At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

What the fvck does Ohio State have to do with the shot he got here at Miami?
Nothing, as he got beat out by a top 15 NFL draft pick and the nation's #1 dual-threat QB the following year. That situation is irrelevant to Miami.

And His skills are those that enabled him to throw for 41 TDs and rush for 21 TDs as a senior in high school. He's not the type of player to be shoved under center and asked to drop back and run a boomer offense. I suspect you knew this already and are just being a Gaylord.

Stop asking stupid questions.

People think we want tate in a pro style offense lmao.

Advertisement
Nothing, as he got beat out by a top 15 NFL draft pick and the nation's #1 dual-threat QB the following year. That situation is irrelevant to Miami.

And His skills are those that enabled him to throw for 41 TDs and rush for 21 TDs as a senior in high school. He's not the type of player to be shoved under center and asked to drop back and run a boomer offense. I suspect you knew this already and are just being a Gaylord.

It everything to do with it. He didn't make it at Ohio State for a reason and that is more than likely why he was moved to receiver. The skillset your referring to was in high school it obviously didn't translate to college or he would still be at Ohio State. The nation's number dual threat qb for 2018 is in the portal right now also.

It everything to do with it. He didn't make it at Ohio State for a reason and that is more than likely why he was moved to receiver. The skillset your referring to was in high school it obviously didn't translate to college or he would still be at Ohio State. The nation's number dual threat qb for 2018 is in the portal right now also.

So because he got beat out by Dwayne Haskins one year, who was a top 15 pick in the NFL, and Justin Fields, who was a 5-star and the #1 QB in the country, he's not good enough to start at any other school, let alone ours where we're on our second season in a row of being ranked 94th or worse in scoring offense vs FBS teams?

Great horse shlt logic, Mrs Diaz.

IMHO, the worse thing this coaching staff did was start Jarren in the ufag game. He was obviously not ready to play at that level. I know the OL was also to blame, but having a QB with some real game time experience, be it Kosi or Tate, would have been the right move. Now the Jarren has had time on the sideline to watch and learn, we might see a different QB against the Semiholes. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Advertisement
For one reason...his record as a winner:
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.

What he did in high school and star bull**** no longer matters. Right now, he's the 3rd string QB and presumably for a reason. And obviously is unlikely to see the field. Get over it.

IMHO, the worse thing this coaching staff did was start Jarren in the ufag game. He was obviously not ready to play at that level. I know the OL was also to blame, but having a QB with some real game time experience, be it Kosi or Tate, would have been the right move. Now the Jarren has had time on the sideline to watch and learn, we might see a different QB against the Semiholes. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Think the kid went 13/14 in the first half with the incompletion being a throw-away, but yeah, go off.

I won't advocate one way or the other for Tate getting playing time but some of the argument here is his arm strength. Accurate short and intermediate throws are the staple of Enos' offense. Arm strength shouldn't be that much of an issue for Tate. He also has that second dimension of using his legs.

He beat Saint Aquinas's ***.

serveimage
Ya they took a real *** kicking that day 25 to 24 in triple overtime we missed a chip shot for the win. Martel was a monster that day 136 passing! LMAO He was average back then and still is today not Miami material. We had the scrub Jake Allen who sucked big time. Without him they would have won even if we ran the ball ever play. Very weak ST team that year. Still if that game was played in SF we still win by 14. Very big home advantage here. I was at that game. If they had played in SF against the best teams that year they lose 3 at least. I was also at the Booker T game in 13, again it's a big home advantage for BG intimidating place to play beautiful stadium. That NC is all BS, South Florida most years has much better teams.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm gonna say the offense didn't get any better or worse with Perry (I fully admit, I thought it would improve).
Not feeling Jarren or Perry tbh. I don't think either one ran the offense well or did enough to say "yep, that's clearly the guy."

If we get stomped by FSU, I'm more than happy to see Tate get a shot.
Perry looked like a damned star against VT when he came in...have noe idea why in the **** we cant get that kind of consistency, but for that he will never make it as a QB beyond college.

"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.
I agree. We’ve got nothing to lose. The team should put in a package for a series and let Tate throw at Doak. FSU plays such undisciplined defense he could have a field day. They aren’t preparing for a running QB this week.
Unfortunately, my money is more so that he will be used in practice as the scout team QB for when Akers is in the wildcat.
If the staff does neither, well...there’s your sign.

I agree...look at Tebow...not the most talented, all he did was win.

Advertisement
Ya they took a real *** kicking that day 25 to 24 in triple overtime we missed a chip shot for the win. Martel was a monster that day 136 passing! LMAO He was average back then and still is today not Miami material. We had the scrub Jake Allen who sucked big time. Without him they would have won even if we ran the ball ever play. Very weak ST team that year. Still if that game was played in SF we still win by 14. Very big home advantage here. I was at that game. If they had played in SF against the best teams that year they lose 3 at least. I was also at the Booker T game in 13, again it's a big home advantage for BG intimidating place to play beautiful stadium. That NC is all BS, South Florida most years has much better teams.

But he still beat them...

Manny has told everyone that Williams is his guy over and over...know why? He has said that too. JW does not turn the ball over with the frequency of the other two guys. Manny was hoping that playing it "safe" under center with a strong defense would get the wins.

Advertisement
Perry has underthrown the deep ball at times too including one to pope during the va tech game. Regardless the position of the ball is wrong on Jarren here, he should have led the receiver more to the left and it would have been 6, that’s still the deepest ball we have seen any of our qbs throw this year

I think Pope could have done better after the reception. Thought so at the time and now, after seeing it again, I still think that.

Some of the people just don't get it, he was able to do this for one reason. Vegas has the worst HS football I've ever seen. Most of Gormans games were over by the end of the 1st quarter. I don't like to bring this **** up but it's the truth too many weak liberal white kids, it's ******* sad. Sure and **** not from my generation where I came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stats indicate that Perry is more of a dinker and dunker than Jarren

What stats?
Some of the people don't don't get it, he was able to do this for one reason. Vegas has the worst HS football I've ever seen. Most of Gormans games were over by the end of the 1st quarter. I don't like to bring this **** up but it's the truth too many weak liberal white kids, it's ******* sad. Sure and **** not from my generation where I came from.

lol @ this boomer *** comment.

Advertisement
Back