Back where we left off

Advertisement
We finished last season ranked #22. We are ranked #22 now, after a very familiar type of loss.

The rest of the season will tell us if anything has improved. It's been 18 years of Groundhog Day. These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling.
****. And I had Miami ranked at No. 23 in both major polls. Just goes to show you, that I'm wrong most of the time. huh? Peace. Oh. I wonder if Coach Mel Tucker is a relative of Mr. Onion Head. Both have that golden brown dome. LOL

FWIW... Tucker has had some very interesting mentors in the past. Saban and Tressel. And he was part of the Buckeye defensive staff that shocked Miami in the 2002 NC game. Yikes. The dude is ALL ABOUT THE DEFENSE!! A double yikes!! Nevertheless, in his only full season at Colorado his Buffalo squad finished 5-7. So he does has some warts and what not.

Oh. Another concern for Miami's front seven. Michigan St. has the USUAL Big Ten offensive line. LEAN, MEAN, NASTY and a touch of athleticism. Wisconsin anyone. Ouch. Peace.

Reality is that we are a 7 or 8 win team. We do this same dance every year. I will still hope though. Until you get the BOT on board and committed to excellence on the field we will continue to be just that. It’s not just Manny. He’s a pimple and the BOT is acne!
9-3 is the REALISTIC prediction!! But I could be wrong, but I just don't know. huh?

Advertisement
Groundhog's day indeed. Its a never ending cycle around this place too. Half the board is bipolar.

Half the people *****ing about manny right now were calling everyone else mopes for doing exactly what they're doing now. These same posters will act like the Alabama loss never happened if he beats App St. Somebody will inevitably bump an I told ya so thread about giving him a chance if he beats Michigan St. And it'll be this way until he loses another game he shouldn't or gets his **** kicked in by a higher ranked team. Then the sky will fall all over again and the cycle will repeat itself.
Rinse and repeat

We finished last season ranked #22. We are ranked #22 now, after a very familiar type of loss.

The rest of the season will tell us if anything has improved. It's been 18 years of Groundhog Day. These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling.
So…gain back the momentum, and then go on to lose 3 or 4 games in ACC play?

I’ve seen this movie before. I already know how it ends.

If we finish 9-3 or 8-4 then what. App st should get beat irregardless. Michigan state too. I mean **** if we're worse than Norwestern than it might be time to give college football a break.

Advertisement
This is how I view what should happen with Coach Diaz given the remainder of schedule and the perceived quality (or lack thereof) of our opponents:

- Win remaining regular season games but lose the ACCCG = No material impact on tenure, but continued disappointment b/c we can't win the big one

- Win the Coastal despite losing to either UNC or VT = Elevated scrutiny but Manny gets one more year to prove he can continue to progress

- Win the Coastal while defeating UNC, VT, and F$U, but somehow lose against Michigan St. or any other ACC opponent = Chit happens but Manny reluctantly gets a pass because he shows improvement by winning the Coastal, defeating our main rivals and suffering just 2 regular season losses (one of which was 'Bama)

- Lose 2 or more of the remaining regular season games = GTFOH!

Lots of reasons to explain my position but most are rooted in the lack of commitment by the administration and the reality of the current state of the program.

Focus on new/other enriching and fulfilling activities than Cane football induced self-loathing and subsequent liver damage. I've done this the past 2 years while keeping a hopeful side eye on the program.
Best advice ever. And that's danger zone for this program cuz that means apathy is setting in. Worse than anger, atleast people care to be angry. With apathy, people don't care

Focus on new/other enriching and fulfilling activities than Cane football induced self-loathing and subsequent liver damage. I've done this the past 2 years while keeping a hopeful side eye on the program.

Amen.

Advertisement
I agree, next two games will be telling. Losing either would be a disaster, but winning them is not enough. People complain about the BOD and admin, but they've given Manny everything he could ask for (IPF, full budget for coordinators/staff, no admission casualties or resistance on portal transfers, Chief of Staff, consultants, you name it).

Manny has been with the program since 2016, he has plenty of resources and an experienced roster....It's time to win the games your supposed to win. No more embarrassing promotional BS (yachts, chains, rings, WWF pep talks, big cane comp, slip 'n slide). Just win!

I remember caneinjersey having the same message like 5-7 years ago on shadows board and shadow agreeing and slowly faded away to do his yoga thing and raise family im guessing.. When the head guys on a board tell you that, you should listen.. If ever @DMoney drops that message, its over..

@skeeter @umfire you guys remember that?! I know we got other posters from shadow board on here, im just terrible with the names..

Last edited:
Funny

a Miami fan friend of mine and I have been trading Groundhog Day GIFs all week

pretty much the only way to describe it

and to be honest nothing about these next two games tells us anything we don’t already know

it’s just gonna prove the same **** we already know

Advertisement
There is nothing gained by beating App Store, or even Michigan State. Two wins, by nice margins, might temporarily stop the bleeding. Real momentum is gained by beating UNC on the road on 10/16. A revenge game to atone for last season’s embarrassing loss. One of the most embarassing losses in school history.

The season is done if Miami walks into Chapel Hill 4-1 and loses badly, flat and unmotivated.

We paid big money to Richt and his staff. We've had a bunch of different ADs and different types of coaches (successful SEC head coach, successful G5 head coach, coordinator).

Eventually, one of these has to go right. At least that's what I

Shannon was a garbage hire. Golden was a bad hire but was thought of as a recruiter. Richt was a hire to make fans think they were serious. That big money should've gone to a younger big name. Diaz was the worst hire of all. Both him and shannon were totally unqualified.

You have to at least make a serious hire for one to work out.

Im not saying a top 10 coach but there are plenty of coaches out there that could make miami a serious team just based off the recruits we get.

Advertisement
Back