At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

Agree. Im not hating. I just dont see anything great from either. Perry is willing to do deep and takes less sacks. Williams is very accurate but takes alot of sacks and doesn't throw down the field.
Perry Hasn’t thrown much down the field either. The last 2 games combined we attempted only 4 passes over 20 yards with Perry as the starter and vs uva had only 4 attempted beyond 20 yards completing only 1 of them on the first drive

Last edited:
Advertisement

Should have just led him to the left a bit more but Jarren can make those throws if he steps into the pass like he did a little bit here. That’s a 56 or 57 yard throw in terms of him launching it on the 21 yard line and it landing on the 23rd yard line or so on the other side so he has some arm strength. That’s the farthest we have seen a qb throw a ball all year. If he stepped into the throw even more he could have thrown it farther. When he has underthrown passes in other games he doesn’t step into the throw, like he did vs unc or in the 2nd int vs va tech.

Last edited:
Perry Hasn’t thrown much down the field either. The last 2 games combined we attempted passes only 4 passes over 20 yards with Perry as the starter and vs uva had only 4 attempted beyond 20 yards completing only 1 of them on the first drive

Dont disagree but i dont remember jarren throwing over 20 yards much at all.

Advertisement
1. Mandy brings in a highly-rated dual-threat QB

2. Beats his chest over it

3. Him and fellow ref piece of garbage Baez tweet *** shlt about TNM and taking over the Portal.

4. Runs a 1990's boring offense that Tate is worthless in.

5. Doesn't try to tailor anything to his skills.

6. Gives him zero shot.

Another job well done by Manure.

Advertisement
Dont disagree but i dont remember jarren throwing over 20 yards much at all.
He did but didn’t do it a lot in a few games such as Uf and central Michigan. The other games he attempted to do it more though. Before he was pulled Vs. va tech 2 of his 7 attempts were over 20 yards.

with that being said he needs to look for those opportunities more because they were there earlier in the season and probably still are.

3. Him and fellow ref piece of garbage Baez tweet *** shlt about TNM and taking over the Portal.

6. Gives him zero shot.

He didn't give him a shot this summer? Ohio State gave him a shot also. What's his exact "skillset"

I saw him play at least 5 times, a couple of times he wasn't even the best QB on the field. 70%+ of those wins were against teams that couldn't beat a jv or freshmen south Florida team. If that team had to play in south Florida week in week out they would never have even played for a state championship. Most of the out of state games were played at home and close games, big home field advantage.

Has an average arm at best, good runner but not a burner by any means. Jaren is by far the best of the 3. No way in **** is he running away from a Fl ST D with their SF speed, it's not happening. The coaches made the right choice on this one. I like the kid he has heart, that's not enough.

He beat Saint Aquinas's ***.

serveimage

Advertisement
This is NOT a perfect way to do this, but I was curious so I took a very rough cut at the sack numbers. I added total pass attempts plus sacks taken, to get the total number of dropbacks per QB, for each game. Again, I know this isn't perfect, because QBs do drop back to throw, scramble, and that's not taken into account here. Dropbacks is ONLY attempted passes, plus sacks.

If you take out the UF game (don't we all wish we could), it's pretty similar. From UNC on:

Williams has 87 dropbacks and has taken 9 sacks (10.3% sack rate)

Perry has 139 dropbacks and has taken 13 sacks (9.4% sack rate)

Yet every single post I read about Williams is that he takes too many sacks. Yes...against UF, that was abundantly clear. No doubt, obviously. And you can't just pretend it didn't happen, but give it a little context that the kid was playing his first ever game, in Week 0 (when things are super sloppy) with 2 freshmen tackles against a really good defense. Again, can't forget it. But did he learn? Did he get any better? And the evidence points to...yes. He's essentially being sacked at the same rate Kosi is. Yet, if you read this board, you'd think Williams can't get a pass off and Kosi is Randall Cunningham in the pocket.

So yes, Kosi is more elusive in the pocket. No doubt. But he's taking just about as many sacks as Williams has. And he's CLEARLY not as good of a passer. So why is every post, over and over again talking about Williams taking far too many sacks? Does everyone still have the bitter taste of that UF game in their mouths? It's gotta be, because since then, he's been better and he's been sacked about as often as Kosi has. Give me the kid with the ability to complete passes on a consistent basis. This OL isn't going to be great for any QB. But they had their best pass protecting game of the year last week. Maybe they can keep Williams somewhat upright and let him use his superior throwing ability to move the ball Saturday?

He did but didn’t do it a lot in a few games such as Uf and central Michigan. The other games he attempted to do it more though. Before he was pulled Vs. va tech 2 of his 7 attempts were over 20 yards.

with that being said he needs to look for those opportunities more because they were there earlier in the season and probably still are.

See thats the type posts i like. Im not a diaz supporter and im not high on jarren but im willing to listen.

Jarren is accurate but looks scared out there in my opinion. Thomas ran wide open the first 3 games and jarren didnt even look his way. He has to take shots in this offense. This offense moves the ball between the 20s but cant do anything in the redzone.

Should have just led him to the left a bit more but Jarren can make those throws if he steps into the pass like he did a little bit here. That’s a 56 or 57 yard throw in terms of him launching it on the 21 yard line and it landing on the 23rd yard line or so on the other side so he has some arm strength. If he stepped into the throw even more he could have thrown it farther. When he has underthrown passes in other games he doesn’t step into the throw, like he did vs unc or in the 2nd int vs va tech

This was my point. I wasn't saying it was a perfectly thrown ball. I was just pointing out that he threw this ball about 57 yards in the air without what looked to be max effort. So cut the nonsense that he can't throw the ball deep. He's got a PLENTY strong enough arm. We know he's accurate in the short and intermediate game. So he just needs to improve on taking the shots when they're there, and then putting them more accurately. But to say he can't throw the deep ball is moronic, and if you're going to compare him to Perry, how many well thrown deep shots has Perry had this year?

Advertisement
This was my point. I wasn't saying it was a perfectly thrown ball. I was just pointing out that he threw this ball about 57 yards in the air without what looked to be max effort. So cut the nonsense that he can't throw the ball deep. He's got a PLENTY strong enough arm. We know he's accurate in the short and intermediate game. So he just needs to improve on taking the shots when they're there, and then putting them more accurately. But to say he can't throw the deep ball is moronic, and if you're going to compare him to Perry, how many well thrown deep shots has Perry had this year?
Completely agree

6. Gives him zero shot.

I forget the exact timeline, but if Enos was hired first, Tate is partly to blame. He should've known he wouldn't fit into Enos' system, and even if Enos and Manny mislead him about tailoring the offense around him (which is highly likely), he and his people's should've known better.

A Pro Style OC doesn't just suddenly become an RPO, spread guy over night.

I forget the exact timeline, but if Enos was hired first, Tate is partly to blame. He should've known he wouldn't fit into Enos' system, and even if Enos and Manny mislead him about tailoring the offense around him (which is highly likely), he and his people's should've known better.

A Pro Style OC doesn't just suddenly become an RPO, spread guy over night.
If we hired major applewhite which was rumored tate martell probably would have ended up being a great fit in that system tbh

He didn't give him a shot this summer? Ohio State gave him a shot also. What's his exact "skillset"

What the fvck does Ohio State have to do with the shot he got here at Miami?
Nothing, as he got beat out by a top 15 NFL draft pick and the nation's #1 dual-threat QB the following year. That situation is irrelevant to Miami.

And His skills are those that enabled him to throw for 41 TDs and rush for 21 TDs as a senior in high school. He's not the type of player to be shoved under center and asked to drop back and run a boomer offense. I suspect you knew this already and are just being a Gaylord.

Stop asking stupid questions.

Advertisement
Back