Braxton Berrios

I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.

Fvck u

How big is your beard?

Advertisement
I swear, if this kid wasn't white we would've given up on him a long time ago. What is with the love affair for this guy? Never has a more unproductive player been talked about so much on here. Every season it's "Braxton's year" around this *****.

What does him being white have to do with people liking his work ethic, intelligence and never give up attitude. He wasn't targeted very much but the kid always stays ready and never gives up. Kid blocks for teammates and does what's best for the team without bytching. Who wouldn't like a player with those qualities regardless if he is white of black.

Dude, I've been around here long enough to know that our fans develop love affairs for certain players regardless of how good/bad they are. I watched Graig Cooper, who was 10x more productive than Berrios, get dissed by our fans on a regular basis.

People aren't making "this is Berrios year" threads because he's a good kid and has straight A's. He's the Great White Hype around this *****. Year after year he under-performs and there's always a handful of excuses for him. He had an injury 10 years ago, Kaaya can't throw him the ball, the OC doesn't use him properly, he had a lingering hangnail problem, etc.

Now, some of what I say is tongue-in-check, cause I'm a d!ck and that's part of my shtick, but there is still some truth to it.

Agree with you...and you are a d!ck!!! Just saying [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION]

:peaceful:

Agree with you...and you are a d!ck!!! Just saying [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION]

:peaceful:

MACHO is one of the few real G'z left. fvck him and his sweet ride.

"Berrios isn't being used right. The quarterback sucks/doesn't look for him enough. He's gonna blow up out of the slot".

All excuses fans use to defend a dude who's been 100% mediocre for three years. Somehow, this staff and the previous one just couldn't figure out how to use him but yet they keep putting WRs and TEs in the league. They got major production from Richards, Coley, Njoku last year and they maximized Walford and Dorsett a few years back but somehow...they just can't use the little engine that could to his maximum potential?

I'm sure he's a great team mate and he definitely give 100% on the field and in the classroom but he's just. not. that. good.

Advertisement
Berrios shouldnt be at miami.

I disagree. Kid has done what's been asked. ******* Gorlden and his crew had Berrios trying to catch fade routes in the end zone.

He's All-American in the slot.

Nope.. slow.. has bad hands..
he doesnt suck.. but he belongs at a school like tulane.. or FAU

I dont see the "all american" potential in him..

The kid is not the fastest but he doesn't have bad hands. If he did he wouldn't be the best fair catcher in the league lol. And I rather have him out there blocking or doing something else than taking reps away from studs like Richards, Njuko, Stacy type players. Plus once in a while he makes plays solely on the fact that defenses don't expect him to be targeted (see bowl game).

He's not a "battle till national signing day for" type of Miami player, but also not FAU or Tulane type. This kid would have been better off at a school like Duke or NCState. I still like what he brings to the team and not losing any sleep over him being here for ONE more year.

It's worth mentioning again, but he was 11th in punt return yardage per attempt this year. Kamara of Tenn is going pro, and he's 15th. Callaway is #32 . Clemson's returner is #33 . Ohio St.'s is #50 .

At wr, sure, he's meh. But as a returner . . . . look around people.

Advertisement
"Berrios isn't being used right. The quarterback sucks/doesn't look for him enough. He's gonna blow up out of the slot".

All excuses fans use to defend a dude who's been 100% mediocre for three years. Somehow, this staff and the previous one just couldn't figure out how to use him but yet they keep putting WRs and TEs in the league. They got major production from Richards, Coley, Njoku last year and they maximized Walford and Dorsett a few years back but somehow...they just can't use the little engine that could to his maximum potential?

I'm sure he's a great team mate and he definitely give 100% on the field and in the classroom but he's just. not. that. good.

Sounds deep to a ****** but to everyone else its just another very stupid post lol

I'm fine with him as the punt returner as long as he never plays on offense. Give those snaps to Dallas, Mullins, Thomas or Harley.

going to LMAO when he makes sombodies roster as a slot receiver, puts his 5 years in, and makes more money than 99% of the keyboard coaches on this board.

Advertisement

It's the New England Patriot effect. That and a slew of awkward looking white guys from Sweatervests' time a TaintedSU.

I respect Berrios, he's a max effort kid, but his upside is being an effective slot receiver. That's it. Jarvis Landry he will not be.

I disagree. Kid has done what's been asked. ******* Gorlden and his crew had Berrios trying to catch fade routes in the end zone.

The kid is not the fastest but he doesn't have bad hands. If he did he wouldn't be the best fair catcher in the league lol. And I rather have him out there blocking or doing something else than taking reps away from studs like Richards, Njuko, Stacy type players. Plus once in a while he makes plays solely on the fact that defenses don't expect him to be targeted (see bowl game).

He's not a "battle till national signing day for" type of Miami player, but also not FAU or Tulane type. This kid would have been better off at a school like Duke or NCState. I still like what he brings to the team and not losing any sleep over him being here for ONE more year.

Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!

Show me a catch that Berrios made with only his hands! Dude catches everything with his chest!

Doesn't seem like that matters anyway, it's more of a players pride that makes em wanna catch with all hands

Advertisement

Off the top of my head: vs ASU

Cskij-lXgAAdjeV.jpg:medium

im convinced most of yall on this site that got something to say either dont watch the games or miss most of the things thats happening on the field.

Advertisement
Back