Beta Blake strikes again...

Advertisement
Why is tailgating only allowed in Green? It’s easy enough to open a yellow lot for tailgating only too for this season.

Green is not the ONLY tailgate lot, but it is the only one that allows people to arrive early and to park wherever they want, not where a parking employee tells you to park.

This allows large groups to set up tailgate areas involving multiple vehicles that do not all have to arrive at the parking lot at the same time, as you can "save" spots in your area. I've been tailgating with a group that parks in one particular row, and then we set up a bunch of tents, cooking equipment, tables, etc. A few people have some fencing and rope that they use to create some space around the grills and tables.

You also get a bunch of people who park elsewhere and come through the Green Lot, some to tailgate and others just to wander around. My group tends to make way too much food and have extra beverages for visitors.

Not sure I can recall a professional sports team stadium that has a parking garage, come to think of it. It’d be a nightmare to get out of a garage after the game and it’d make tailgating nearly impossible in the garage. It’s a shame that after doing so many things right to the stadium and the overpass to connect to the lots to the East, Stephen Ross succumbed to greed and forced this race car **** and tennis nonsense in the limited stadium acreage. So if you live north of the stadium you’re now forced out to University Drive instead of the Turnpike?

Pop, I can't speak for every stadium, but the Marlins stadium has two parking garages. Also, I'm originally from St. Louis, and old Busch Stadium had two parking garages with bridges into the stadium. I don't believe that the new Busch Stadium has connected garages.

Now, if you want to talk about football stadiums, which would have more of a "tailgating" situation, then it may be more rare to see parking garages. At the same time, I don't know of any other NFL stadium that has tried to shoehorn the training facilities, a tennis center, and a Formula One racetrack onto the same property.

This thread delivers.

I would like to submit that all the green lot tailgaters get to party on the field pre-game until warm-ups. At that time, they will be asked to head to their seats.

This should be a fair compromise.

What are we supposed to do with the grills after the pre-game warm-ups? Figure it out, and maybe we can negotiate.

Advertisement
That’s tough..at least we got the Double header tho. U think we catch Tampa?
We play a 3 game series to end the season against them, if the Yanks keep winning each series as they have done (10 of the last 11) I think so.

i called the ticket office and gave them a piece of my mind, for half an hour. blake james has been ****ting on season ticket holders since he got here. every f@cking year he cheapens the experience i told them they need to move me and my group to blue. i hate that sob

I’m not a season tickets holder, however I’ve heard from multiple alums & season ticket holders the same thing. So I’m going to assume if the same story has been said by 8 different ppl, with varying ages, I’m going to assume it’s true. That’s a crying shame.

Advertisement
by the way, has Blake James fixed the Comcast/ACC Network issue? Isn't this Year 3 and we still don't have the ACC Network on Comcast, the largest cable provider in South Florida?

Yankee stadium has Garage parking and it’s fine. I was there yesterday for the Red Sox game. People tailgate on the top floors and I was home in 40 mins and live 20 miles away. Met Life Giants/Jets you can tailgate in all the lots, I still don’t understand just Green at the Miami games.
Orlando Magic has a parking garage also

Not sure I can recall a professional sports team stadium that has a parking garage, come to think of it. It’d be a nightmare to get out of a garage after the game and it’d make tailgating nearly impossible in the garage. It’s a shame that after doing so many things right to the stadium and the overpass to connect to the lots to the East, Stephen Ross succumbed to greed and forced this race car **** and tennis nonsense in the limited stadium acreage. So if you live north of the stadium you’re now forced out to University Drive instead of the Turnpike?

It’s not finished yet, but the new SoFi Stadium is going to have several parking garages.

Advertisement
Green is not the ONLY tailgate lot, but it is the only one that allows people to arrive early and to park wherever they want, not where a parking employee tells you to park.

This allows large groups to set up tailgate areas involving multiple vehicles that do not all have to arrive at the parking lot at the same time, as you can "save" spots in your area. I've been tailgating with a group that parks in one particular row, and then we set up a bunch of tents, cooking equipment, tables, etc. A few people have some fencing and rope that they use to create some space around the grills and tables.

You also get a bunch of people who park elsewhere and come through the Green Lot, some to tailgate and others just to wander around. My group tends to make way too much food and have extra beverages for visitors.
Exactly. Been in the Green Lot for over 8 years now, and that's what it's about. The yellow is not even half the size of what Green was. It's BullChit!

It’s not finished yet, but the new SoFi Stadium is going to have several parking garages.
Makes sense given the lack of land in L.A. for parking. I’m not anti-parking garage, I just wouldn’t want to park on, say, the 4th level of a garage and find myself waiting an hour to get out after a game. Plus you can’t exactly tailgate inside a garage, either.

Ample land for parking at HRS wasn’t an issue until Ross forced tennis and Formula One onto fans. And let’s face it, very few of us give two fvcks about either.

Advertisement
Late to the party on this one. Forgot to get my parking pass this year. If anyone is so upset by this news that they are selling their green pass I would be happy to purchase it at or around face value :) For me it is strictly about being able to park with the guys I've known since college.

I hate Blake, but that's an ACC issue.
as one of the most important ADs in the ACC and representing the team that is affected the most, it IS a Blake James problem. i solve problems all the time that are caused by others and for which others are responsible to fix because they affect me or my clients.

blake james should have fixed it or allowed it not to happen.

Advertisement
Back