Back where we left off

When’s the breaking point Dmoney? When does the Blake and manny experiment from **** end? When does the university atleast make the effort to field a competitive program and starting taking the U on the side of the helmet seriously? And by serious I mean with actions in the type of people they hire to lead those men in the helmets. Because the hiring of green horns like blake and then letting him hire manny in five minutes at the cost of 4 millions dollars to temple doesn’t look like taking things seriously. And to make it worse seeing Diaz trot out the same undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated team again on Saturday with whole offseason to prepare the team to look just like Diaz’s teams from the last two years with no change whatsoever. So when is the breaking point Dmoney, serious question? When Manny ***** the bed for a 3rd season at 7-5 or 8-4 with another bowl loss in some podunk bowl the kids don’t want to be at during Christmas as they quit on manny for the third straight year putting us at 7-6/8-5. Is that the breaking point, I’d like to know your honest opinion D?
The breaking point, if there is one this year, won’t be after losing to #1.

Advertisement
Until this AD and HC are fired we will not improve. Any perceived success will be a facade. Make no mistake, 9-10 wins is not a successful season, it will just prolong this nightmare with Diaz and Blake. Its come time that we cheer for losses like we did with Golden.
You know what comes next once Manolo gets the ax? It’s back to Luigi Christoballs or perhaps let’s make Ed Reed HC so Ray Lewis can be DC. The utter stupidity around this place is mind boggling!

Get me 9-10 wins and enough flashes from Garcia or TVD for Manny to sell recruits that the future is bright. Get to 11 wins with Flashes and we could be looking at eating real crow on Manny. Yes, that likely means at least 2-3 good wins this year over ranked or 8-10 win teams and another measuring stick game vs Clemson.
If Manny can’t get us to 9 wins, I’d expect to see a lot more of Garcia/TVD as it means King isn’t cutting it at QB thus giving him a hard sales job if they don’t flash.

When’s the breaking point Dmoney? When does the Blake and manny experiment from **** end? When does the university atleast make the effort to field a competitive program and starting taking the U on the side of the helmet seriously? And by serious I mean with actions in the type of people they hire to lead those men in the helmets. Because the hiring of green horns like blake and then letting him hire manny in five minutes at the cost of 4 millions dollars to temple doesn’t look like taking things seriously. And to make it worse seeing Diaz trot out the same undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated team again on Saturday with whole offseason to prepare the team to look just like Diaz’s teams from the last two years with no change whatsoever. So when is the breaking point Dmoney, serious question? When Manny ***** the bed for a 3rd season at 7-5 or 8-4 with another bowl loss in some podunk bowl the kids don’t want to be at during Christmas as they quit on manny for the third straight year putting us at 7-6/8-5. Is that the breaking point, I’d like to know your honest opinion D?
The breaking point, when the ACC throws us out.
Which will NEVER happen.
There is no inducement to upgrade coaching staff or facilities..

Advertisement
Miami isn't built from the top down to compete at the highest levels in college football. It goes beyond the head coach or the AD...the school lacks an entire infrastructure that successful programs have at the highest levels.

Idk if Miami is incapable due to financial constraints or they just simply don't know how to construct a winning operation. There are many programs that have simply "lost it"...and we are one of them. Idk if we'll ever get back there...but it definitely won't be with Manny Diaz.

Miami isn't built from the top down to compete at the highest levels in college football. It goes beyond the head coach or the AD...the school lacks an entire infrastructure that successful programs have at the highest levels.

Idk if Miami is incapable due to financial constraints or they just simply don't know how to construct a winning operation. There are many programs that have simply "lost it"...and we are one of them. Idk if we'll ever get back there...but it definitely won't be with Manny Diaz.
I've been saying this. But it's not the Saban version of 1000 analysts we need.

This is the modern era. We need a real analytics infrastructure (data, servers, tech capabilities). We need to bolster our capabilities around evaluations, player development (analytics) and QA (game planning, film breakdown). Those things take resources but not that much. An incremental $2 mm would make a big difference here. We also need to upgrade assistant coaches, and that's got to be another $1.5 mm spread around. Top up the recruiting budget by $500K and that's $4 mm that would make a huge difference in the team's capabilities. If it won a lot more, that would be returned in myriad ways.

Now none of it will matter or happen with the current head coach and AD, but we can just ignore that I guess for purposes of discussing what's missing.

Advertisement
Bama has a sports science department. What the **** is that ? They have a strength coach who has Dr. in front of his name

I just want to see Miami/Manny routinely (and convincingly) beat programs they should

Bottom line, vs App St and Mich St at home, with this squad -- those should be wins

Lets get those and build from there, and see what happens the rest of the way

Two wins wont mean we crown Manny.

But a loss means we should behead him like King Charles I

I love that App State and Michigan State are now the barometers for how “good” we are. This is laughable. No real team looks at those games to gauge anything. Half of the SEC teams would look at these games as a much needed break. We’re a joke.
This is what mediocrity looks like. I do think UNC and NC State are going to be much more difficult than App State or MSU.

Advertisement
Our defense being in free fall these past 4 of 6 games and against any offense with a pulse is a worrying sign. Bama was breaking in every skill player imaginable and a brand new OC and the result ended up being we get routed to the tune of 44 points and 500+ yards? Not good.

I am expecting that we will end up with a good year 10-2. We are more talented than every other team on our schedule. We had better not extend manny after this year. The bigger issue will be next year after we lose quite a few players after this year. Next year could be ugly especially on the oline.
We're always more talented than most teams on our schedule. That doesn't stop us from dropping 2-3 games per year that leaves you going WTF. I don't see that trend breaking this year. This is still Manny who's the HC.

Advertisement
Did you expect The U to win against Bama?
Im more disappointed in Lashlee than Manny!! That Offensive Line is coached by a former HeadCoach of 2 NFL teams and they were just so much bigger than our Dline. But the kids fought hard and never quit.
Lashlee on the other hand, had nothing to attack Bama's D, the same vanilla offense but uptempo
I think part of the reason Manny went back to being the D Coordinator was because he felt he could trust Lashlee handling the Offense.
We'll see against App St. what Lashlee has been working on with the offense

Shannon was a garbage hire. Golden was a bad hire but was thought of as a recruiter. Richt was a hire to make fans think they were serious. That big money should've gone to a younger big name. Diaz was the worst hire of all. Both him and shannon were totally unqualified.

You have to at least make a serious hire for one to work out.

Im not saying a top 10 coach but there are plenty of coaches out there that could make miami a serious team just based off the recruits we get.
This is a great take. Richt I understood the hire at the time. He was an upgrade from his 3 predecessors (Coker, Randy, Golden), but we got him 5 years late. He was hanging on the burn out cliff and after 2017, completely fell off. Golden, albeit not a big name, was an understandable hire. But when we saw Golden after 3 years at Miami, we looked back and saw the warts from his tenure as Temple.

But with Randy and Manny, there was absolutely no reason they should've been hired in the first place. They had no prior HC experience and were coaches off of failed tenures (Randy with Coker, Manny with Richt).

Last edited:
We should have gotten Kiffin from FAU. His demeanor would have fit in with us and we would have had a good offense guaranteed. We seem to always miss the boat and thats 4 times.they chose someone worse than Butch who would atleast properly stablize the program.
It's amazing how time works out. Back then, I wanted nothing to do with Kiffin. He flamed out at Tennessee and USC. If you can't win at USC, GTFO. But, he's resurrected his career and I wish I could get a do over and change my stance. Kiffin would do better at Miami than Diaz. How much better is up for debate. But I don't think we'd get these uninspired performances in big games like we've seen with Manny.

Advertisement
Back