At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

I really want to see Tate play just b/c I think Enos is fired at the end of the season, and I would expect the QB competition to be open. Worst case I want to see with my own eyes that Tate is not better than the other two.

IMO I've seen enough of Perry and JW to think they are both pretty average. Perry is more streaky with his performances, and Enos' offense does not suit him at all. JW is probably the best fit for the Enos offense, but he also has no deep ball, fumbles a lot, and is #10 in the nation in sacks on limited starts. JW can be a decent game manager IMO and that's probably what Diaz and Enos were hoping for.

Advertisement
Lol ran smooth?? Jarren only has 8 TDs on 94 completions, NKosi has 8 TDs on 70 completions... you just like watching 3 yard passes on 3rd and 9 and taking unnecessary sacks so the completion percentage “looks” better right??
That’s a silly argument that you are really trying to make. Didn’t Miami run the ball more near the goal line those first 4 games or so? In fact we have had 5 goaline tds that went to the running backs during that time compared to just 1 near the goal line td from the rbs(cam vs Pitt) since the va tech game. Whether either qb scored on a drive or not if a rb scored doesn’t mean that’s an indictment on qb play lol, those are still successful drives if rbs finish it off for a td

Not apart of this generation & not white. Just not ignorant & shortsighted like you.

"omg im so tough & gritty, youre generation is full of pansies". I bet there are liberal white dudes that could beat the **** out of you.
LMAO you don't get it. It is what it is. I'm old now, still will hold my own. I'm looking forward to that day have been for a while.

I'll give you one little example go back and look at Miami games 20-40 years ago compared to todays kids.

Lol ran smooth?? Jarren only has 8 TDs on 94 completions, NKosi has 8 TDs on 70 completions... you just like watching 3 yard passes on 3rd and 9 and taking unnecessary sacks so the completion percentage “looks” better right??
Lulz smoother doesn’t mean touchdowns. We consistently moved the football with Jarren while we moved the football like an Ethiopian’s diet with Kosi.

Glad to see you still know nothing of this sport.

Last edited:
Tate Martell is going to be like Heat ball player Goran Drajic ..... Coming off the thump making a Splash .

Wait for it! lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude they won the NATIONAL title (as in, the entire country, playing a top national schedule) twice with him as QB.
Does that automatically make him good enough to play at Miami? I was talking to a local that game he told me he got a scolly to O State I told him he will never start there. He ran from O state because of competition. He isn't good enough to play here either. I'm not bashing the kid I'm just being realistic. JMO

I believe the most frustrating thing for most of us is that in his introductory presser, Enos swore up and down he would mold his offense around what the players do best. Nothing has been further from the truth.
Now this I agree with 100%! 5 minutes into the Florida game we should have been in the gun. JMO

lol everyone recruits out of Florida. Florida speed isn't just a Florida thing anymore.
My point was Florida States D is not going to be slow rushing the QB. He's not going to out run them on any day. How many times have we said try the back up QB in the past 15 years only to see the coaches were right the first time. This kid couldn't beat out Kosi who shouldn't be here either. This team just isn't very good it is what it is.

Does that automatically make him good enough to play at Miami? I was talking to a local that game he told me he got a scolly to O State I told him he will never start there. He ran from O state because of competition. He isn't good enough to play here either. I'm not bashing the kid I'm just being realistic. JMO
I do believe he would be very good in the right offense but you know, pro style....bro.

Advertisement
So because he got beat out by Dwayne Haskins one year, who was a top 15 pick in the NFL, and Justin Fields, who was a 5-star and the #1 QB in the country, he's not good enough to start at any other school, let alone ours where we're on our second season in a row of being ranked 94th or worse in scoring offense vs FBS teams?

Great horse shlt logic, Mrs Diaz.

Bro the name calling??? Really.

I do believe he would be very good in the right offense but you know, pro style....bro.
If he had a better arm I would agree. I have said since the Florida game with Brock Berlin Miami should be in the gun most of the time the game has changed. Only 3-4 teams have the lines to run under center and we aren't one of them haven't been for years.

If he had a better arm I would agree. I have said since the Florida game with Brock Berlin Miami should be in the gun most of the time the game has changed. Only 3-4 teams have the lines to run under center and we aren't one of them haven't been for years.
He has plenty of arm, especially for this offense. As I said in the fall, all he does is move the chains and that's only 10 yards at a time. I do agree with the rest

Advertisement
LMAO you don't get it. It is what it is. I'm old now, still will hold my own. I'm looking forward to that day have been for a while.

I'll give you one little example go back and look at Miami games 20-40 years ago compared to todays kids.

Bro I fall asleep to old games some nights. It's like night and day. I understand what you're saying about this generation's mind set when it comes to certain stuff. A lot of guys today need to be stroked.

Stats suck, Bart Star Won championships, Unitas set records, Marino was incredible and broke records, Griese won championships. Was Bernie pretty, did Steve Walsh have a strong arm...no but they won championships. I'm not saying Tate is the answer BUT he is a proven winner and deserves a shot because Perry and Williams are not getting it done, simple as that and what would it hurt to find out????

Advertisement
This is NOT a perfect way to do this, but I was curious so I took a very rough cut at the sack numbers. I added total pass attempts plus sacks taken, to get the total number of dropbacks per QB, for each game. Again, I know this isn't perfect, because QBs do drop back to throw, scramble, and that's not taken into account here. Dropbacks is ONLY attempted passes, plus sacks.

If you take out the UF game (don't we all wish we could), it's pretty similar. From UNC on:

Williams has 87 dropbacks and has taken 9 sacks (10.3% sack rate)

Perry has 139 dropbacks and has taken 13 sacks (9.4% sack rate)

Yet every single post I read about Williams is that he takes too many sacks. Yes...against UF, that was abundantly clear. No doubt, obviously. And you can't just pretend it didn't happen, but give it a little context that the kid was playing his first ever game, in Week 0 (when things are super sloppy) with 2 freshmen tackles against a really good defense. Again, can't forget it. But did he learn? Did he get any better? And the evidence points to...yes. He's essentially being sacked at the same rate Kosi is. Yet, if you read this board, you'd think Williams can't get a pass off and Kosi is Randall Cunningham in the pocket.

So yes, Kosi is more elusive in the pocket. No doubt. But he's taking just about as many sacks as Williams has. And he's CLEARLY not as good of a passer. So why is every post, over and over again talking about Williams taking far too many sacks? Does everyone still have the bitter taste of that UF game in their mouths? It's gotta be, because since then, he's been better and he's been sacked about as often as Kosi has. Give me the kid with the ability to complete passes on a consistent basis. This OL isn't going to be great for any QB. But they had their best pass protecting game of the year last week. Maybe they can keep Williams somewhat upright and let him use his superior throwing ability to move the ball Saturday?

And why should we take out the FL game again? He played, didn't he? So he owns it..

What he did in high school and star bull**** no longer matters. Right now, he's the 3rd string QB and presumably for a reason. And obviously is unlikely to see the field. Get over it.

According to your logic, then let's ignore JW's high school stuff...

He hasn't shown us that he is any better for this team either..

Advertisement
Back