Braxton Berrios

It's always the same trolls thats quick to say "oh i dont want x player anywhere near the field" no matter how stupid they always look in the end lol hilarious

Advertisement
Berrios' biggest problem is that his hands aren't consistent. He's made some nice catches but he's also had good balls bounce off his face mask or shoulder pad.

Berrios' biggest problem is that his hands aren't consistent. He's made some nice catches but he's also had good balls bounce off his face mask or shoulder pad.
Agreed. He makes some insane catches but we need him to make the routine catches in traffic. That's where he can make some money.

Im having a hard time thinking of a more middle of the road Cane player that was scrutinized as much as Berrios. He's a decent weapon, but I'm not sure why people want to be something he isn't.

Agreed. He makes some insane catches but we need him to make the routine catches in traffic. That's where he can make some money.

Im having a hard time thinking of a more middle of the road Cane player that was scrutinized as much as Berrios. He's a decent weapon, but I'm not sure why people want to be something he isn't.

Jacory?

Advertisement
kaya.0.gif
Looks like a missed targeting call too

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Exactly... i think he's better than a middle of the road player but he's definitely not Stacy Coley or Ahmmon Richards level in terms of what he should be expected to bring to the table for this team. Which is why i dont understand ppl so pressed about him being on the team bc of his lack of production so far? Other players have made up for what he doesnt do for us. However he is a player that is a threat on the field and can make a game breaking play at any time which is fine with me.

"Berrios isn't being used right. The quarterback sucks/doesn't look for him enough. He's gonna blow up out of the slot".

All excuses fans use to defend a dude who's been 100% mediocre for three years. Somehow, this staff and the previous one just couldn't figure out how to use him but yet they keep putting WRs and TEs in the league. They got major production from Richards, Coley, Njoku last year and they maximized Walford and Dorsett a few years back but somehow...they just can't use the little engine that could to his maximum potential?

I'm sure he's a great team mate and he definitely give 100% on the field and in the classroom but he's just. not. that. good.

Sounds deep to a ****** but to everyone else its just another very stupid post lol

Wtf are you talking about? Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. You said my post was stupid. Why? What's not true? Berrios is just a mediocre player. He's done nothing of significance to warrant all the poRsters making threads about how good he's going to be next year. Go back to being butthurt becsuse Kaaya told you he wasn't into dudes.

"Berrios isn't being used right. The quarterback sucks/doesn't look for him enough. He's gonna blow up out of the slot".

All excuses fans use to defend a dude who's been 100% mediocre for three years. Somehow, this staff and the previous one just couldn't figure out how to use him but yet they keep putting WRs and TEs in the league. They got major production from Richards, Coley, Njoku last year and they maximized Walford and Dorsett a few years back but somehow...they just can't use the little engine that could to his maximum potential?

I'm sure he's a great team mate and he definitely give 100% on the field and in the classroom but he's just. not. that. good.

Sounds deep to a ****** but to everyone else its just another very stupid post lol

Wtf are you talking about? Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. You said my post was stupid. Why? What's not true? Berrios is just a mediocre player. He's done nothing of significance to warrant all the poRsters making threads about how good he's going to be next year. Go back to being butthurt becsuse Kaaya told you he wasn't into dudes.

your post is a fckn joke is what i'm talkng about

Advertisement

your post is a fckn joke is what i'm talkng about

DTP, don't mind krustycane, he grew up in a house made from Chinese drywall covered in lead paint.

He's not a Miami caliber WR. I don't care what anybody says. He's only here because our last coaching staff couldn't recruit South Florida to save their lives. There's TONS of small slot type WR's in our backyard with as much or more ability than Berrios. Guys that can actually make defenders miss in the open field.

He's a microcosm of Golden's recruiting. Go to Carolina to sign an undersized slot WR when you have them by the dozens in your backyard. To warrant that decision Berrios would've had to be extraordinary, not average. If you're gonna pass up a kid in your backyard named "joystick" for some kid in Carolina, that kid better be really ******* good. (like a Jeff Thomas type of talent)

Berrios needed to be Ryan Switzer, or better, on the field for this to turn out well for him. And he certainly can't be worse than Isaiah McKensie. To date, he's 0-2, and that's where most of his grief is coming from.

But Dorsett was a "bust" until his senior year, too. So, there's still some hope, IMO.

I'm pulling for the kid! I think we're going to need him to make some plays this season. With our QB situation being the way it is, it's going to take a total team effort to max out this season, IMO.

He's not a Miami caliber WR. I don't care what anybody says. He's only here because our last coaching staff couldn't recruit South Florida to save their lives. There's TONS of small slot type WR's in our backyard with as much or more ability than Berrios. Guys that can actually make defenders miss in the open field.

He's a microcosm of Golden's recruiting. Go to Carolina to sign an undersized slot WR when you have them by the dozens in your backyard. To warrant that decision Berrios would've had to be extraordinary, not average. If you're gonna pass up a kid in your backyard named "joystick" for some kid in Carolina, that kid better be really ****ing good. (like a Jeff Thomas type of talent)

bamaCane... "Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!"

Come On Man... If your playing slot or about to get slammed hard, you'd cradle the ball in your chest too, but just to prove a point... it took me 3 minutes on Utube

Last two plays of video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6jcJ7Kh7g

4 minute mark Great catch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_BDCo1YZI

I'm sure there is allot more vids, I just don't want to spend the time educating you.

and Macho and others... "He doesn't belong here"... GTFOH. He's a solid player that makes plays and at the end of the day, that's all you can ask for.

Berrios might not be the greatest or best, but I'd bet he ends up playing on Sundays when most don't make it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My only problem with Berries isn't Berries' fault. He is not as good or remotely close to being as productive as Isaiah McKenzie. Despite the fact that McKenzie was in our backyard and recruiting him might have helped salvage the relationship with Heritage, Carl Selmer Heavy didn't even bother recruiting Joystick. Berries was in an impossible situation through no fault of his own.

Berries may not be the greatest player on the roster, but he's a decent player, and he is a Cane, so I am rooting for him. I would have much rather had Isaiah McKenzie and I am still tweaked that we didn't even recruit the kid.

My only problem with Berries isn't Berries' fault. He is not as good or remotely close to being as productive as Isaiah McKenzie. Despite the fact that McKenzie was in our backyard and recruiting him might have helped salvage the relationship with Heritage, Carl Selmer Heavy didn't even bother recruiting Joystick. Berries was in an impossible situation through no fault of his own.

Berries may not be the greatest player on the roster, but he's a decent player, and he is a Cane, so I am rooting for him. I would have much rather had Isaiah McKenzie and I am still tweaked that we didn't even recruit the kid.

Best post on Berrios to date.

Advertisement
bamaCane... "Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!"

Come On Man... If your playing slot or about to get slammed hard, you'd cradle the ball in your chest too, but just to prove a point... it took me 3 minutes on Utube

Last two plays of video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6jcJ7Kh7g

4 minute mark Great catch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_BDCo1YZI

I'm sure there is allot more vids, I just don't want to spend the time educating you.

and Macho and others... "He doesn't belong here"... GTFOH. He's a solid player that makes plays and at the end of the day, that's all you can ask for.

Berrios might not be the greatest or best, but I'd bet he ends up playing on Sundays when most don't make it.

Nah, YOU gtfoh.

He doesn't belong here because he never should've been recruited over the kid(s) in our backyard.

LOL @ "he's a solid player". Fool you don't win NC's with "solid" players.

Exactly how I feel.

Exactly how I feel.

If im not mistaken I believe Golden thought he was too small thats why we never crooted him...same thing with Bandy

Exactly how I feel.

If im not mistaken I believe Golden thought he was too small thats why we never crooted him...same thing with Bandy

Good call by Golden. LOL

Advertisement
Back