different states are doing different things, based on (they say) the science. Ohio, with the very visible Dr. Acton, was one of the first to lock down, but now is pretty much open. Obviously, living arrangements, population density and other factors can affect things, but Ohio neighbors Michigan. Was Ohio's science better? I do know that the Ohio governor's daughter, Alice DeWine, ran for his old prosecutor job in his home county, spent million$, and still lost by a good margin. It would be ignorant to think that Mike DeWine didn't factor his daughter's electoral failure in transitive terms the next time he dealt with Dr. Acton on policy; politicians can't just dump their programming. Whitmer wants to move higher in her party, so believing her decisions are based on science and not put through her own political calculation machine is naive.

You'll never find me chasing a bigfoot. Hunting a bigfoot. Stalking a bigfoot, seeking a bigfoot, or even whistling up a bigfoot. Not even sure what a bigfoot is supposed to be, and for folks who say they believe in bigfoot - a lot of them maybe saw something - and I'm not going to call them liars.

So - as irritable as you appear to be - got sand in the crack of urass and it's what? Raw?

Maybe that sand will also help scrub out the skid marks in your trunks. Good thing/bad thing.

Go take a nap, old man. Go to Amazon and see if you can buy some personality.
Jack Links.

tenor-8.gif

Advertisement
Scientist are just theorists who test their hypothesis to see if its true. Most science is based on theory. Everything is not uniform. Independent variables are common....

I never implied that everything is uniform or that independent variables don’t exist.

But let’s not act like all science is ineffective random guesswork, and all scientists have been wrong wrt covid19.

But theren lies the problem, the science isn't in agreement; different states are doing different things, based on (they say) the science. Ohio, with the very visible Dr. Acton, was one of the first to lock down, but now is pretty much open. Obviously, living arrangements, population density and other factors can affect things, but Ohio neighbors Michigan. Was Ohio's science better? I do know that the Ohio governor's daughter, Alice DeWine, ran for his old prosecutor job in his home county, spent million$, and still lost by a good margin. It would be ignorant to think that Mike DeWine didn't factor his daughter's electoral failure in transitive terms the next time he dealt with Dr. Acton on policy; politicians can't just dump their programming. Whitmer wants to move higher in her party, so believing her decisions are based on science and not put through her own political calculation machine is naive.

Which proves once again that it’s key to have a national strategy in place to ensure that all states approach this thing based on similar science. Instead, the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him—and has laid everything on states. Which naturally sets the stage for discord and politicization from state to state.

LOL. You conspiracy guys never fail. You're constantly yapping about how certain areas of the country should be able to open sooner than others, and when she opens a part of Michigan much more sparsely populated and affected much less than lower Michigan where all the population is, you fire up the idiotic "she's making decisions based on a Memorial Day BBQ" horse ****.

Crying about politics trickling onto CIS, then bomb a thread with your MAGA-loid red tin foil hat bullshyt.
Well said

Advertisement
Today's great science is tomorrow's failure...From 1972

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-****el-engine/

Yep, just the header but you can see where this is going. "The demands of emission control and cost reduction are making this rotary power plant increasingly attractive for the U.S. automobile." Science has deliverd us from dirty scourge, the piston engine!

Well it did, until it didn't:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/engineering-explained-why-the-rotary-engine-had-to-die/

"When you put it all together, emissions killed off the rotary. The combination of inefficient combustion, inherent oil burning, and a sealing challenge result in an engine that’s not competitive by today’s standards on emissions or fuel economy."

But bad science is like Roaches, hard to kill:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/mazda-confirms-return-of-the-****el-rotary-engine-in-2020

But I guess the science is still not working:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...x-30-electric-crossover-pictures-specs-range/

Oh, speaking of the 1970s...

cooling.jpg

When I got this issue back in 1976, the "What's Happening to our Climate?" story teased on the front cover scared the heck out of my pre-teen self when I read it...A new ICE AGE was coming!

Which proves once again that it’s key to have a national strategy in place to ensure that all states approach this thing based on similar science. Instead, the head man has consistently disavowed the scientific community—particularly if/when they provide guidance or projections that are bad for him—and has laid everything on states. Which naturally sets the stage for discord and politicization from state to state.
Its called Federalism. Big government sucks. Like #44 use to say "elections have consequences ".

Usually the people proclaiming science as the ultimate answer treat it same as people did religion. It's not infallible and it's capable of correcting itself unless acted on by outside forces. We know a lot more than we did 6 months ago because of science, but there's still more to learn. We'll be fine as longer as we respond to new information.

Advertisement
Back