Brad Kaaya

Was about to ask if he is still there! Thanks! This could be a huge weekend!:stormwarning:

Advertisement
He is still on his visit but told Rivals he is loving it.

Loves the staff, the scheme and South Beach. Said he can really see himself here and in this offense. Most importantly, the coaches are showering him with love and letting him know they really want him. For a quarterback with one offer, that means a lot.

The fact that the best offensive lineman in America just pledged his services doesn't hurt, either.

So were definitely taking 2 QBs?

I like it.

Loves the staff, the scheme and South Beach. Said he can really see himself here and in this offense. Most importantly, the coaches are showering him with love and letting him know they really want him. For a quarterback with one offer, that means a lot.

The fact that the best offensive lineman in America just pledged his services doesn't hurt, either.

This guys looks really good but there is nothing more deceiving about a QB recruit then his highlight film. Does anyone have a full game film?

Man this kid needs to commit already, there where articles about him being high on Stanford and UCLA but they have not offered even after he made several trips to their campus's. I think this it would really build momentum to land Sony with those monstrous linemen and another killer QB.

Go Canes!

I never had much faith in Dewey I think he will be the first to transfer out...to a small school in Texas
He had like and extra year of High school eligibility. and still was not a big time prospect...

Once you get behind its hard to catch up

Advertisement

So were definitely taking 2 QBs?

I like it.

Yes Golden has maintained this for a while, and said it again after Edouard committed

That kid went through more progressions during that highlight that Jacory did in 4 years here! That kid looks very good! I agree with d$ that his film looks better than the other 4 qbs on our roster. Kid is a natural.

I never had much faith in Dewey I think he will be the first to transfer out...to a small school in Texas
He had like and extra year of High school eligibility. and still was not a big time prospect...

Once you get behind its hard to catch up

Not a big time prospect? He was an Elite 11 quarterback and was selected for the UA game.

/he's underachieving big time

D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion.

His throwing motion is one that you will start seeing with a lot more kids. So many kids are being trained by NFA coaches from the Darin Slack academies. And this is the typ of motion that he they teach, leading a little more with the elbow than what others teach. He has a slight hitch but nothing that causes concern.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=qwa_qA9EpOI

Advertisement
D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion. I definitely think this kid has talent and is a very good player but lets not sell Olsen short. Olsen was playing with a bunchy of scrubs and was asked to do a lot more things in his offense

That's fair. I admit to being a little biased against Olsen because his personality concerns me. I really didn't like how he handled adversity in the All-Star game. He pouted like a kid who has had every advantage in life which, to be honest, he has. Again, this is me playing amateur psychologist but it concerns me.

In terms of skill, Olsen looked more athletic but I really like the complete ****nal Kaaya showed. Olsen was great on in-breaking routes but I prefer how Kaaya throws outside the numbers.

D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion.

His throwing motion is one that you will start seeing with a lot more kids. So many kids are being trained by NFA coaches from the Darin Slack academies. And this is the typ of motion that he they teach, leading a little more with the elbow than what others teach. He has a slight hitch but nothing that causes concern.

Interesting. Didnt view the throwing motion as negative just thought it looked a little different.

It took me awhile to get used too. My QB now was trained by someone from that branch and at first I didn't like it but now as I read up to some of the logic behind it, it makes sense.

True his OLine gave him some time, but I was surprised how often he pulled the trigger within 2 seconds. No thinking about it, no fartin' around, no hesitation. He saw it, and it was not only gone, but on the money. (Sorry D, just had to.)

Golden to date has been able to root around in the rocks and pull out some real nuggets. This young man may be one more real thang.

Advertisement

What's the theory behind that? More velocity?

This guys looks really good but there is nothing more deceiving about a QB recruit then his highlight film. Does anyone have a full game film?

Normally I would agree with you. Highlight videos can be deceiving. Keep in mind though that this kid supposedly threw for 70% completion overall with almost no interceptions. If you saw every play from all his games it sounds like he made very few poor throws. Maybe he threw incompletions, but he almost never threw to the wrong team.

Matador watch his hudl highlights and you will get your answers the video is about 10 mins play breakdowns. Also remember he was in a 2Qb system so that reduces his touches thus increasing his % completion when he plays well.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Now THAT is a good QB tape.

Kid is making every throw on the field, making his reads, going through progressions, etc. He's not just out there chuckin' the ball up.

HOLY **** this kid could be the steal of the year if we can pull this off. Guess the secret is going to be out of the bag soon. Now that we have offered, and with the kid starting to get noticed, he will probably have 20 offers by next fall. Looks like one of those kids who just explodes late and once someone finds him, and the tape gets around, it becomes a stampede to grab him. Hopefully by having found him first and given him the love, we will have earned that loyalty.

Interesting. Didnt view the throwing motion as negative just thought it looked a little different.

It took me awhile to get used too. My QB now was trained by someone from that branch and at first I didn't like it but now as I read up to some of the logic behind it, it makes sense.

No me gusta that throwing motion. Maybe I'll adjust to it. I'd like to understand the theory behind the change, if you're willing to share.

Advertisement
Back