At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

This is NOT a perfect way to do this, but I was curious so I took a very rough cut at the sack numbers. I added total pass attempts plus sacks taken, to get the total number of dropbacks per QB, for each game. Again, I know this isn't perfect, because QBs do drop back to throw, scramble, and that's not taken into account here. Dropbacks is ONLY attempted passes, plus sacks.

If you take out the UF game (don't we all wish we could), it's pretty similar. From UNC on:

Williams has 87 dropbacks and has taken 9 sacks (10.3% sack rate)

Perry has 139 dropbacks and has taken 13 sacks (9.4% sack rate)

Yet every single post I read about Williams is that he takes too many sacks. Yes...against UF, that was abundantly clear. No doubt, obviously. And you can't just pretend it didn't happen, but give it a little context that the kid was playing his first ever game, in Week 0 (when things are super sloppy) with 2 freshmen tackles against a really good defense. Again, can't forget it. But did he learn? Did he get any better? And the evidence points to...yes. He's essentially being sacked at the same rate Kosi is. Yet, if you read this board, you'd think Williams can't get a pass off and Kosi is Randall Cunningham in the pocket.

So yes, Kosi is more elusive in the pocket. No doubt. But he's taking just about as many sacks as Williams has. And he's CLEARLY not as good of a passer. So why is every post, over and over again talking about Williams taking far too many sacks? Does everyone still have the bitter taste of that UF game in their mouths? It's gotta be, because since then, he's been better and he's been sacked about as often as Kosi has. Give me the kid with the ability to complete passes on a consistent basis. This OL isn't going to be great for any QB. But they had their best pass protecting game of the year last week. Maybe they can keep Williams somewhat upright and let him use his superior throwing ability to move the ball Saturday?

This is a great analysis. I also think Williams has learned alot since the UF game. He showed far better pocket presence last Saturday as well as using his feet. Let's see what he does now that he is finally 100% healthy too.

Advertisement
What stats?

lol @ this boomer *** comment.
Average yards per attempt being a full yard ahead of perry.
94-135 70.1 % 1136 yards 8 tds 3 ints 8.4 yards per attempt

77-136 57.5% 975 yards 8 tds 2 ints 7.3 yards per attempt

with eye test
not going a full Game completing only 1 pass beyond 10 yards like 5 did vs uva

Perry takes more shots downfield than JW
Actually pretty similar. Still not enough for either guy imo. Of course we took a lot of shots down the field vs va tech because we were down a lot. But over the last 3 games (4 vs uva, 2 vs ga tech, 2 vs pitt) combined we have a total of 8 throws beyond 20 yards attempted by kosi since he’s started which is clearly not enough down the field throws.

Advertisement
Actually pretty similar. Still not enough for either guy imo. Of course we took a lot of shots down the field vs va tech because we were down a lot. But over the last 3 games (4 vs uva, 2 vs ga tech, 2 vs pitt) combined we have a total of 8 throws beyond 20 yards attempted by kosi since he’s started which is clearly not enough down the field throws.

Really doesn't matter, imo, since the person calling the plays is the same and he is not doing his job. Good coaches mold around their players, instead of forcing players to mold around them. It is the same in business. You would not take your best salesman and put him in IT, no you leave him in sales where he is bringing you success.

Some of the people don't don't get it, he was able to do this for one reason. Vegas has the worst HS football I've ever seen. Most of Gormans games were over by the end of the 1st quarter. I don't like to bring this **** up but it's the truth too many weak liberal white kids, it's ******* sad. Sure and **** not from my generation where I came from.
Dude they won the NATIONAL title (as in, the entire country, playing a top national schedule) twice with him as QB.

Average yards per attempt being a full yard ahead of perry.
94-135 70.1 % 1136 yards 8 tds 3 ints 8.4 yards per attempt

77-136 57.5% 975 yards 8 tds 2 ints 7.3 yards per attempt

with eye test
not going a full Game completing only 1 pass beyond 10 yards like 5 did vs uva

One full yard, wow? Jarren also played a full game against Bethune. If you're going by stats Perry has played less & has been better. Kosi's game Vs UVA isn't an indicator that JW isn't a dinker and dunker. Lets say youre right and theyre both D&'D's. I'll take Kosi with his running ability over JW & his soft play any day. Let's be clear, not a fan of either, they're both not the guy & both average.

Advertisement
Lol at your ***** liberal generation! You have no idea how different it was.

Not apart of this generation & not white. Just not ignorant & shortsighted like you.

"omg im so tough & gritty, youre generation is full of pansies". I bet there are liberal white dudes that could beat the **** out of you.

Ok, we'll see

And when he does please everyone lock this thread or save it for a later date AND TAG ME ! If i'm wrong ? I will right them and apologize on here but 10 toes down chest out in all.... I'm confident more than ever before and I didn't even want him on this team in the first place I wanted Jalen Hurts... Tru Story!

It's time now .... #HOLLYWOODTATE!!!!

Go Canes!

One full yard, wow? Jarren also played a full game against Bethune. If you're going by stats Perry has played less & has been better. Kosi's game Vs UVA isn't an indicator that JW isn't a dinker and dunker. Lets say youre right and theyre both D&'D's. I'll take Kosi with his running ability over JW & his soft play any day. Let's be clear, not a fan of either, they're both not the guy & both average.
A full yard is a big difference in that statistic Even if you throw out the outlier from Bethune for both qbs it would still be higher. Perry So far outside of the va tech game has shown he’s a dink and dunk qb, in 10 power 5 games he’s played so far with at least 20 attempts or games he’s started he’s only thrown for more than 200 yards only TWICE vs FSU last year which was 204 yards and this year vs va tech 421 yards. Numbers don’t lie

Really doesn't matter, imo, since the person calling the plays is the same and he is not doing his job. Good coaches mold around their players, instead of forcing players to mold around them. It is the same in business. You would not take your best salesman and put him in IT, no you leave him in sales where he is bringing you success.
I believe the most frustrating thing for most of us is that in his introductory presser, Enos swore up and down he would mold his offense around what the players do best. Nothing has been further from the truth.

Advertisement
supersaiyanshel said:
I forget the exact timeline, but if Enos was hired first, Tate is partly to blame. He should've known he wouldn't fit into Enos' system, and even if Enos and Manny mislead him about tailoring the offense around him (which is highly likely), he and his people's should've known better.

A Pro Style OC doesn't just suddenly become an RPO, spread guy over night.

If we hired major applewhite which was rumored tate martell probably would have ended up being a great fit in that system tbh

I agree on both Fellas. Spot on.

For one reason...his record as a winner:
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.
Tate showed us what he can do verses BCU, and he failed to get in the box on a wildcat play. Buy will be a Wes Welker or Danny Amendola if he wants to play in the league

Perry Hasn’t thrown much down the field either. The last 2 games combined we attempted passes only 4 passes over 20 yards with Perry as the starter and vs uva had only 4 attempted beyond 20 yards completing only 1 of them on the first drive
Also, Jarren has the longest throw this season, not Perry.

Advertisement
For one reason...his record as a winner:
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.
It will never happen for a few reasons.

The biggest reason is he does amazing and then the coaching staff looks even worse then they already do.

Enos doesn't want to run all shotgun

We dont play our best players

You mean how Kosi got pulled?

PS; everybody with a brain already knew the offense ran smooth and more efficiently with Jarren before he was benched.

Lol ran smooth?? Jarren only has 8 TDs on 94 completions, NKosi has 8 TDs on 70 completions... you just like watching 3 yard passes on 3rd and 9 and taking unnecessary sacks so the completion percentage “looks” better right??

Have never prayed for a player to transfer more than this little instagram model. Please let him transfer to UNLV or whatever non-P5 school it is now and get it over with already.

Advertisement
Back