Brad Kaaya

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Haven't seen much discussion on this California quarterback, but when James Coley came on board Miami offered him his first and only scholarship. He's on campus visiting right now.

I just watched his tape, and I'm trying to figure out how we're his only offer. This highlight reel puts Olsen, Dewey, Crow and even Eduoard's to shame. Obviously, there's more to a quarterback than just hand-picked highlights. But his stats were outstanding (close to 70% completion, didn't throw a pick until the championship game) and he is getting attention from the Ivy Leagues.

What really impress me are his eyes. Look at the play at 2:57. He has three verticals on the right, comes all the way across field, sees the fourth receiver break off his route, and then drops it perfectly between the corner and the safety. Pretty **** good for a high school junior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZAsGd9qJk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow. How tall is he? Looks very poised in the pocket, goes thru progressions, good mechanics from what I see. His recruitment will probably catch on fire.

This guy is solid. His 40 yard passes look effortless. I will say, his O-line gave him all day! I'm sure they have some great coaches there at Chaminade. Would take.

Advertisement
If Dewey is really behind Crow on the depth chart and that's not just some motivational ploy for Dewey or hard work reward for Crow then we've got to sign a legit low floor guy and nail it. I like Fisch but it sounds like he didn't do the roster any favors in that deptartment *IF* Dewey is really behind Crow. Edit - haven't watched the clips above yet, will do so later.

Advertisement
If Dewey is really behind Crow on the depth chart and that's not just some motivational ploy for Dewey or hard work reward for Crow then we've got to sign a legit low floor guy and nail it. I like Fisch but it sounds like he didn't do the roster any favors in that deptartment *IF* Dewey is really behind Crow. Edit - haven't watched the clips above yet, will do so later.

Dewey is behind Crow?

Dewey is behind Crow?

From Miami Herald 5 days ago: "Gray is a little bit ahead of Preston right now,” Golden said of the two redshirt freshmen. “So Gray is competing with Ryan. Stephen [ Morris] is clearly the No. 1, but Ryan and Gray are fighting for No. 2.”

He looks awesome. Excellent footwork and great touch. Looks incredibly accurate too. Don't think I saw anyone stop in their route. Everybody was on the move when they caught the ball. He's got the mustard to get it there, but it also looks really "catchable".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only thing I didn't like was how he was coming out of the shotgun every snap and I'm not sure about his mobility but he looks to be the real deal.

Wow.

Can't wait to see more of this kid this year but I would love a 2 QB haul of him and Edouard. Kid has a nice arm and good size.

Advertisement
Only watched half the video. Oh my.... Sign him up nownownow! His footwork, technique, and general style looks like Peyton to me. Not just making a comparison for comparisons sake. It just jumped out at me.

Looks like a sound decision maker, stays calm in the pocket, nice touch. Ryan Williams had the same qualities coming out of HS....

I can see a bit more zip on the ball than RW though.

Advertisement
Back