Braxton Berrios FNLs interview

Am I the only one who is concerned that Braxton Berrios is very close to his permanent ceiling at age 18?

That's a good point. No question he can play, but if not Berrios , I'm confident the staff will get someone as good, and perhaps with a higher ceiling.

I was high on him after he camped and developed such a strong rapport with Kaaya. But the luster is wearing off, and I agree he has a low ceiling from where he is today. Would be a nice fit at slot if we could get him, but the coaches can certainly cover if not.

So the luster wore off without him setting foot on a football field?

Seems legit.

Advertisement
Amazing to me that posters on this site gives this dude a pass.... He was one of the main ones saying how "he would commit if offered, dream school miami"..... I just wonder why he gets a pass and you guys rip other players....

I think your facts are incorrect. To my knowledge, Braxton Berrios has said on multiple occasions that he had an August time frame for commitment. He wanted to use the entire summer to investigate schools and commit before his senior season in HS.

I also think you are forgetting that he is not a local kid. He's from N. Carolina. You seem to want to lump him into the pile of local kids.

Excuse me kind sir Idgaf if he is from Miami or Russia my point is that posters on this site rip any kid that says miami is their dream school and would love to go there but when they receive their offer they continue to look around posters RIP those kids but this guy not so much .... Since you seem to play attention to detail can you help me out with that one?

Again, (and note that I dont read everything on this site) but I think most posters who say that stuff tend to say it about south/central Florida kids. Do you have any examples off posters saying this about OOS kids who say UM was their dream school??

Wow because the kid wants to have fun on a visit and compete he's getting bashed? He kills it here at a campp and at the Opening but now he's average? It's July and he said he's committing in September and that was always his plan whether anybody here likes it or not it doesn't matter unless the staff says we can't wait that long. I congratulate the kid and hope he commits here in after the UF game

Not sweating this too much. Slot WR in south Florida are a dime a dozen

How common are slot receivers who also have rushed for over a couple thousand yards along with stellar receiving numbers and has run a 3.81 shuttle? All this before his senior season. That 3.81 time is scary good. I haven't checked but I wonder if 5 guys or even 1 or 2 beat that number at the NFL combine.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who is concerned that Braxton Berrios is very close to his permanent ceiling at age 18?

That's a good point. No question he can play, but if not Berrios , I'm confident the staff will get someone as good, and perhaps with a higher ceiling.

I was high on him after he camped and developed such a strong rapport with Kaaya. But the luster is wearing off, and I agree he has a low ceiling from where he is today. Would be a nice fit at slot if we could get him, but the coaches can certainly cover if not.

I dont know about luster. I personally would luv to see this kid sign with UM. I have no doubt that he can and will be productive for us.

I just checked berrios' shuttle time of 3.81 and saw that he would have tied the fastest ever at the NFL combine for the past 8 years.
Kid has elite quickness. Who knows what his ceiling is. What is obvious is that he would be one of the quickest, if not the quickest ever slot receiver we've ever had. Quick doesn't equate to best especially since he is still only a senior in high school but I equate his 3.81 to if some recruit ran a laser timed 4.25 40 time and had the production on the field to show that speed transferred to the football field.
People would be going crazy and not questioning his ceiling.
This kid has also rushed for back to back 1000 yard seasons as a sophomore and junior so he is not just some kid who ran an unbelievable time at one camp. He's a football player with beyond elite quickness.

Last edited:

How common are slot receivers who also have rushed for over a couple thousand yards along with stellar receiving numbers and has run a 3.81 shuttle? All this before his senior season. That 3.81 time is scary good. I haven't checked but I wonder if 5 guys or even 1 or 2 beat that number at the NFL combine.

3.81 would be the 5th best in the history of NFL combine, just sayin...

Advertisement

Can run really good routes and has really good hands. Plus, I don't remember how high he jumped at the Opening but I do remember analyst raving about it if you or anybody can look it up you can see that he has the radius of a guy over 6'0

Can run really good routes and has really good hands. Plus, I don't remember how high he jumped at the Opening but I do remember analyst raving about it if you or anybody can look it up you can see that he has the radius of a guy over 6'0

He did 40 in the vertical, which is pretty good, one of the best, Noil was in another class in the vertical (45)

Couple things.

• Berrios never said he would commit on the spot to miami if they offered
• He has said he's deciding in September the whole time throughout his recruitment
• His official visit is during the UM-UF weekend. It could end up being his last visit

He did 40 in the vertical, which is pretty good, one of the best, Noil was in another class in the vertical (45)

Exactly, so tell me what legit reason would some posters not want him

Advertisement

This is a Miami board filled with Miami fans. To a lot of fans if a prospect isn't from the hood in south Florida then his skills are suspect.

All i can say from watching him yesterday (imo) is that, like i said in the second post, he has great quickness when hes doing drills, but theres something that slows him up a hair for whatever the reason during actual gameplay. His breaks on his routes were a little slow and i think he was trying to do too much. Makes me wonder how he'll do when he gets jammed right at the LOS. Id still like to have him though.

honestly, i dont think we are getting ermon at all and people are on here delusional that he will come to the u. meanwhile, a kid we still have a shot at, they are bashing. smh

Advertisement
honestly, i dont think we are getting ermon at all and people are on here delusional that he will come to the u. meanwhile, a kid we still have a shot at, they are bashing. smh

Anyone on this board with a brain and who doesn't troll knows Lane isn't coming here..

Why are some of our fans so **** stUpid? Can we not read!? This kid HAS NEVER SAID, that he woUld commit on the spot, if offered. Yes, he knows oUr recrUiting sitUation. Yes, he is sUpposedly a big fan of the U. Yes, he has said that we are his "dream school". For all we know, he coUld already be a "silent commit" and is jUst waiting to have his "moment" in the recrUiting spotlight.

To the gUy that said that Berrios is not Ermon, Dixon, or even Jo Jo, he's jUst a 5'9" white boy (he's Hispanic, by the way) from North Carolina, I really dont know what to say to U. SMGDH! The kid is a stUd, hes dominating EVERY camp he's been at, and picking Up offers right and left at every stop from top level D1 schools, and U ****ing aboUt when he commits. Some of U gUys need to change yoUr **** tampons. If he don't decide to come here, then fine, we will find someone else. We will get oUr nUmbers. There is no need to get Ur panties in a bUnch becaUse of a 17 year old, whose in charge of HIS life, doesn't jUmp when U want him to! U gUys are really 2 mUch. #uguysarefrustratingasfucc

1st I'm the guy who said all that.

2nd are you retarded and lack the ability to type properly?

Says the guy that don't know how to use commas and correct sentence structure, lol. You're asking if I'm retarded? Run along young man, and find you someone to play with.

All i can say from watching him yesterday (imo) is that, like i said in the second post, he has great quickness when hes doing drills, but theres something that slows him up a hair for whatever the reason during actual gameplay. His breaks on his routes were a little slow and i think he was trying to do too much. Makes me wonder how he'll do when he gets jammed right at the LOS. Id still like to have him though.

how often do slot guys get jammed at the line though? not nearly as much as an outside receiver. very very dangerous to press your nickel CB. See brandon harris freshmen year. He was on the LOS alot and got burnt ALOT.

Advertisement
Back