Braxton Berrios FNLs interview

How common are slot receivers who also have rushed for over a couple thousand yards along with stellar receiving numbers and has run a 3.81 shuttle? All this before his senior season. That 3.81 time is scary good. I haven't checked but I wonder if 5 guys or even 1 or 2 beat that number at the NFL combine.

3.81 would be the 5th best in the history of NFL combine, just sayin...

Can run really good routes and has really good hands. Plus, I don't remember how high he jumped at the Opening but I do remember analyst raving about it if you or anybody can look it up you can see that he has the radius of a guy over 6'0

He did 40 in the vertical, which is pretty good, one of the best, Noil was in another class in the vertical (45)

Exactly, so tell me what legit reason would some posters not want him

because he's a short, white guy.

Advertisement
Why are some of our fans so **** stUpid? Can we not read!? This kid HAS NEVER SAID, that he woUld commit on the spot, if offered. Yes, he knows oUr recrUiting sitUation. Yes, he is sUpposedly a big fan of the U. Yes, he has said that we are his "dream school". For all we know, he coUld already be a "silent commit" and is jUst waiting to have his "moment" in the recrUiting spotlight.

To the gUy that said that Berrios is not Ermon, Dixon, or even Jo Jo, he's jUst a 5'9" white boy (he's Hispanic, by the way) from North Carolina, I really dont know what to say to U. SMGDH! The kid is a stUd, hes dominating EVERY camp he's been at, and picking Up offers right and left at every stop from top level D1 schools, and U ****ing aboUt when he commits. Some of U gUys need to change yoUr **** tampons. If he don't decide to come here, then fine, we will find someone else. We will get oUr nUmbers. There is no need to get Ur panties in a bUnch becaUse of a 17 year old, whose in charge of HIS life, doesn't jUmp when U want him to! U gUys are really 2 mUch. #uguysarefrustratingasfucc

Good post but he's mixed, white mom and PR dad.

Can run really good routes and has really good hands. Plus, I don't remember how high he jumped at the Opening but I do remember analyst raving about it if you or anybody can look it up you can see that he has the radius of a guy over 6'0

He did 40 in the vertical, which is pretty good, one of the best, Noil was in another class in the vertical (45)

All i can say from watching him yesterday (imo) is that, like i said in the second post, he has great quickness when hes doing drills, but theres something that slows him up a hair for whatever the reason during actual gameplay. His breaks on his routes were a little slow and i think he was trying to do too much. Makes me wonder how he'll do when he gets jammed right at the LOS. Id still like to have him though.

how often do slot guys get jammed at the line though? not nearly as much as an outside receiver. very very dangerous to press your nickel CB. See brandon harris freshmen year. He was on the LOS alot and got burnt ALOT.

Thats true. Im sure he'll be utilized pretty much the same anywhere he goes, lining up in the slot running primarily shorter/quicker routes. He doesnt have the height or the breakaway speed to just beat you in a straight line deep. My concern from his 1 on 1s i saw yesterday was that he didnt create nearly as much separation as id anticipated from watching his cone drills and all that. The DBs werent even that great out there either. He was having a tough time shaking people the first 8-10 yards he ran if they had their hands on him, even without getting jammed with pads.

Am I the only one who is concerned that Braxton Berrios is very close to his permanent ceiling at age 18?

That's a good point. No question he can play, but if not Berrios , I'm confident the staff will get someone as good, and perhaps with a higher ceiling.

I was high on him after he camped and developed such a strong rapport with Kaaya. But the luster is wearing off, and I agree he has a low ceiling from where he is today. Would be a nice fit at slot if we could get him, but the coaches can certainly cover if not.

So the luster wore off without him setting foot on a football field?

Seems legit.

I'm not saying the guy is toast. If he commits, I'd be happy, especially given the rapport with Kaaya. But since his name popped, I watched his highlights over on the hudl. And while he has great short burst and lateral quickness, he's not the fastest kid on the field even in HS, regardless of what his 40 times show. I'm hoping we get Dixon and Rudolph, and would have liked to have seen Powell squeeze in. If that comes across as So Fl biased, then so be it.

Advertisement
3.81 would be the 5th best in the history of NFL combine, just sayin...

This is a Miami board filled with Miami fans. To a lot of fans if a prospect isn't from the hood in south Florida then his skills are suspect.

Not from Russia.
Touché

At WR, we're this guy:

[video=youtube_share;CjWYbcbpiWA]http://youtu.be/CjWYbcbpiWA[/video]

I ain't got one worry.

Could another Braxton come on board?

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
80Raleigh, NC

Wide receiver Braxton Berrios (Raleigh, N.C./Leesville Road) loves Friday Night Lights. Last year, he shared the spotlight with Shelton Gibson during one-on-ones. He was at it again this year and it earned him an offer from the Buckeyes. The 5-foot-9, 181-pound Berrios named a top five of Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia, at The Opening, but said Ohio State’s offer was one that made him “have to do some serious thinking.” He’s hoping to commit before January, as he can enroll early.

Advertisement

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
80Raleigh, NC

Wide receiver Braxton Berrios (Raleigh, N.C./Leesville Road) loves Friday Night Lights. Last year, he shared the spotlight with Shelton Gibson during one-on-ones. He was at it again this year and it earned him an offer from the Buckeyes. The 5-foot-9, 181-pound Berrios named a top five of Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia, at The Opening, but said Ohio State’s offer was one that made him “have to do some serious thinking.” He’s hoping to commit before January, as he can enroll early.

Ha, who wrote that. In his interview he clearly stated Miami was in his top 6, * would make it a top 7.

Either way, would love to close with him and Dixon as I think Berrios gives us something unique in his skill set. Plus Kaaya loves the kid and think they can develop a nice chemistry.

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
80Raleigh, NC

Ha, who wrote that. In his interview he clearly stated Miami was in his top 6, * would make it a top 7.

Either way, would love to close with him and Dixon as I think Berrios gives us something unique in his skill set. Plus Kaaya loves the kid and think they can develop a nice chemistry.
espn

This kid is a player. He is going to be a matchup nightmare.

Think about 4 years from now (4 years..... jesus h christ....) ...Berrios in the slot, Dixon on one side, Langham on the other and Griffin as a hybrid passing TE or whatever. Thats ******* beastly.

Its also extra beastly to me because I think Dixon is as good a WR as anyone in this class. This kid is the truth and I think he will be a number 1 receiver on a Sunday team in a few years as well.

Advertisement
Moderator Statement:

Personal attacks on other posters will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

CanesInsight.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Names a top 5 and didn't even put us in it? OSU offer going to make him think hard?

Yet the kid gets a pass by people on here!?

Whatever, like someone else said, shouldn't be too hard to find a kid from S. FL that can play slot receiver if we really need to sign someone this year.

dude was begging for an offer probably to get something better. it was clear our staff isnt big on him. Honestly, though espn had bama and auburn as a 2 team race for deon bush and tracy howard signed sealed and delivered to gators.i am not worried about a 5'8 wr that are staff really doesnt seem big on. rather johnnie dixon

Advertisement
Back