Braxton Berrios

Those PRs are as of 4/17/2017

As our most experienced receiver Berrios will be given every opportunity to secure a starting role imo.

I expect Dallas, Mullins, Cager, Thomas, perhaps Harley to contribute next season with one of them going over 400 yards.

His role is already set... he's the 3rd or 4th option as a WR.

Ahmmon Richards and Lawrence Cager are 1 and 2. And Jeff Thomas is going to be the 2nd or 3rd option when its all said and done but Berrios will shuffle in and out between the 3rd and 4th option as well with Deejay Dallas and Dionte Mullins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
bamaCane... "Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!"

Come On Man... If your playing slot or about to get slammed hard, you'd cradle the ball in your chest too, but just to prove a point... it took me 3 minutes on Utube

Last two plays of video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6jcJ7Kh7g

4 minute mark Great catch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_BDCo1YZI

I'm sure there is allot more vids, I just don't want to spend the time educating you.

and Macho and others... "He doesn't belong here"... GTFOH. He's a solid player that makes plays and at the end of the day, that's all you can ask for.

Berrios might not be the greatest or best, but I'd bet he ends up playing on Sundays when most don't make it.

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

He doesn't belong here because he never should've been recruited over the kid(s) in our backyard.

LOL @ "he's a solid player". Fool you don't win NC's with "solid" players.

**** I didnt know the 2001 UM team had nothing but 1st round talents from SFL at WR from top to bottom??

You the "coach" but youre saying Berrios isnt Miami caliber only bc of your emotional feelings over Al Golden not recruiting Isiah McKenzie. Its okay, let it go. lol

Yeah, that's it. It's my emotional feelings. It has nothing to do with the fact that McKenzie was more productive in one season than Berrios has been his entire career. LOL

Also has nothing to do with the fact that the kid embarrassed South Florida athletes on a regular basis when he was in high school and earned the name "joy stick".

Man, you're dense.

bamaCane... "Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!"

Come On Man... If your playing slot or about to get slammed hard, you'd cradle the ball in your chest too, but just to prove a point... it took me 3 minutes on Utube

I'm sure there is allot more vids, I just don't want to spend the time educating you.

and Macho and others... "He doesn't belong here"... GTFOH. He's a solid player that makes plays and at the end of the day, that's all you can ask for.

Berrios might not be the greatest or best, but I'd bet he ends up playing on Sundays when most don't make it.

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

He doesn't belong here because he never should've been recruited over the kid(s) in our backyard.

**** I didnt know the 2001 UM team had nothing but 1st round talents from SFL at WR from top to bottom??

You the "coach" but youre saying Berrios isnt Miami caliber only bc of your emotional feelings over Al Golden not recruiting Isiah McKenzie. Its okay, let it go. lol

Yeah, that's it. It's my emotional feelings. It has nothing to do with the fact that McKenzie was more productive in one season than Berrios has been his entire career. LOL

Also has nothing to do with the fact that the kid embarrassed South Florida athletes on a regular basis when he was in high school and earned the name "joy stick".

Man, you're dense.

Isiah McKenzie wouldnt have half the stats he's gained at UGA if he commited to UM instead. So more than likely you would be dogging him anyway by now. He still would be the 3rd option at best at WR just like Berrios, and he still wouldve had to deal with a QB that cant hit him accurately in stride for his entire cfb career.

some power rankings:

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Dallas
Langham
Thomas
Harley
Njoku

Not worried who is catching it - worried who is throwing it
- Hope he has a great year but against top teams in the ACC - he generally disappears

Advertisement
For all U guys who don't like Berrios...

Do U really think Richt would keep him in the game if he wasn't serviceable?

Do U really think Richt would keep him in at Punt Returner if he was displeased...... I don't know but maybe Richt is telling Berrios to just fair catch the **** ball... IDK

But I do know this... I trust Richt to make the right choice and if he likes him, then I like him too. Matter a fact I LOVE THE KID JUST LIKE ANY OTHER HURRICANE.

I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.

you're straight up calling people on the forum racist in a "nice" way

I'm white and I think berrios has been total trash, 12 catches as a starting wide receiver all season is just pathetic. There's players that get that many receptions in one single game and they're not even super stars

I agree with the one poster, sh*ts uncalled for hate him all you want for being trash but hate on the fans because they like him "because he's white".. ?

come on

Advertisement
kaya.0.gif
Looks like a missed targeting call too

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

and another **** poor thrown ball from kayak.. the middle of the field is WIDE OPEN

Looks like a missed targeting call too

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

and another **** poor thrown ball from kayak.. the middle of the field is WIDE OPEN

looks like a good hit to my a55..........i dont like that targeting **** so im all for knocking a dude out.

that's all fine and dandy until you're the WR with a concussion and looking back on the film seeing 30 yards of open space in the opposite direction.. but your QB decides it's better to lead you right straight into the safety while also forcing you to a back shoulder grab in doing so

Advertisement
I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.

you're straight up calling people on the forum racist in a "nice" way

I'm white and I think berrios has been total trash, 12 catches as a starting wide receiver all season is just pathetic. There's players that get that many receptions in one single game and they're not even super stars

I agree with the one poster, sh*ts uncalled for hate him all you want for being trash but hate on the fans because they like him "because he's white".. ?

come on
Yep he is the great white hype. Hopefully he changes that this year. Playing in the slot may help him. 8 pages on a dude that has done ****

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

Man, you're dense.

Isiah McKenzie wouldnt have half the stats he's gained at UGA if he commited to UM instead. So more than likely you would be dogging him anyway by now. He still would be the 3rd option at best at WR just like Berrios, and he still wouldve had to deal with a QB that cant hit him accurately in stride for his entire cfb career.

What a ridiculous assumption. LOL

Even if that was true, at worst he would've at least given us some special teams TD's.

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

Man, you're dense.

What a ridiculous assumption. LOL

Even if that was true, at worst he would've at least given us some special teams TD's.
I can at least say he wouldn't have been tackled by a punter...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
For all U guys who don't like Berrios...

Do U really think Richt would keep him in the game if he wasn't serviceable?

He's serviceable, he's not special. Let's be honest, Golden's staff certainly dropped the ball on recruiting WRs. Only a few people are saying he sucks. Most of us just think he's a mediocre player who has been and still is over-hyped.

Do U really think Richt would keep him in at Punt Returner if he was displeased...... I don't know but maybe Richt is telling Berrios to just fair catch the **** ball... IDK

This I agree with. I think Richt keeps running Berrios out there at PR because he wants the safe play and he didn't trust anybody else. It will be interesting once Jeff Thomas steps on campus.

But I do know this... I trust Richt to make the right choice and if he likes him, then I like him too. Matter a fact I LOVE THE KID JUST LIKE ANY OTHER HURRICANE.

You're confusing personal hate with being displeased with his performance. Nobody hates the kid. I'm sure he's a great dude. He's just not very good. Certainly not good enough to inspire multiple "Berrios is going to tear it up this year" threads every year.

A lot of narrative switching in this thread, can't say that I'm surprised. Now it's about whether someone "likes", "loves", or "hates" him. Notice that no one who is in opposition to his 3 years and running unearned offseason hype machine (it's quiet during the actual seasons) are not using these type of deflection s or making this personal. Rather they are reference is stats and lackluster performance thus far, compared to the type of attention and exaggerated impact many claim he has.

It shouldn't be about a fans emotional ties to a player. His play speaks for itself. Now a poster is advocating that it's cool to like him just because he is white lol. At least he is honest.

So now his lack of production is due to. His former roommate Kaaya who admitted Berrios is his favorite target in the past, didn't target him enough. It couldn't be that Berrios wasn't open and struggled to get separation even though film shows this. Then dudes say that they trust Richt completely, but to save Berrios' face, say Richt didn't play him in his proper and most effective position (the slot) lol! Berrios' success has obviously been attached to some fan's self-esteem.

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face, he needs to get his weight down. He was more effective as a freshman before putting on about 20 lbs of stupid muscle he doesn't need.

Advertisement
Back