Beta Blake strikes again...

Advertisement
So the first few tries at a Grand Prix of Miami/West Palm Beach went so well they figured a fourth try would be the charm?

So exactly what’s the issue?

Try reading the thread. There are multiple issues, and "walking" has nothing to do with it.

UM alums who have been tailgating together for years park in the Green Lot and certain groups tend to park in certain areas, since we are allowed to hold spots and the attendants do not make us park in spots in the order in which we arrive. You don't tailgate in the Green Lot, so you don't understand. You can also choose not to post, since the thread does not apply to you or interest you.

If you can't figure out the falsehoods in Blake's e-mail, that's fine. Nobody asked you to be concerned if you park in another lot.

Which part? There are three possibilities. 1. The POTUS never said this. 2. The POTUS said this, but was wrong , it was his err. 3. Blake himself chose to singlehandedly destroy Cane tailgating.

You're a smart guy, you can figure it out.

A slightly milder #3. Blake is responsible for the various parking lot allocations. Not the total number of spots, but where the various lots are located.

Advertisement
1629151724262.gif

Try reading the thread. There are multiple issues, and "walking" has nothing to do with it.

UM alums who have been tailgating together for years park in the Green Lot and certain groups tend to park in certain areas, since we are allowed to hold spots and the attendants do not make us park in spots in the order in which we arrive. You don't tailgate in the Green Lot, so you don't understand. You can also choose not to post, since the thread does not apply to you or interest you.

If you can't figure out the falsehoods in Blake's e-mail, that's fine. Nobody asked you to be concerned if you park in another lot.
Oh so your issue is just early tailgating traditions? And to my original thought when I opened this thread, what exactly makes you think this was a executive decision made soley by Beta Blake?

Advertisement
How do we know this was Blakes decision and yes Im in green tailgate lot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh so your issue is just early tailgating traditions? And to my original thought when I opened this thread, what exactly makes you think this was a executive decision made soley by Beta Blake?

I'm not sure whether you are dense, or you are just acting dense.

Again, you chose to respond like a clown and act like it was about "walking". If I cared about "walking less", I'd buy passes for the black lot. I can afford to, and my Hurricane Club priority level would have allowed me to (in March).

I don't know what you think "early tailgating traditions" are. The reason why there are different parking lots is because there are different groups of people who are looking for different pre-game experiences. If you want to show up 30 minutes before the game, park close, and walk less, then by all means, purchase the black parking pass.

But there are thousands of UM alums who have, for years, chosen to tailgate in groups that do not require some pre-game convoy logistics so that all the cars can enter at the same time. The "early entry" and "non-directional parking" allow groups of tailgaters to arrive at different times, park together, and set up large-scale tailgating, with tents and grills and tables. If you just want to tailgate with the people in your car, that is great, and this thread will not interest you.

And this is not just the people parking in Green who are involved. There are plenty of people who tailgate in the Green lot who park elsewhere and join one of the large groups in the Green lot. And if you don't park in the Green lot, you have no idea that HRS built a bunch of shacks over the last few years which sell food, beer, and merchandise.

As for whether this was an "executive decision made solely by Beta Blake", you are again missing the point. I don't care if he set up a committee. He signed off on the final decision, and he waited until a couple of weeks before the season to announce the decision. If you choose to believe that "Formula One" just happened a few weeks ago, that's up to you.

This isn't a complicated situation for HRS. If they want to take the same plot of land that has existed since the 1980s, and then build a training facility and a tennis center and a Formula One racetrack on the same plot of land, then it is time to build a parking garage or three. We all realize that people don't tailgate for Dolphins training camp or the Tennis Tournament or Formula One. By all means, allow the people who don't tailgate for football to park in a garage so that their cars stay shaded and they don't have to walk.

But it's a big Beta Blake mistake to **** off thousands of UM alums who have been tailgating in large groups for decades. And, for what, to cater to the crowd who thinks that tailgating is the same as taking a football out of your car and throwing it around in the parking lot?

It's funny to see some of the clown responses in this thread. The pricing differential for the various lots is minimal. The difference in walking is minimal.

Beta Blake could have addressed this months ago and given people a chance to change their plans and their tailgating arrangements. He did not do so. Again, it is just the latest of Beta Blake's MANY mistakes and arrogant miscalculations.

Real question for those in the know.

Where do The University make its money by being tenants at HRS? Also, any idea if we’re in the black or red based upon the contractural lease agreement vs revenue generated being tenants here?

Advertisement
Back