Brad Kaaya

why does this kid have no offers

266.jpg

Advertisement
D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion.

His throwing motion is one that you will start seeing with a lot more kids. So many kids are being trained by NFA coaches from the Darin Slack academies. And this is the typ of motion that he they teach, leading a little more with the elbow than what others teach. He has a slight hitch but nothing that causes concern.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=qwa_qA9EpOI

Interesting. Didnt view the throwing motion as negative just thought it looked a little different.

It took me awhile to get used too. My QB now was trained by someone from that branch and at first I didn't like it but now as I read up to some of the logic behind it, it makes sense.

No me gusta that throwing motion. Maybe I'll adjust to it. I'd like to understand the theory behind the change, if you're willing to share.

His first couple reps in the video I posted is a little different, but if you look at the 32 second mark those are more like I am referring to. Smart football did a blog on this recently.

http://smartfootball.com/uncategorized/improving-a-quarterbacks-throwing-motion

I never had much faith in Dewey I think he will be the first to transfer out...to a small school in Texas
He had like and extra year of High school eligibility. and still was not a big time prospect...

Once you get behind its hard to catch up

Not a big time prospect? He was an Elite 11 quarterback and was selected for the UA game.

/he's underachieving big time

Dewey is in his 2nd year here. He has 4 years to go to develop. Maybe he is a game qb and something special comes out when the lights come on.
Back in the early 80's when you saw Bernie and Vinnie at practice you would never have thought Bernie was the starter with Vinnie out running like a gazelle, spinning 50-60 yard darts and looking like the second coming of John Elway and Bernie looking like.....Bernie.

You have to give the qb's time to develop. Dorsey's come around once a generation.

His throwing motion is one that you will start seeing with a lot more kids. So many kids are being trained by NFA coaches from the Darin Slack academies. And this is the typ of motion that he they teach, leading a little more with the elbow than what others teach. He has a slight hitch but nothing that causes concern.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=qwa_qA9EpOI

Interesting. Didnt view the throwing motion as negative just thought it looked a little different.

It took me awhile to get used too. My QB now was trained by someone from that branch and at first I didn't like it but now as I read up to some of the logic behind it, it makes sense.

No me gusta that throwing motion. Maybe I'll adjust to it. I'd like to understand the theory behind the change, if you're willing to share.

His first couple reps in the video I posted is a little different, but if you look at the 32 second mark those are more like I am referring to. Smart football did a blog on this recently.

Just read through that. Doesn't seem like that's a significant change from what I've seen of clean releases. What am I missing? By the way, when I noted something off about the kid's release above, it didn't look like what I envision from that article (which references Brees, who has my favorite release). I grew up watching Marino, so I'm biased to short motions where the QB isn't necessarily holding the ball by his earhole (a Spurrier QB thing, for example).

If anyone wants to enjoy athletic art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Just read through that. Doesn't seem like that's a significant change from what I've seen of clean releases. What am I missing? By the way, when I noted something off about the kid's release above, it didn't look like what I envision from that article (which references Brees, who has my favorite release). I grew up watching Marino, so I'm biased to short motions where the QB isn't necessarily holding the ball by his earhole (a Spurrier QB thing, for example).

If anyone wants to enjoy athletic art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

QB ****

Advertisement
D he's a good player but its a stretch to say his tape puts Olsens to shame. He doesn't look 6'4 to me and has an interesting throwing motion. I definitely think this kid has talent and is a very good player but lets not sell Olsen short. Olsen was playing with a bunchy of scrubs and was asked to do a lot more things in his offense

That's fair. I admit to being a little biased against Olsen because his personality concerns me. I really didn't like how he handled adversity in the All-Star game. He pouted like a kid who has had every advantage in life which, to be honest, he has. Again, this is me playing amateur psychologist but it concerns me.

In terms of skill, Olsen looked more athletic but I really like the complete ****nal Kaaya showed. Olsen was great on in-breaking routes but I prefer how Kaaya throws outside the numbers.

He was the better QB on his (Olsen) all-star team...the others sucked...He got zero rhythem...In an all starr game you can't change qbs every series maybe quarters or after 3 - 4 series

Why does this Kaya kid have no offers but UM???

(my brain is fried today, so if I am talking in circles give me the heads up)

Slack doesn't teach to hold it up the ear. He wants them to hold it by right at their rear pec. Trying to eliminate the long motion.

Some HS qb's that are trained by NFA trainers are Chase Litton, Morgan Mahalak, Max Staver (UF signee), Every single QB out of Jenks...There are a lot more but I can't remember them right now.

According to ESPN

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college-football/rumors/

Miami may be close to adding a verbal commitment from a 2014 quarterback. Brad Kaaya (West Hills, Calif./Chaminade College Prep) received his first offer from Miami. And the signal caller is close to giving his verbal pledge. "It's enticing and I kind of want to (commit)," Kaaya told Adam Gorney of Rivals.com. "I'm going to wait just for my mother's sake. She doesn't want that right now but Miami is definitely my first choice."

Advertisement
If you got "next Aaron Rodgers" rather than "next overlooked QB from California who didn't get (m)any offers" out of that .jpg (See: Butte college hoodie), then lulz.

Last edited:
I never had much faith in Dewey I think he will be the first to transfer out...to a small school in Texas
He had like and extra year of High school eligibility. and still was not a big time prospect...

Not a big time prospect? He was an Elite 11 quarterback and was selected for the UA game.

Dewey is in his 2nd year here. He has 4 years to go to develop. Maybe he is a game qb and something special comes out when the lights come on.
Back in the early 80's when you saw Bernie and Vinnie at practice you would never have thought Bernie was the starter with Vinnie out running like a gazelle, spinning 50-60 yard darts and looking like the second coming of John Elway and Bernie looking like.....Bernie.

You have to give the qb's time to develop. Dorsey's come around once a generation.

Giving up on Dewey is incredibly stupid at this point. It doesn't deserve much response other than stating it is incredibly stupid.

Advertisement
It would be good if he committed but we are his firsrt and i think still his only offer so its too early to get excited

Advertisement

Giving up on Dewey is incredibly stupid at this point. It doesn't deserve much response other than stating it is incredibly stupid.

Crow is the one to watch if he is the 3rd string in a year behind Olsen and Dewey so he may just transfer

Advertisement
Back