Beta Blake strikes again...

I strongly suspect it's not. If the Athletic Department was really concerned about efficiently accommodating early arrival, they'd actually move the green lot closer to the stadium, not further away. Doing so would provide one hour where the inside spots closest to the physical stadium (i.e., the longest distance to travel in the traffic quagmire that is HRS on even a half-full game day) are being filled, making it easier/faster to fill up all of the outside spots. Logically, we know this is the case, because it is exactly how they fill up the non-directional lots (i.e., inside out).

I also strongly suspect the Athletic Department is merely providing this BS excuse and hoping fans are too dumb/tired/excited/complacent to realize it is BS.

BIngo.

Advertisement
Ha. Yeah, I lurk during a portion of the offseason after Spring. But, read the boards every day, basically. I'm ready to rock now. Started watching all of last year's games. I vomited a couple times, but I'm watching. Will give more detail in the coming weeks, but my 2021 outlook is largely dependent on wtf we decide to do with the defense. Even prior to the UNC game, I soured on our approach.

Was hopeful after 2018 and it's only been large steps back since then. The choice to play wild upfront schemes and match that with some of our coverages (and predictable, delayed blitzes) just doesn't lend itself well to where I presume we want to go. Manny blitzed less gratuitously in 2018, but he also had Gerald Willis doing unique things in the middle of his defense. I don't believe we can rely on those type of things to win big games. So, either Schoop/TRob help Manny change some of that, or I think we'll see a lot of the same rollercoaster effect with the occasional trainwreck game.
awesome. glad you are going to be re-engaged a-gain. i did the re-watching already and my significantly less knowledgeable and significantly less experienced eyes also made me want to vomit. here are my amateur findings. look forwards to yours.

Based on what I could find on a quick search online, it looks like the final approval was not given by the Miami Gardens commissioners until mid-April 2021 (see link). However, it also looks like the actual track layout had been finalized and published since at least January 2020 (see link).

Even assuming UM had no indication of how the commissioners were voting until the vote took place (which, frankly, would be evidence of an even greater level of incompetence by our AD), they knew the track layout back in January 2020. A competent AD would have been in a position to start planning contingencies back then and done so. I can't fathom why the Athletic Department would need another 4 months to make this announcement.

The simplest answer may be they didn't actually need the 4 months, but were purposefully delaying the announcement to a later, more favorable time (i.e., when more tickets had been paid for, there'd be less time to do anything about it, and we'd be closer to playing games and potentially minimizing negative fan reaction). That, or it was sheer incompetence and the timing never crossed their minds because our Athletic Department is run by a bunch of unqualified suits. It's honestly a coin flip with this group.
the philosophy was it was easier for them to pen that area open the extra hour earlier and keep it non directional. (park where you want). this was planned out, The rep even said that but its temporary

Here's the canned response I received from the Hurricanes Ticket Office's "Client Experience Department" via e-mail this afternoon (about 24 hours after my initial e-mail to them):

As you know, Hard Rock Stadium is currently undergoing construction on a F-1 racetrack that has significant impacts on our parking operations for the 2021 football season.

We understand that our green lot season ticket holders are some of our most loyal fans. Their passion to celebrate the U with their friends and family as well as being the first at the stadium each game day is what makes our tailgate traditions one of the best atmospheres in the NCAA. With that said, in order to keep the green lot traditions of early entry and non-directional parking, we needed to alter the location for the 2021 season.

We do apologize for the timing, but this construction project has been evolving throughout the entire summer. With that said, we received our finalized map this week and shared it with fans immediately.

Thank you for your understanding during this process and we cannot wait to see you at Hard Rock Stadium this fall.

A BS apology full of meaningless platitudes? Check.
Failure to raise any alternative solution? Check.
Zero attempt/offer to make it right? Check.
An unbelievable lie and/or clever word play regarding a "finalized map" that "we" received "this week"? Check.

I am a season ticket holder and it was not shared with me. Until I read this thread, was not aware of this change. As usual, the UM Athletic department gets an "F".

Advertisement
I’ve been in the green lot nearly ten years, every single game with a large group. I’m not happy about being moved but how do you know that Hard Rock Stadium knew the exact plans of where the track was going to go? They could’ve just found out a week ago. As tenants there, Blake James isn’t the one calling the shots.
The way I look at it. You still get to tailgate. Since the early 90s Ive never cared where I tailgate as long as I get to tailgate. People just get off on crying....

The biggest issue this presents is the fact that those of us that live north of the stadium now no longer have easy access to hop on the turnpike after games. They block off the road on 199th.

Can’t wait to head west towards Walmart on 199th and be subjected to a **** ton of traffic just to get to the extension.

Blake James and the **** poor continued lack of communication is unacceptable. This will now be a major pain in the ***.

Further to the above and also not mentioned yet….

Those coming from the north, just waiting til you get to attempt to enter this lot. 5 hours before the game, two way, multi laned traffic moving both directions on 199th. Yes…. It’s a ****show. Good luck lining up to get in now….

I attended the GreenDay concert that had 30-40k at the Rock. Trying to get into that lot then…**** near causes an accident every time.

Im demanding a refund for both of my green lot passes. Im better off giving up the hour and parking in the yellow cash lots and walking over to see my crew.

….I’m sure beta won’t be inconvenienced in the slightest. Total *****!

Here's the canned response I received from the Hurricanes Ticket Office's "Client Experience Department" via e-mail this afternoon (about 24 hours after my initial e-mail to them):

As you know, Hard Rock Stadium is currently undergoing construction on a F-1 racetrack that has significant impacts on our parking operations for the 2021 football season.

We understand that our green lot season ticket holders are some of our most loyal fans. Their passion to celebrate the U with their friends and family as well as being the first at the stadium each game day is what makes our tailgate traditions one of the best atmospheres in the NCAA. With that said, in order to keep the green lot traditions of early entry and non-directional parking, we needed to alter the location for the 2021 season.

We do apologize for the timing, but this construction project has been evolving throughout the entire summer. With that said, we received our finalized map this week and shared it with fans immediately.

Thank you for your understanding during this process and we cannot wait to see you at Hard Rock Stadium this fall.

A BS apology full of meaningless platitudes? Check.
Failure to raise any alternative solution? Check.
Zero attempt/offer to make it right? Check.
An unbelievable lie and/or clever word play regarding a "finalized map" that "we" received "this week"? Check.

Completely agree on your summation. Several of those paragraphs were included, verbatim, in the response that I received.

There was absolutely NO requirement to move the Green Lot. Most of the people arrive BEFORE the other lots are open, so there are no traffic issues. And the non-directional parking is a non-issue. Once we drive through the gate, we are off the road and out of anyone's way. There aren't even any parking lot workers required, since we all pick our own spots.

I laughed at the use of "passive voice" on the "we received our finalized map" falsehood. As if Hard Rock Stadium told them where to put our alums. Ridiculous.

Why is tailgating only allowed in Green? It’s easy enough to open a yellow lot for tailgating only too for this season.

Advertisement
Not sure I can recall a professional sports team stadium that has a parking garage, come to think of it. It’d be a nightmare to get out of a garage after the game and it’d make tailgating nearly impossible in the garage. It’s a shame that after doing so many things right to the stadium and the overpass to connect to the lots to the East, Stephen Ross succumbed to greed and forced this race car **** and tennis nonsense in the limited stadium acreage. So if you live north of the stadium you’re now forced out to University Drive instead of the Turnpike?

He should have called every single fan to make sure no one was inconvenienced.

15 - 0 !!
D0EC7FB7-EC8C-4C06-A019-23F917C21BDF.jpeg

Im very upset about this. I’ve got to walk a long distance to the other side of the stadium now to get to my seats. What’s the point of having club level seats, giving generously to the Hurricane club and not even getting an opportunity to park inside the stadium. They kicked us across the street! Parking should be based on your tier and points accumulated…if not, what’s the incentive to Donate if you’re being sent to Walmart Across the street

Advertisement
This thread delivers.

I would like to submit that all the green lot tailgaters get to party on the field pre-game until warm-ups. At that time, they will be asked to head to their seats.

This should be a fair compromise.

This thread delivers.

I would like to submit that all the green lot tailgaters get to party on the field pre-game until warm-ups. At that time, they will be asked to head to their seats.

This should be a fair compromise.

We need to get you a job at the Hecht asap. @Hecht Mole, I know you're in here. Pass the resume on and put in a good word for @SayWhat.

Not sure I can recall a professional sports team stadium that has a parking garage, come to think of it. It’d be a nightmare to get out of a garage after the game and it’d make tailgating nearly impossible in the garage. It’s a shame that after doing so many things right to the stadium and the overpass to connect to the lots to the East, Stephen Ross succumbed to greed and forced this race car **** and tennis nonsense in the limited stadium acreage. So if you live north of the stadium you’re now forced out to University Drive instead of the Turnpike?
Miami Marlins says hello..and yes it’s a ***** down there

Advertisement
Yankee stadium has Garage parking and it’s fine. I was there yesterday for the Red Sox game. People tailgate on the top floors and I was home in 40 mins and live 20 miles away. Met Life Giants/Jets you can tailgate in all the lots, I still don’t understand just Green at the Miami games.

Yankee stadium has Garage parking and it’s fine. I was there yesterday for the Red Sox game. People tailgate on the top floors and I was home in 40 mins and live 20 miles away. Met Life Giants/Jets you can tailgate in all the lots, I still don’t understand just Green at the Miami games.
You drove or take the subway

Good to know. That’s a team that can get away with a parking garage given they get like 15-20k fans a game. I tend to think most people take the subway or Metro North or Uber/Lyft to get to Yankee Stadium, so a garage isn’t as chaotic as it’d otherwise be.

Advertisement
Back