Back where we left off

We finished last season ranked #22. We are ranked #22 now, after a very familiar type of loss.

The rest of the season will tell us if anything has improved. It's been 18 years of Groundhog Day. These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling.

Agreed. Problem is, we only have two (current) games against comparably ranked schools (VaTech, UNC), and they might not even be in the Top 25 when we play them.

To not "finish" at 22 this year, we need to win 11 straight and let the other 24 teams knock each other out.

Advertisement
Shannon was a garbage hire. Golden was a bad hire but was thought of as a recruiter. Richt was a hire to make fans think they were serious. That big money should've gone to a younger big name. Diaz was the worst hire of all. Both him and shannon were totally unqualified.

You have to at least make a serious hire for one to work out.

Im not saying a top 10 coach but there are plenty of coaches out there that could make miami a serious team just based off the recruits we get.
We should have gotten Kiffin from FAU. His demeanor would have fit in with us and we would have had a good offense guaranteed. We seem to always miss the boat and thats 4 times.they chose someone worse than Butch who would atleast properly stablize the program.

I love that App State and Michigan State are now the barometers for how “good” we are. This is laughable. No real team looks at those games to gauge anything. Half of the SEC teams would look at these games as a much needed break. We’re a joke.

Advertisement
I love that App State and Michigan State are now the barometers for how “good” we are. This is laughable. No real team looks at those games to gauge anything. Half of the SEC teams would look at these games as a much needed break. We’re a joke.

I cannot say I share that opinion. People (like me) here are not saying those two games are a metric based on whether or not we win but rather how well we play in the victory. If we're a 10 point favorite against App State, we should win by 17+.

If we're a 5 point favorite against Michigan State, we should win that game by 10+ at home. And look like a team that executes well in the process.

At least that's how Im viewing these games as a metric.

It appears the fan base is so demoralized that fans took positives from the Bama game and believe everything can be fixed simply by never scheduling Alabama again. This happens when you have 1 bowl win in past 15 years and you have an AD and HC who can’t even get out of their own way.

We should have gotten Kiffin from FAU. His demeanor would have fit in with us and we would have had a good offense guaranteed. We seem to always miss the boat and thats 4 times.they chose someone worse than Butch who would atleast properly stablize the program.
Offense would be excellent and he has good ties and learned from best Carroll and Saban, plus his dad was thought of as guru so you would hope he can put a defensive staff.. Not even a call

Advertisement

He didn't say that.

He said this:

"These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling."

The words "momentum" and "good" are not the same and don't mean the same thing.

He didn't say that.

He said this:

"These next two games are absolutely critical to getting the momentum back rolling."

The words "momentum" and "good" are not the same and don't mean the same thing.

It's even more laughable that we need to get our "momentum going" by beating App State and Michigan State. These wins will really propel us to greatness.

I do expect a slightly better response in these next two games than we’ve seen over the last two decades.

Most of that is cuz of King. Even though our team is still fairly mentally weak, we have a few guys who can carry the torch to get it going again.
And hoping great home crowds show up!!!

Advertisement
Lets reflect on this at the end of the year when we see how many teams Bama beats worse then they beat us. Lets not forget they destroyed Ohio St last year too in the title game. then only signed 7 5* in this years class. Which is more then we have signed the last decade combined.

It's even more laughable that we need to get our "momentum going" by beating App State and Michigan State. These wins will really propel us to greatness.
If we execute properly it may mean something. Not the win but improving ourselves. Same old penalty filled struggles then its the same routine

The administration doesn’t really care.

hiring a coach at the end of his career after he got let go doesn’t tell me they care.

Hiring a big time coach at 6-7 million per and giving him big money to hire best assistants tells me they care.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back