Beta Blake strikes again...

Is it time to gas up da plane?

da plane.png

Advertisement
I'm not sure whether you are dense, or you are just acting dense.

Again, you chose to respond like a clown and act like it was about "walking". If I cared about "walking less", I'd buy passes for the black lot. I can afford to, and my Hurricane Club priority level would have allowed me to (in March).

I don't know what you think "early tailgating traditions" are. The reason why there are different parking lots is because there are different groups of people who are looking for different pre-game experiences. If you want to show up 30 minutes before the game, park close, and walk less, then by all means, purchase the black parking pass.

But there are thousands of UM alums who have, for years, chosen to tailgate in groups that do not require some pre-game convoy logistics so that all the cars can enter at the same time. The "early entry" and "non-directional parking" allow groups of tailgaters to arrive at different times, park together, and set up large-scale tailgating, with tents and grills and tables. If you just want to tailgate with the people in your car, that is great, and this thread will not interest you.

And this is not just the people parking in Green who are involved. There are plenty of people who tailgate in the Green lot who park elsewhere and join one of the large groups in the Green lot. And if you don't park in the Green lot, you have no idea that HRS built a bunch of shacks over the last few years which sell food, beer, and merchandise.

As for whether this was an "executive decision made solely by Beta Blake", you are again missing the point. I don't care if he set up a committee. He signed off on the final decision, and he waited until a couple of weeks before the season to announce the decision. If you choose to believe that "Formula One" just happened a few weeks ago, that's up to you.

This isn't a complicated situation for HRS. If they want to take the same plot of land that has existed since the 1980s, and then build a training facility and a tennis center and a Formula One racetrack on the same plot of land, then it is time to build a parking garage or three. We all realize that people don't tailgate for Dolphins training camp or the Tennis Tournament or Formula One. By all means, allow the people who don't tailgate for football to park in a garage so that their cars stay shaded and they don't have to walk.

But it's a big Beta Blake mistake to **** off thousands of UM alums who have been tailgating in large groups for decades. And, for what, to cater to the crowd who thinks that tailgating is the same as taking a football out of your car and throwing it around in the parking lot?

It's funny to see some of the clown responses in this thread. The pricing differential for the various lots is minimal. The difference in walking is minimal.

Beta Blake could have addressed this months ago and given people a chance to change their plans and their tailgating arrangements. He did not do so. Again, it is just the latest of Beta Blake's MANY mistakes and arrogant miscalculations.

You just wrote a 9 paragraph dissertation about the location of your parking space.

Advertisement
I'm not sure whether you are dense, or you are just acting dense.

Again, you chose to respond like a clown and act like it was about "walking". If I cared about "walking less", I'd buy passes for the black lot. I can afford to, and my Hurricane Club priority level would have allowed me to (in March).

I don't know what you think "early tailgating traditions" are. The reason why there are different parking lots is because there are different groups of people who are looking for different pre-game experiences. If you want to show up 30 minutes before the game, park close, and walk less, then by all means, purchase the black parking pass.

But there are thousands of UM alums who have, for years, chosen to tailgate in groups that do not require some pre-game convoy logistics so that all the cars can enter at the same time. The "early entry" and "non-directional parking" allow groups of tailgaters to arrive at different times, park together, and set up large-scale tailgating, with tents and grills and tables. If you just want to tailgate with the people in your car, that is great, and this thread will not interest you.

And this is not just the people parking in Green who are involved. There are plenty of people who tailgate in the Green lot who park elsewhere and join one of the large groups in the Green lot. And if you don't park in the Green lot, you have no idea that HRS built a bunch of shacks over the last few years which sell food, beer, and merchandise.

As for whether this was an "executive decision made solely by Beta Blake", you are again missing the point. I don't care if he set up a committee. He signed off on the final decision, and he waited until a couple of weeks before the season to announce the decision. If you choose to believe that "Formula One" just happened a few weeks ago, that's up to you.

This isn't a complicated situation for HRS. If they want to take the same plot of land that has existed since the 1980s, and then build a training facility and a tennis center and a Formula One racetrack on the same plot of land, then it is time to build a parking garage or three. We all realize that people don't tailgate for Dolphins training camp or the Tennis Tournament or Formula One. By all means, allow the people who don't tailgate for football to park in a garage so that their cars stay shaded and they don't have to walk.

But it's a big Beta Blake mistake to **** off thousands of UM alums who have been tailgating in large groups for decades. And, for what, to cater to the crowd who thinks that tailgating is the same as taking a football out of your car and throwing it around in the parking lot?

It's funny to see some of the clown responses in this thread. The pricing differential for the various lots is minimal. The difference in walking is minimal.

Beta Blake could have addressed this months ago and given people a chance to change their plans and their tailgating arrangements. He did not do so. Again, it is just the latest of Beta Blake's MANY mistakes and arrogant miscalculations.
I understand your upset..but us canes adapt and make due. Im sure you and your contingent will figure out a way to still enjoy the Canes games

You just wrote a 9 paragraph dissertation about the location of your parking space.

No I didn't.

It's not my parking space. If I wanted to park closer, I have the Hurricane Club priority and money to do so.

It's a tailgate lot. If you want to throw the Nerf football around behind your parking spot, knock yourself out.

I understand your upset..but us canes adapt and make due. Im sure you and your contingent will figure out a way to still enjoy the Canes games

"Adapt and make due". Sure. Two weeks before the season.

And you can minimize "my contingent" all you want. I'm sure all of the other Power Five schools are moving their alum tailgate lots farther away from the stadiums. Yeah, makes sense. Make room for non-alums who pay slightly more (Blue) or slightly less (Orange). Brilliant. I'm sure that Clemson and Alabama will be copying Beta Blake's strategery by next year.

It's very simple. If all of the non-alum non-tailgaters don't care, then that's fine. Find another thread to vent about "the linebackers" or "Rumph".

But this is why we have the AD, and the President, and the team that we have had for the past 20 years. Because we have too many "fans" who just bend over and "adapt".

Advertisement
He doesn’t know man..he jumped the conclusion that beta Blake had the final say on this

I'm just curious, are you a UM alum? Do you have friends that you went to UM with who now work at UM?

And since you know so much about how UM operates, tell me who had the "final say" on UM parking lot allocations? Frenk? The Board of Trustees? Jenn Strawley? The UM Public Safety Department?

I don't care if Beta Blake delegated this to Ed Reed to make him the fall guy, he still approved the decision and the late communication.

"Adapt and make due". Sure. Two weeks before the season.

And you can minimize "my contingent" all you want. I'm sure all of the other Power Five schools are moving their alum tailgate lots farther away from the stadiums. Yeah, makes sense. Make room for non-alums who pay slightly more (Blue) or slightly less (Orange). Brilliant. I'm sure that Clemson and Alabama will be copying Beta Blake's strategery by next year.

It's very simple. If all of the non-alum non-tailgaters don't care, then that's fine. Find another thread to vent about "the linebackers" or "Rumph".

But this is why we have the AD, and the President, and the team that we have had for the past 20 years. Because we have too many "fans" who just bend over and "adapt".
But my man.. your missing the point. I’m willing to bet my Bama ticket that this decision wasn’t soley Blake’s too make. I understand your upset. But aim the your fury about Tailgating and parking in the correct direction..and admittedly I don’t know what direction that is so I can’t help you..but subsequently neither do you…this change has nothing todo with why we’ve been mediocre the past 20 year..get a grip

I'm just curious, are you a UM alum? Do you have friends that you went to UM with who now work at UM?

And since you know so much about how UM operates, tell me who had the "final say" on UM parking lot allocations? Frenk? The Board of Trustees? Jenn Strawley? The UM Public Safety Department?

I don't care if Beta Blake delegated this to Ed Reed to make him the fall guy, he still approved the decision and the late communication.
Not a alum. And Doesn’t matter to me if you went to the school, played, or know somebody who works at the school..I grew a canes fan like a lot of ppl on this board…but as I said you and your contingency will be fine.

Here's my unsolicited opinion:

It was ****** of them to sell parking passes knowing this was going to change. People make plans like @TheOriginalCane and others as well.

I do not partake in tailgating and I rarely attend, but they'd be getting an earful if they pulled this sht with me. Every. Single. Game.

Advertisement
Considering green is made up of people who get there early, smart move. Gives you all plenty of time to hoof it into the stadium, even if you're totally **** faced. Others will be able to fly in last minute and get closer while all the hooligans are off to the side.

Problem solved, I like it.

Just joking around here.

Advertisement
Try thinking it through instead of scratching your head.

Hard Rock decides how many spaces are available.

UM decides how to allocate the available space across the various parking pass levels that it offers. Green/Orange/Blue/Black/Yellow are UM decisions, not HRS decisions.
Ok..scratching my head as to why this is a big plucking deal then? Lol! Y’all coming to games to tailgate or watch the game? You guys will complain about anything. After a year of not being at home games because of Covid you would think fans would be running in droves back to HRS not complaining about BJames and this ****. Smh.

Let me butt in here. I think this has to do with respect for Cane tradition. Our fan base includes people who feel bonded to the team by past shared experiences. We are not like some fan bases that simply buy their seats and passes and are seen in the stands. We have people who show up hours before the game and set up with friends they only see on game day but whom they view as close family. The green lot is not 2000 random parking spaces, it is a tribal village shared by like-thinking folks of all races, religions, and who have one thing in common-there are Canes over here.

The AD should recognize this and have gone to the mat to protect it. Even if a few folks in Mercedes had to walk a little further……

Am I right?

Advertisement
Back