Braxton Berrios

My only problem with Berries isn't Berries' fault. He is not as good or remotely close to being as productive as Isaiah McKenzie. Despite the fact that McKenzie was in our backyard and recruiting him might have helped salvage the relationship with Heritage, Carl Selmer Heavy didn't even bother recruiting Joystick. Berries was in an impossible situation through no fault of his own.

Berries may not be the greatest player on the roster, but he's a decent player, and he is a Cane, so I am rooting for him. I would have much rather had Isaiah McKenzie and I am still tweaked that we didn't even recruit the kid.

You hit the nail on the head. It's not that we think Berrios is terrible or a bad dude or anything like that. It's just that we're tired of fans hyping him up based on very little actual production. He's an OK player who probably wouldn't be getting much burn if not for Al Golden's recruiting deficiencies.

Advertisement
bamaCane... "Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!"

Come On Man... If your playing slot or about to get slammed hard, you'd cradle the ball in your chest too, but just to prove a point... it took me 3 minutes on Utube

Last two plays of video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6jcJ7Kh7g

4 minute mark Great catch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_BDCo1YZI

I'm sure there is allot more vids, I just don't want to spend the time educating you.

and Macho and others... "He doesn't belong here"... GTFOH. He's a solid player that makes plays and at the end of the day, that's all you can ask for.

Berrios might not be the greatest or best, but I'd bet he ends up playing on Sundays when most don't make it.

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

He doesn't belong here because he never should've been recruited over the kid(s) in our backyard.

LOL @ "he's a solid player". Fool you don't win NC's with "solid" players.

**** I didnt know the 2001 UM team had nothing but 1st round talents from SFL at WR from top to bottom??

You the "coach" but youre saying Berrios isnt Miami caliber only bc of your emotional feelings over Al Golden not recruiting Isiah McKenzie. Its okay, let it go. lol

Berrios isn't as good as McKenzie but he's better than most of the WRs he's been competing against. It's not his fault we haven't recruited better.

We've said this before but I think this will be somewhat of a breakout year for Berrios. He is working out of the slot more than ever. He's always been a great practice player and that's continued this spring.

Berrios isn't as good as McKenzie but he's better than most of the WRs he's been competing against. It's not his fault we haven't recruited better.

We've said this before but I think this will be somewhat of a breakout year for Berrios. He is working out of the slot more than ever. He's always been a great practice player and that's continued this spring.

[MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION] says he's a baller.

I'll take his word over the porsters here

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think he's going to have a good season

Advertisement

FYI, my choad's nickname is "Crow."

I thought he was talking about Gray Crow

@apfenny3 says he's a baller.

Why don't they run more option routes for him out of the slot? I know we had a bit of a special situation with WR depth last season and we played Njoku there a ton, but we used motion very little (if at all, some games) and Berrios wasn't utilized out of the slot in a way where his legendary short shuttle would be on display.

Last edited:
I hope D$ and [MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION] are correct about Berries having a great season. The kid seems like a good kid, and it can only help the team if he has a good season.

Advertisement

@apfenny3 says he's a baller.

Why don't think they run more option routes for him out of the slot? I know we had a bit of a special situation with WR depth last season and we played Njoku there a ton, but we used motion very little (if at all, some games) and Berrios wasn't utilized out of the slot in a way where his legendary short shuttle would be on display.

Hopefully, CMR took a look at the way the Pats use Edelman, and try to use Berries ability to change direction to create some space. The only problem with that is we don't have Tom Brady trying to throw the ball into tight windows.

He should have a short leash. If he can't create separation and catch the ball consistently then he should sit. We have other options now.

Advertisement

I'm well aware

My worry is that Berrios sees the field ahead of more talented kids like Dallas, Mullins, Thomas, Harley because he "blocks well" and "does things the right way."

I expect him to begin the season as a starter but if the production isn't there then he needs to move over.

In 2017, let's put the women and children to sleep and go looking for ******* dinner.

Advertisement
My worry is that Berrios sees the field ahead of more talented kids like Dallas, Mullins, Thomas, Harley because he "blocks well" and "does things the right way."

I expect him to begin the season as a starter but if the production isn't there then he needs to move over.

In 2017, let's put the women and children to sleep and go looking for ****ing dinner.

That was a poor [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] list.

Are you hung-over my friend?

some power rankings:

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Dallas
Langham
Thomas
Harley
Njoku

Those PRs are as of 4/17/2017

As our most experienced receiver Berrios will be given every opportunity to secure a starting role imo.

I expect Dallas, Mullins, Cager, Thomas, perhaps Harley to contribute next season with one of them going over 400 yards.

Advertisement
Back