Braxton Berrios

Advertisement
Meh. Berrios is underwhelming all around. He's shown pretty decent hands (besides the dropped game winning touchdown against FSU) but he gets little separation on the outside and gets shoved around by bigger DBs. I appreciate his steadiness at PR but there were at least 8-10 fair catches called last year with no defender withing ten yards of him. His punt return average was pretty good but a lot of that had to do with the fact that he'd only return punts when he had a boatload of room.

Yeah...And he missed that extra point to tie the game with a few seconds remaining to send the FSU game to overtime, and the "U" with the momentum in its favor...Son of a Bi-ch I still can't believe he missed an extra point for all the marbles..

Meh. Berrios is underwhelming all around. He's shown pretty decent hands (besides the dropped game winning touchdown against FSU) but he gets little separation on the outside and gets shoved around by bigger DBs. I appreciate his steadiness at PR but there were at least 8-10 fair catches called last year with no defender withing ten yards of him. His punt return average was pretty good but a lot of that had to do with the fact that he'd only return punts when he had a boatload of room.

Yeah...And he missed that extra point to tie the game with a few seconds remaining to send the FSU game to overtime, and the "U" with the momentum in its favor...Son of a Bi-ch I still can't believe he missed an extra point for all the marbles..

Your response has absolutely nothing to do with my post. The dropped touchdown was in 2014. It had nothing whatsoever to do with a missed extra point last season.

But yeah, maybe Berrios will catch more than 15 passes this season.

I may be wrong, but I believe he is WAY underrated for his athleticism. He had the highest sparq rating I have seen on the roster (better than Sam Bruce too) and he is in year 2 of coming off an ACL. For fast twitch athletes that means everything. I don't know everything, if someone has a better sparq rating out of HS I'd be curious who. He COULD be the Sam Bruce player everyone gave up on because he was still recovering from the knee. I really hope so.

Advertisement
No WR who makes 12 catches in a season should be starting.

And that was with BK, with whom he had a great rapport.

Berries is a perfect situational guy.

You "start" him at WR to teach the young guys about blocking, work ethic and attention to detail, but you rotate talent/speed in when needed.

And you put him at PR in close games, but bring in a game breaker when we are down late and need a big play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've asked this before.

It didn't seem to me like Kaaya would give him very many looks during most games. If you're not even in the progression, how are you going to catch a lot of balls. Again, this is my perception. Whether it's actual reality, I'm not sure. But it seems that way.

Maybe someone can breakdown every pass play from last year, but it seems he didn't get a ton of looks. I'd like to see that breakdown.

I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

Advertisement
I think Berrios can start as long as he simply does what Richt and Dugans ask of him to do.
If he looks better than the underclassmen at running routes and blocking down field then I think he will start.
If not then he will be on the bench soon.

As for Special teams, I believe that he is also the best of the bunch due to experience but we have not seen the new guys yet obviously...
... so he better be looking over his shoulder.

I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

People have the same love affair with Gray. I always thought it was because he's black.

Advertisement

People have the same love affair with Gray. I always thought it was because he's black.

Nope, Gray gets love because he passes the eyeball test and fans have been anticipating him being healthy his entire career. Gray doesn't have 1/4 of the threads Berrios has headlined. Dude has more thread titles than career receptions. I seriously bet it's close.

Jeff Thomas has to pass High School first. Then you can start saying he is the next Desean Jackson.

Advertisement

Come on mane, you were here for the Kendal Thompkins years...

Well, he's a senior now so it's put up or shut up time. There's significantly more talent at WR now than there was even last year. If he continues to be mediocre, there's other guys ready to take his reps.

Advertisement
Back