Brad Kaaya

Advertisement
Kid really impressed me as a QB. I feel that him and Alin would be an exceptional QB haul, good job by Coley offering both and making good evalutations. Kaaya makes good throws and has nice pocket presence...no question more offers will come. Who are the national QBs we have offered again? I remember one or two of them have us in their top 5

I like how he changes up throws. From the tape I have seen Eduards has a good arm but puts a little too much air under his throws. Nothing that can't be fixed, but this kid will get over top of the ball (like on the first play) for throws approaching 40 yards, which is pretty **** good. Others he will drop in there with good touch without throwing a moon ball.

Kid looks good. Don't really like he is in the gun on everyone of those plays except for one though.

Advertisement
6'4" 213 lbs. from Chaminade HS, West Hills, CA

Class of 2014 QB

Here's a tidbit from the LA Times blog

Forgive me, because I don't want to jinx him, but I have to point out that 6-foot-4 junior quarterback Brad Kaaya of West Hills Chaminade has yet to have a pass intercepted this season. Stunning.

He has completed 71% of his passes for 1,762 yards and 11 touchdowns going into Chaminade's Western Division championship game on Friday against Gardena Serra.

He is so much more comfortable and efficient than the last time he faced Serra in a Mission League game on Oct. 5. Chaminade won because it ran the ball successfully in the second half. This time, Kaaya will be ready to provide support.

"He's getting better every week and the offense is getting better every week," Coach Ed Croson said. "He's had great protection this year. It's pretty rare to throw that many passes and not get any in the wrong hands."

College recruiters are taking notice. Stanford had a recruiter at Chaminade's game last week looking at Kaaya, who has outstanding academic credentials.

-- Eric Sondheimer

I am running out, so I can't get to deep into this topic right now but the long and short of Kaaya's situation is.

Kaaya was at another school for his Fresh & Soph year an sat the bench behind another FBS type QB so he transferred to where he is now and at that school they had Dual Threat QB that ended up being the starter and was killing it but then he got hurt an Kaaya got his shot, he played so well that they ended up using a 2 QB system when the other QB came back from his injury. This is another reason why I am thinking Kaaya would be perfect for UM's QB depth situation he has been in other situations where he has had to wait his turn while fighting for a starting spot.

Go Canes!

Kaaya Transfers to Chaminade Hs (Cali)
http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2012/09/28/hs-football-kaaya-passes-for-3/

Brad Kaaya Makes impression
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/04/sports/la-sp-sondheimer-column-20121005

Advertisement
I am running out, so I can't get to deep into this topic right now but the long and short of Kaaya's situation is.

Kaaya was at another school for his Fresh & Soph year an sat the bench behind another FBS type QB so he transferred to where he is now and at that school they had Dual Threat QB that ended up being the starter and was killing it but then he got hurt an Kaaya got his shot, he played so well that they ended up using a 2 QB system when the other QB came back from his injury. This is another reason why I am thinking Kaaya would be perfect for UM's QB depth situation he has been in other situations where he has had to wait his turn while fighting for a starting spot.

Go Canes!

Kaaya Transfers to Chaminade Hs (Cali)
http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2012/09/28/hs-football-kaaya-passes-for-3/

Brad Kaaya Makes impression
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/04/sports/la-sp-sondheimer-column-20121005

California has the sit out a year rule when you transfer, so he must have left after freshman year. Who is the other qb he shares time with

Haven't seen much discussion on this California quarterback, but when James Coley came on board Miami offered him his first and only scholarship. He's on campus visiting right now.

I just watched his tape, and I'm trying to figure out how we're his only offer. This highlight reel puts Olsen, Dewey, Crow and even Eduoard's to shame. Obviously, there's more to a quarterback than just hand-picked highlights. But his stats were outstanding (close to 70% completion, didn't throw a pick until the championship game) and he is getting attention from the Ivy Leagues.

What really impress me are his eyes. Look at the play at 2:57. He has three verticals on the right, comes all the way across field, sees the fourth receiver break off his route, and then drops it perfectly between the corner and the safety. Pretty **** good for a high school junior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZAsGd9qJk

I beg your pardon??

Advertisement
That's how you play the qb position. Me want, yes he had great protection, but it's what he does with the protection, how he moved within the pocket, and made the right reads, looked off receivers, didn't lock on one guy, some nice touch throws on the sideline. Give me that all day and twice on Sunday!!

He looks in the direction of a couple of receivers and you think he will throw to the closer receiver because the other receiver beyond him is too far, and then he throws to that one that looks too far--on the dime. He seems to have incredible arm strength, and he makes the hardest throws look easy. Very, very good accuracy, even though it's only highlights. Still, if he's around 70% completions with almost no interceptions, you know his accuracy has got to be superior.

He's not like Ken Dorsey. Ken Dorsey never had this arm strength.

How could this guy go under the radar like that? I hope the fact we were on him early makes a difference.

Will watch the clips later, but from the previous comments sounds like the perfect compliment to Edourd.

Advertisement
Will watch the clips later, but from the previous comments sounds like the perfect compliment to Edourd.

If your going to watch any of his clips, watch the ones on HUDL, they breakdown every QB throw and route the wr's run I have never seen it done like that before it is an excellent idea for a highlight tape. It shows the type of analytical mind this kid has as well as those around him guiding him through the recruiting process, I definitely want him as UM commit.

Go Canes

Brad Kaaya Passing Highlights with breakdowns by pass play
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1269507/highlights/42432373

If your going to watch any of his clips, watch the ones on HUDL, they breakdown every QB throw and route the wr's run I have never seen it done like that before it is an excellent idea for a highlight tape. It shows the type of analytical mind this kid has as well as those around him guiding him through the recruiting process, I definitely want him as UM commit.

Go Canes

Brad Kaaya Passing Highlights with breakdowns by pass play
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1269507/highlights/42432373

Thanks will watch when I get home, not allowed to view streaming media at work.

He is still on his visit but told Rivals he is loving it.

Loves the staff, the scheme and South Beach. Said he can really see himself here and in this offense. Most importantly, the coaches are showering him with love and letting him know they really want him. For a quarterback with one offer, that means a lot.

The fact that the best offensive lineman in America just pledged his services doesn't hurt, either.

Advertisement
Back