Back where we left off

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We finished last season ranked #22. We are ranked #22 now, after a very familiar type of loss.

The rest of the season will tell us if anything has improved. It's been 18 years of Groundhog Day. These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling.

Advertisement
Couldn’t agree more. And it is next game is test #1 with MSU as test #2. We pass both test by winning how we “should”, we can start to consider where in the top 20 we deserve to be. Until then we need to put the time In and wipe the pain away and especially move on.

We finished last season ranked #22. We are ranked #22 now, after a very familiar type of loss.

The rest of the season will tell us if anything has improved. It's been 18 years of Groundhog Day. These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling.
When’s the breaking point Dmoney? When does the Blake and manny experiment from **** end? When does the university atleast make the effort to field a competitive program and starting taking the U on the side of the helmet seriously? And by serious I mean with actions in the type of people they hire to lead those men in the helmets. Because the hiring of green horns like blake and then letting him hire manny in five minutes at the cost of 4 millions dollars to temple doesn’t look like taking things seriously. And to make it worse seeing Diaz trot out the same undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated team again on Saturday with whole offseason to prepare the team to look just like Diaz’s teams from the last two years with no change whatsoever. So when is the breaking point Dmoney, serious question? When Manny ***** the bed for a 3rd season at 7-5 or 8-4 with another bowl loss in some podunk bowl the kids don’t want to be at during Christmas as they quit on manny for the third straight year putting us at 7-6/8-5. Is that the breaking point, I’d like to know your honest opinion D?

Advertisement
These next 2 weeks will be the most telling. Is getting smacked in the mouth and looking scared on national TV gonna fuel this team for the greatness they should be capable of, or are we gonna go back into our shell like every other time?

Trying to stay optimistic, or at the very least despondent...but the shyts tough lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
When’s the breaking point Dmoney? When does the Blake and manny experiment from **** end? When does the university atleast make the effort to field a competitive program and starting taking the U on the side of the helmet seriously? And by serious I mean with actions in the type of people they hire to lead those men in the helmets. Because the hiring of green horns like blake and then letting him hire manny in five minutes at the cost of 4 millions dollars to temple doesn’t look like taking things seriously. And to make it worse seeing Diaz trot out the same undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated team again on Saturday with whole offseason to prepare the team to look just like Diaz’s teams from the last two years with no change whatsoever. So when is the breaking point Dmoney, serious question? When Manny ***** the bed for a 3rd season at 7-5 or 8-4 with another bowl loss in some podunk bowl the kids don’t want to be at during Christmas as they quit on manny for the third straight year putting us at 7-6/8-5. Is that the breaking point, I’d like to know your honest opinion D?
Someone posted that Diaz gets paid about $3.1M or $3.2M/season. He signed a 5 year deal so that’s $15.5M - $16M. You add the $4M Temple buyout - lol..that’s truly laughable, and you have a total of about $20M committed to Manolo Diaz.

I just don’t see the UM brass pulling the trigger until after year four, at the earliest, assuming this goes spiraling further.

I do expect a slightly better response in these next two games than we’ve seen over the last two decades.

Most of that is cuz of King. Even though our team is still fairly mentally weak, we have a few guys who can carry the torch to get it going again.

Reality is that we are a 7 or 8 win team. We do this same dance every year. I will still hope though. Until you get the BOT on board and committed to excellence on the field we will continue to be just that. It’s not just Manny. He’s a pimple and the BOT is acne!

Advertisement
Back