At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

fraggle

Senile Senior
For one reason...his record as a winner:
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.

Advertisement
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.

Somehow our fans dont get this. IDK

Not sure where the myth came from that he has a bad arm. His arm just didn't get worse once he stepped in our QB room lol. Our fans saw one or two videos of him throwing a questionable pass & all of a sudden he's not it. When this staff has shown time and time again their practice evals leave a lot to be desired. The best week of practice we had we lost to a transitioning GT. Our best defensive player didn't start the first few games because he had a bad training camp. No Brooks but we play Ragone? No Burns but we play Jimmy Murphy.

Point blank at this point i'd like to see what we have in him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate watching other college football teams cause literally every other QB looks better than Jarren. I dont mean just passing I mean all around as a QB, a player. He's not a world beater as a passer either. Nothing about Jarren scares any teams. There's no spark, no excitement, just dull overly safe QB play. As bad as Kosi has been throwing he has been more of a threat to defenses.

Everyone? You mean the 17 points vs central Michigan????????

Yea very smooth running offense.
Yeah, I'm gonna say the offense didn't get any better or worse with Perry (I fully admit, I thought it would improve).
Not feeling Jarren or Perry tbh. I don't think either one ran the offense well or did enough to say "yep, that's clearly the guy."

If we get stomped by FSU, I'm more than happy to see Tate get a shot.

I saw him play at least 5 times, a couple of times he wasn't even the best QB on the field. 70%+ of those wins were against teams that couldn't beat a jv or freshmen south Florida team. If that team had to play in south Florida week in week out they would never have even played for a state championship. Most of the out of state games were played at home and close games, big home field advantage.

Has an average arm at best, good runner but not a burner by any means. Jaren is by far the best of the 3. No way in **** is he running away from a Fl ST D with their SF speed, it's not happening. The coaches made the right choice on this one. I like the kid he has heart, that's not enough.

My guess is Tate isn’t as happy as he seems playing WR and was going to leave and now and back but wants to play QB

Advertisement
Back