Beta Blake strikes again...

MAY 2022, that gives them 4 months to get it back to normal for 2022 if they can in that time. and you and me both it was very easy for me to get in and out with no issues. i went yellow so the turnpike is close, just a longer walk to the stadium. But not happy about not being able to be in the spot ive been in for 4 years now. they talked me into switching from orange to green last year so i could park there with no issues and now im getting burned. i still dont get why they didn't take half the yellow lot and make it green. I get they make money off the cash lot (yellow) but if people are going to the game for a single ticket they will park where they're told and not care.
Who knows the exact reasoning. Feels a lot like "green lot are some of the most loyal, early-arriving idiots who send us money regardless, so they'll deal with it." F it. Can't control it now. Hope we can all coordinate as well as we previously did; just across the street.

Advertisement
Who knows the exact reasoning. Feels a lot like "green lot are some of the most loyal, early-arriving idiots who send us money regardless, so they'll deal with it." F it. Can't control it now. Hope we can all coordinate as well as we previously did; just across the street.
Nope its already set and not changing. Just have to adjust and deal with it. hopefully its resolved next year

hey, by the way, i know you've peeped in and out the last few months, but glad to see you here a-gain. hopefully you'll have the time to post a thread on your 2021 outlook.

I’ve been in the green lot nearly ten years, every single game with a large group. I’m not happy about being moved but how do you know that Hard Rock Stadium knew the exact plans of where the track was going to go? They could’ve just found out a week ago. As tenants there, Blake James isn’t the one calling the shots.
The track has been in the works since 2019. This is all about attracting Formula 1 races which Stephen Ross appears determined to do. The City initially turned it down, surrounding neighborhoods weren't happy (noise) but it got approved ($) and is going forward. I park in Orange so doesn't matter to me but I understand how some feel. I don't know how many Green passes they sell but perhaps this was the only solution.

But my man.. your missing the point. I’m willing to bet my Bama ticket that this decision wasn’t soley Blake’s too make. I understand your upset. But aim the your fury about Tailgating and parking in the correct direction..and admittedly I don’t know what direction that is so I can’t help you..but subsequently neither do you…this change has nothing todo with why we’ve been mediocre the past 20 year..get a grip

I'm not missing the point at all. You acknowledge that you don't know who is to blame, yet you are willing to "bet your Bama ticket" that it "wasn't solely Blake". If you can't see the inconsistency there...I don't know what to tell you.

And then you (mistakenly) conclude that I don't know either. Funny stuff. Yet I do know that Blake approved this reallocation, though I'm not going to go into the specificity that would make it obvious where Blake's leaks are. I realize that Blake had to make a decision once the total number of parking spots was slashed, but Blake's worst attribute is his decision-making capability.

If you don't think that Miami's football mediocrity is tied to all of our terrible ADs since Dee, I can't help you. To borrow from your phraseology, the ADs may not "solely" be to blame, but they have had the most significant impact, from coaching hires to other decisions which impact the resources the Athletic Department gets from outside sponsors, donors, and the University proper.

Advertisement
I'm not missing the point at all. You acknowledge that you don't know who is to blame, yet you are willing to "bet your Bama ticket" that it "wasn't solely Blake". If you can't see the inconsistency there...I don't know what to tell you.

And then you (mistakenly) conclude that I don't know either. Funny stuff. Yet I do know that Blake approved this reallocation, though I'm not going to go into the specificity that would make it obvious where Blake's leaks are. I realize that Blake had to make a decision once the total number of parking spots was slashed, but Blake's worst attribute is his decision-making capability.

If you don't think that Miami's football mediocrity is tied to all of our terrible ADs since Dee, I can't help you. To borrow from your phraseology, the ADs may not "solely" be to blame, but they have had the most significant impact, from coaching hires to other decisions which impact the resources the Athletic Department gets from outside sponsors, donors, and the University proper.
I apologize. Clearly this is a issue that hit too your core and affects your experience on Saturday’s. Hopefully the university and beta Blake does something to either change this or compensated your and others for the inconvenience of changing your lot location a month before the home opener 🤝

Not a alum. And Doesn’t matter to me if you went to the school, played, or know somebody who works at the school..I grew a canes fan like a lot of ppl on this board…but as I said you and your contingency will be fine.

So you are basically acknowledging the point that I made.

Not once did I disparage the "Canes fandom" of anyone who is not an alum. I asked the question for two reasons. First, as a non-alum, you haven't had experience observing how UM is run, who makes decisions, and how decisions are communicated. That's not a judgment of you personally, it's just a simple fact.

Second, as a non-alum, you and Beta Blake may not value the impact of these decisions in the same way as an alum does. I have been tailgating with UM students/alums since the 1980s. I paid the price and invested the time to tailgate in actual Orange Bowl lots, I rarely paid anyone $20 to park in a neighborhood yard. Regardless of whether you see things the same way as an alum does, to UM alums who have spent decades tailgating together, we do value these experiences. So that is why it is particularly insulting when Beta Blake (NOT A UM ALUM) sends out an e-mail that talks about how great UM tailgating is, while simultaneously devaluing the alum tailgating lot.

Ok..scratching my head as to why this is a big plucking deal then? Lol! Y’all coming to games to tailgate or watch the game? You guys will complain about anything. After a year of not being at home games because of Covid you would think fans would be running in droves back to HRS not complaining about BJames and this ****. Smh.

So after a year of celibacy, a guy should be happy just to be fvcked in the a$$? Whatever you say.

Advertisement
Let me butt in here. I think this has to do with respect for Cane tradition. Our fan base includes people who feel bonded to the team by past shared experiences. We are not like some fan bases that simply buy their seats and passes and are seen in the stands. We have people who show up hours before the game and set up with friends they only see on game day but whom they view as close family. The green lot is not 2000 random parking spaces, it is a tribal village shared by like-thinking folks of all races, religions, and who have one thing in common-there are Canes over here.

The AD should recognize this and have gone to the mat to protect it. Even if a few folks in Mercedes had to walk a little further……

Am I right?

Accurate.

And Yellow is not exactly filled with Mercedes.

I’ve been in the green lot nearly ten years, every single game with a large group. I’m not happy about being moved but how do you know that Hard Rock Stadium knew the exact plans of where the track was going to go? They could’ve just found out a week ago. As tenants there, Blake James isn’t the one calling the shots.

Because "Hard Rock Stadium" is the entity that is planning and building the track. They didn't just "find out a week ago", the Stadium is the corporation that is actively seeking the F1 race.

"As tenants", the UM Athletic Department is the entity that allocates the available parking spots by areas. Hard Rock Stadium does not tell UM where to put the Orange and Green and Blue and Yellow lots.

You're telling me you've been in green lot this entire time and did not mention it.

FOR SHAME

hey, by the way, i know you've peeped in and out the last few months, but glad to see you here a-gain. hopefully you'll have the time to post a thread on your 2021 outlook.
Ha. Yeah, I lurk during a portion of the offseason after Spring. But, read the boards every day, basically. I'm ready to rock now. Started watching all of last year's games. I vomited a couple times, but I'm watching. Will give more detail in the coming weeks, but my 2021 outlook is largely dependent on wtf we decide to do with the defense. Even prior to the UNC game, I soured on our approach.

Was hopeful after 2018 and it's only been large steps back since then. The choice to play wild upfront schemes and match that with some of our coverages (and predictable, delayed blitzes) just doesn't lend itself well to where I presume we want to go. Manny blitzed less gratuitously in 2018, but he also had Gerald Willis doing unique things in the middle of his defense. I don't believe we can rely on those type of things to win big games. So, either Schoop/TRob help Manny change some of that, or I think we'll see a lot of the same rollercoaster effect with the occasional trainwreck game.

Advertisement
Based on what I could find on a quick search online, it looks like the final approval was not given by the Miami Gardens commissioners until mid-April 2021 (see link). However, it also looks like the actual track layout had been finalized and published since at least January 2020 (see link).

Even assuming UM had no indication of how the commissioners were voting until the vote took place (which, frankly, would be evidence of an even greater level of incompetence by our AD), they knew the track layout back in January 2020. A competent AD would have been in a position to start planning contingencies back then and done so. I can't fathom why the Athletic Department would need another 4 months to make this announcement.

The simplest answer may be they didn't actually need the 4 months, but were purposefully delaying the announcement to a later, more favorable time (i.e., when more tickets had been paid for, there'd be less time to do anything about it, and we'd be closer to playing games and potentially minimizing negative fan reaction). That, or it was sheer incompetence and the timing never crossed their minds because our Athletic Department is run by a bunch of unqualified suits. It's honestly a coin flip with this group.

Advertisement
Based on what I could find on a quick search online, it looks like the final approval was not given by the Miami Gardens commissioners until mid-April 2021 (see link). However, it also looks like the actual track layout had been finalized and published since at least January 2020 (see link).

Even assuming UM had no indication of how the commissioners were voting until the vote took place (which, frankly, would be evidence of an even greater level of incompetence by our AD), they knew the track layout back in January 2020. A competent AD would have been in a position to start planning contingencies back then and done so. I can't fathom why the Athletic Department would need another 4 months to make this announcement.

The simplest answer may be they didn't actually need the 4 months, but were purposefully delaying the announcement to a later, more favorable time (i.e., when more tickets had been paid for, there'd be less time to do anything about it, and we'd be closer to playing games and potentially minimizing negative fan reaction). That, or it was sheer incompetence and the timing never crossed their minds because our Athletic Department is run by a bunch of unqualified suits. It's honestly a coin flip with this group.

The last paragraph is key.

As someone has pointed out, this MIGHT be a "temporary" move. So Beta Blake delays it until August, claims there was "nothing he could do", and then hopes for everything to go back to normal in 2022, and that Miami alums will just "be grateful" that we are even allowed to tailgate for 2021.

It's just ridiculous, go back and re-read the e-mail from Blake. Moving the Green Lot across the street was the "best way" to accommodate early arrival and non-directional parking. HOW? Most of the Green Lot arrives an hour before everyone else, and we don't need parking attendants to tell us where to park. HOW is moving the lot to the other side of the road necessitated by early arrival?

Ridiculous.

I apologize. Clearly this is a issue that hit too your core and affects your experience on Saturday’s. Hopefully the university and beta Blake does something to either change this or compensated your and others for the inconvenience of changing your lot location a month before the home opener 🤝

It's all good, man, I'm not mad at you personally. You've provided plenty of good commentary on other threads. Just surprised by how certain "Canes fans" took this, it's not a surprise that Beta Blake is a buffoon. I honestly felt that more people had experienced/appreciated the tailgates in the Green Lot.

I just wish you would have had the chance to swing through the Green Lot in 2019 or earlier. Good times.

Last edited:
Moving the Green Lot across the street was the "best way" to accommodate early arrival and non-directional parking. HOW? Most of the Green Lot arrives an hour before everyone else, and we don't need parking attendants to tell us where to park. HOW is moving the lot to the other side of the road necessitated by early arrival?

I strongly suspect it's not. If the Athletic Department was really concerned about efficiently accommodating early arrival, they'd actually move the green lot closer to the stadium, not further away. Doing so would provide one hour where the inside spots closest to the physical stadium (i.e., the longest distance to travel in the traffic quagmire that is HRS on even a half-full game day) are being filled, making it easier/faster to fill up all of the outside spots. Logically, we know this is the case, because it is exactly how they fill up the non-directional lots (i.e., inside out).

I also strongly suspect the Athletic Department is merely providing this BS excuse and hoping fans are too dumb/tired/excited/complacent to realize it is BS.

Advertisement
Back