Brad Kaaya

Lol @ cane305. I like Olsen. I just think their could be a hidden personality flaw in there. I like a competitor but I just didnt like his body language in that all star game. Maybe he is a Super duper competitor. I could be wrong. God knows I want this guy to be the one to bring us back to the glory days. (Or whoever)

You guys are tripping out way too hard about how a kid acts at an all star game.

Advertisement
Kaaya sounds like some Native-American or Hawaiian name.

hope we don't have another Teo situation

Boy, that's bigoted. We had some great Native-American players in the history of the U: Jim Wahnee and Andy Sixkiller in the '60's. There was a great Indian QB at Washington, I think, in the late '60's, early '70's: Sonny Sixkiller.

What's wrong from somebody from the Pacific Islands? Look at all the Samoans who have been great football players. I guarantee that a lot of the players whose families have lived in the south for generations have some Native-American ancestry.

That Te'o situation was pretty unique--how many people fall in love with a fictional woman on the internet without ever meeting a real person? That kid is really screwed up. Normal people don't do that. Does that have anything to do with his ethnic heritage?

Look at that kid from northern Nevada who committed to Washington a few years ago without even having an offer? He did the hat trick in front of a full HS gymnasium and made a complete *** out of himself. He was not Indian or Hawaiian from what I could tell. Self-delusion can come about in any ethnic group.

Bradford is Cherokee Indian.

He's only about 1/16 or 1/32 Indian, as I recall from reading the articles. As I indicated in another post, we had some starters at DB back in the '60's who were full-blooded Indian. they were from Oklahoma, as I recall. One was a real star, Andy Sixkiller.

What a name!!!!! Andy Sixkiller? Are you kidding me? I nominate that for best Cane name ever! Lol!

According to ESPN

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college-football/rumors/

Miami may be close to adding a verbal commitment from a 2014 quarterback. Brad Kaaya (West Hills, Calif./Chaminade College Prep) received his first offer from Miami. And the signal caller is close to giving his verbal pledge. "It's enticing and I kind of want to (commit)," Kaaya told Adam Gorney of Rivals.com. "I'm going to wait just for my mother's sake. She doesn't want that right now but Miami is definitely my first choice."

The link doesn't lead to a story about 2014 Cali QB Brad Kaaya.

Can you or someone post the correct the link.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
What a name!!!!! Andy Sixkiller? Are you kidding me? I nominate that for best Cane name ever! Lol!

You should go and get Jim Martz' history book about the Canes. Andy Sixkiller was a very fine player for us in the mid-60's. I think he transferred from an Oklahoma Juco. We also had another Indian DB, Jim Wahnee.

In the late '60's, one of the best players in the country was Sonny Sixkiller, a QB for Washington. He was from Oklahoma originally, though he grew up in Oregon. Maybe he was related to Andy Sixkiller.

Hee's a link to a great article on Sonny Sixkiller:

http://sportspressnw.com/2124772/2011/wayback-machine-sonny-sixkiller-becomes-an-icon

Here's a scanned article from the Miami News in 1964 about the very sturdy defense we had that year:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2206&dat=19641115&id=2JMzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=N-kFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3661,4410566

Last edited:
Bradford is Cherokee Indian.

He's only about 1/16 or 1/32 Indian, as I recall from reading the articles. As I indicated in another post, we had some starters at DB back in the '60's who were full-blooded Indian. they were from Oklahoma, as I recall. One was a real star, Andy Sixkiller.

We should see if he has any kids, or at the minimum have him come in to flip the coin at the FSU game.

I knew a Ranger named FourKiller.

Four my ***.

He could do four before the midmorning break.

Last edited:
Lol @ cane305. I like Olsen. I just think their could be a hidden personality flaw in there. I like a competitor but I just didnt like his body language in that all star game. Maybe he is a Super duper competitor. I could be wrong. God knows I want this guy to be the one to bring us back to the glory days. (Or whoever)

You guys are tripping out way too hard about how a kid acts at an all star game.

You ain't lying.

Advertisement

You ain't lying.

I am happy as **** to have Olsen. Lord knows we need him to be the truth. But a decade of quarterback busts has me paranoid.

Quarterback talk? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!!!

There's a DT meltdown going on right now!!!!1!!!!

You ain't lying.

So we've got a guy evaluating a kid based off of his BODY LANGUAGE in an ALL-STAR GAME. Holy ****. That's like two powerful dumbass storms combining to form a Superstorm Sandy of retardation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion. I definitely think this kid has talent and is a very good player but lets not sell Olsen short. Olsen was playing with a bunchy of scrubs and was asked to do a lot more things in his offense

That's fair. I admit to being a little biased against Olsen because his personality concerns me. I really didn't like how he handled adversity in the All-Star game. He pouted like a kid who has had every advantage in life which, to be honest, he has. Again, this is me playing amateur psychologist but it concerns me.

In terms of skill, Olsen looked more athletic but I really like the complete ****nal Kaaya showed. Olsen was great on in-breaking routes but I prefer how Kaaya throws outside the numbers.

**** boy you nailed everything lol

Also, I've said it before but no matter what happens with Golden I wouldn't mind keeping Coley at OC. I think his play calling will improve and he has the eye to find a complete stud at QB in the other side of the country before anyone else. It's the most important position in football and Coley's evaluation of it is extremely valuable.

Someone list all the MEDIOCRE TO AWFUL QBs we've had since Dorsey... :suspicion:

Advertisement
Back