Braxton Berrios

Advertisement
I'm just waiting on the 10 page thread on Darrell Langham next since we are constantly talking about WRs who arent the #1 , #2 , or #3 option on this team?

Go watch that FSU tape and look at his returns should have housed that one in the fourth quarter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Tackled by the **** punter.....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
exactly Thomas or Harley back there for me maybe even Dallas to get him more touches, I like Homer and Thomas on KR

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can we please throw the bubble screens to him? because if I see another deep ball shot to him I'm gonna scream.. dude is like 0-5 in bombs for his career... how is he our punt returner but we don't get him the ball in space like UNC did with Ryan Switzer. come on Richt!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The fact that we throw bubbles to our TE's rather than our "shuttle champion" slot WR just shows how poor his ability is in the open field. The one time I've seen him catch a bubble he was tackled by his ankles 2 seconds after.

giphy (6).gif

He hasn't been mentioned lately like that and I don't think he got a ball in the spring game at all. What's going on with him? He will have stiff competition with dallas and then incoming freshman jeff Thomas and Mike harley...

He hasn't been mentioned lately like that and I don't think he got a ball in the spring game at all. What's going on with him? He will have stiff competition with dallas and then incoming freshman jeff Thomas and Mike harley...

Yup Mike Harley or Jeff Thomas will definitely take his spot, unless steps up before the fall season

Advertisement
I've asked this before.

It didn't seem to me like Kaaya would give him very many looks during most games. If you're not even in the progression, how are you going to catch a lot of balls. Again, this is my perception. Whether it's actual reality, I'm not sure. But it seems that way.

Maybe someone can breakdown every pass play from last year, but it seems he didn't get a ton of looks. I'd like to see that breakdown.

I agree with your perception. Kaya never threw the ball to him, when he did, Berrios caught almost everything thrown to him. He had that sick deep out sideline catch on a horrible pass from BK. Forget which game it was? Was a really sick catch.

Dont understand the hate for this kid, never fumbles, never gets into trouble, catches pretty much everything thrown at him, which is really rare because BK doesnt go thru progressions while running for his life.

I think Berrios has a break out year.

I've asked this before.

It didn't seem to me like Kaaya would give him very many looks during most games. If you're not even in the progression, how are you going to catch a lot of balls. Again, this is my perception. Whether it's actual reality, I'm not sure. But it seems that way.

Maybe someone can breakdown every pass play from last year, but it seems he didn't get a ton of looks. I'd like to see that breakdown.

I agree with your perception. Kaya never threw the ball to him, when he did, Berrios caught almost everything thrown to him. He had that sick deep out sideline catch on a horrible pass from BK. Forget which game it was? Was a really sick catch.

Dont understand the hate for this kid, never fumbles, never gets into trouble, catches pretty much everything thrown at him, which is really rare because BK doesnt go thru progressions while running for his life.

I think Berrios has a break out year.

App St.

And in the bowl game, he caught a TD and held on to the ball even though he was targeted in the end zone. Brax is one of my favorites. Think he is being under utilized. In the FSU game, put us in a position to tie it on a punt return. He's solid, man.

It seems like Richt has decided not to really use him. I don't know if that's about something he did or Richt just thinking he has better options, but I don't see any reason to think he'll get more targets this year than last. Kid's a for real Cane, so I wish him the best but I'd be surprised if he breaks out.

Advertisement
The fact that we throw bubbles to our TE's rather than our "shuttle champion" slot WR just shows how poor his ability is in the open field. The one time I've seen him catch a bubble he was tackled by his ankles 2 seconds after.

The 1 time? You must not watch very many games.

Do you have any football opinions that aren't objectively terrible? You coach awful HS football teams, then rip on guys like Elder and Berrios who would just shred anyone you ever coached.

The 1 time? You must not watch very many games.

Do you have any football opinions that aren't objectively terrible? You coach awful HS football teams, then rip on guys like Elder and Berrios who would just shred anyone you ever coached.

Why are you following me around and commenting on my negative opinions? My opinions are objective for sure. I look at these players without my orange and green glasses on. I don't see your dumb a$$ saying anything about my objectively positive opinions.

And as far as the other bullsh!t you said...

LOL. I won't even get into that cause I don't wanna make this a Player A versus Player B debate.

Advertisement
Berrios is not Miami Material. He's al Al Golden special, and the greatest fair catcher in the history of Miami football. **** could have 30-35 yards of daylight in front of him with not a defender in sight, and he'll fair catch that shizz....and then will run off the field throwing up the "U" like he just housed it.

He is more Wake Forest, Western Michigan, or App State Material. He'd be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th WR at one of those schools.

Last edited:
Not a Al Golden special as he was highly rated.. he just not productive. a Al Golden special is guy even when they were getting recruited you were like "WTF they doing recruiting this guy" kinda like how UF fans are now.

Berrios was a 3 star kid out of North Carolina, and folks got lathered up because of a fricken shuttle time.

WR grow on trees in South Florida! You don't go to North Carolina to get a undersized, 3 star receiver, with marginal speed. That's insane, and yes that is an Al Golden Special.

He was an "Al Golden special" in the sense that only Golden would be dumb enough to coach in Miami but travel to North Carolina to sign a slot WR.

Advertisement
Back