Braxton Berrios

Anybody see him coming out of the backfield in some packages? Even possibly as an emergency RB.
He looks like he got his weight up. And he may not have breakaway speed for WR but he's still shifty enough for screens and passing down RPO plays. He secures the ball and I'm sure he'd be willing to sacrifice his body to take on blitzes. I'm just worried DD might not be ready physically to play RB just yet.

Advertisement
I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

People have the same love affair with Gray. I always thought it was because he's black.

Nope, Gray gets love because he passes the eyeball test and fans have been anticipating him being healthy his entire career. Gray doesn't have 1/4 of the threads Berrios has headlined. Dude has more thread titles than career receptions. I seriously bet it's close.

If anyone passes the eyeball test it's Berrios. Gray has just as many threads as Berrios, probably as many threads as he has rushing yards. IMO they both suck, I've been bashing Berrios when it wasn't even cool.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

Coach Macho probably goes around telling people they're racist. Just a hunch.

Coach Macho probably goes around telling people they're racist. Just a hunch.

I wasn't throwing shade at coach macho. Dude is very football knowledgable but the whole race card thing is uncalled for. This kid is liked by all his teammates. He is a role model for the younger dudes regardless of his talent or productions. These are the type of kids you want in the locker room and at practice. Berrios is a straight A student, I bet he even helps out some of the guys on the team that have grade issues.

Advertisement

The same way everyone swings from Perry's sack before ever throwing a collegiate pass b/c he is black?

We can have smart discussions about should he be our punt returner or not but its very stupid to say he shouldnt be getting on the field as a WR???.... lol smh im Krazy but some of yall are dumb.

Braxton Berrios has had to deal with a qb that cant hit him in stride his entire career, what we saw from him against West Virginia is what he could do for us consistently. He cant be guarded out of the slot and can make impact plays at any point in a game when given the chance.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.

Advertisement
Who had a more productive junior year Elijah Moore or Berrios?

Your old lady caught more balls than both of them.

(on her chin)

I expected way more from a former DIII bench warmer/current physical education teacher.

af4217f1e360493c4e3bebabf110e2a10520530a364fd5cd45e01816ef178d29.jpg

Anybody see him coming out of the backfield in some packages? Even possibly as an emergency RB.
He looks like he got his weight up. And he may not have breakaway speed for WR but he's still shifty enough for screens and passing down RPO plays. He secures the ball and I'm sure he'd be willing to sacrifice his body to take on blitzes. I'm just worried DD might not be ready physically to play RB just yet.

LMAO!!!!

People have the same love affair with Gray. I always thought it was because he's black.

Nope, Gray gets love because he passes the eyeball test and fans have been anticipating him being healthy his entire career. Gray doesn't have 1/4 of the threads Berrios has headlined. Dude has more thread titles than career receptions. I seriously bet it's close.

If anyone passes the eyeball test it's Berrios. Gray has just as many threads as Berrios, probably as many threads as he has rushing yards. IMO they both suck, I've been bashing Berrios when it wasn't even cool.

If Berrios is more physically put together than Gray then our eyeball tests must be based some different criteria...how ironic lol!

LMAO!!!!! Classic post!

Advertisement

If Berrios is more physically put together than Gray then our eyeball tests must be based some different criteria...how ironic lol!

I like Berrios a lot because he seems like a solid student-athlete. But to say he makes a better impression coming off the bus than Gray, oh boy. That's hot yoga (a stretch).

Gray is just a legend at this point.

What is he, a junior?

I know he was out last year, but has he even seen the field and done even the slightest thing for us to have some hope? I don't recall.

He may look beastly, but so what. That doesn't mean shlt. If it did, I could put together an all star team where I work out. But we all know 99% of us workout warriors would get folded up five minutes into practice.

Advertisement

I'm not going to get into an argument about two ****** players where you just play around with the words. They each have good measurables, they both suck on the field.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.
Pretty spot on analysis tbh

Advertisement
Back