At some point I hope Tate gets a shot at QB...

Some of the people just don't get it, he was able to do this for one reason. Vegas has the worst HS football I've ever seen. Most of Gormans games were over by the end of the 1st quarter. I don't like to bring this **** up but it's the truth too many weak liberal white kids, it's ******* sad. Sure and **** not from my generation where I came from.
Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. Just saying...
It does have to be in the right offense though or it's moot. Otherwise **** is just setting him up to fail like the others.
This years schedule. Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. There is one good team that's Gorman. No competition at all in Vegas .Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. Just saying...https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-gorman-gaels-(las-vegas,nv)/football/schedule.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
According to your logic, then let's ignore JW's high school stuff...

He hasn't shown us that he is any better for this team either..
Yeah, exactly. Hopefully the logic or same argument applies to all players. Stats put up in high school shouldn't impact playing time. If that's how coaches are evaluating players 2-3 years into their college careers, then there's a real problem.

Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. Just saying...

This years schedule. Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. There is one good team that's Gorman. No competition at all in Vegas .Look at the last 5 games played all Vegas teams. Just saying...
Idk what their schedule is now but when he was there, they played a top ranked national schedule.

Idk what their schedule is now but when he was there, they played a top ranked national schedule.
They did play 3 good teams should have lost the St Thomas game missed a 25yard chip shot. Here are the scores for the games against vegas teams. 69-13, 58-0, 71-0, 56-0, 56-7, 59-0, 58-10, 56-17, 84-8.... They could have reached 100++ in those games if they kept the starters in. It's the same every year doesn't matter who the QB is. Just showing how easy it was for him to put up those #'s. Minimum 9 scrubs!

Advertisement
They did play 3 good teams should have lost the St Thomas game missed a 25yard chip shot. Here are the scores for the games against vegas teams. 69-13, 58-0, 71-0, 56-0, 56-7, 59-0, 58-10, 56-17, 84-8.... They could have reached 100++ in those games if they kept the starters in. It's the same every year doesn't matter who the QB is. Just showing how easy it was for him to put up those #'s. Minimum 9 scrubs!
Tate also rallied the team on the sideline when they got behind and threw an absolute strike for the game winner in crunch time.

So because he got beat out by Dwayne Haskins one year, who was a top 15 pick in the NFL, and Justin Fields, who was a 5-star and the #1 QB in the country, he's not good enough to start at any other school, let alone ours where we're on our second season in a row of being ranked 94th or worse in scoring offense vs FBS teams?

Great horse shlt logic, Mrs Diaz.

If he couldn't beat out the qb's here that should tell you all you need to know about his play

Tate also rallied the team on the sideline when they got behind and threw an absolute strike for the game winner in crunch time.
One TD pass in 4 quarters the game went into a third over time. They ran it in for the two point conversion. No game winning TD. He threw for 123 in 4 quarters and 3 over times. Just saying if that team played in Miami no way they don't lose one or two games. He was way the **** over rated. I hope they do play him some against F State then we can stop having this conversation once and for all.

One TD pass in 4 quarters the game went into a third over time. They ran it in for the two point conversion. No game winning TD. He threw for 123 in 4 quarters and 3 over times. Just saying if that team played in Miami no way they don't lose one or two games. He was way the **** over rated. I hope they do play him some against F State then we can stop having this conversation once and for all.
I thought on the qb1 it showed after that pass, they were going crazy and the game clock was winding down, either way a great pass. I don't think he was overrated he just needs the right system. Regardless if he plays, it has to be the right offense

Advertisement
I thought on the qb1 it showed after that pass, they were going crazy and the game clock was winding down, either way a great pass. I don't think he was overrated he just needs the right system. Regardless if he plays, it has to be the right offense
Same, I think Martell can be a player in that right system

Same, I think Martell can be a player in that right system
I feel Jarren and Kosi would be so much better in a different offense as well, especially Jarren. Tate has a specific skillset that matches what we should be running here regardless but this offense does none of them any favors.

Advertisement
He threw well over 50 yards in high school and OSU and that was in the air.
Most above average HS QB's can. It's that 25 to 35 yard pass on target that needs zip on it I'm talking about. My HS QB could throw it 75 yard with a perfect spiral I saw it a few times in practice, just went to the wrong player. lol

Advertisement
IMO that's part of Arm strength.
Doesn’t have the body type to be a qb. He has small hands which is why the ball comes out wobbly so often. Even shorter qbs like Drew brees and Russel Wilson their hands are big and able to really grip the ball which is why you see such a consistent throwing motion from them

For one reason...his record as a winner:
"For his high school career, Martell went 43-0 as a starter, throwing for 7,507 yards with 113 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Martell also ran for 2,294 yards with 35 touchdowns. As a senior, Martell threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 touchdowns."

Practice is one thing, game time is a whole different atmosphere and some players shine on game day, others choke. If pretty looking counted Bernie would never have been tried at QB.

As always with Miami, a few quarterback options but nobody stepping up head and shoulders above the rest.

Williams should've gotten some snaps last year to get broken in, but Perry couldn't take the job and Rosier was mixed it for his "experiences".

This year it was Williams out the gate and Perry got the nod over Martell at the three slot; which doesn't say much for Tate—if he couldn't beat out Perry and Williams.

So the kid won in high school on a loaded team. Never got the nod at Ohio State, transferred as to not compete with Justin Fields (and Buckeyes changing offense) and with a full spring at Miami, couldn't beat out two guys who are hardly worldbeaters.

At some point it's time to let go of the kid's high school resume and admit he hasn't done much in college.

Yes, it'd be fun for him to get some snaps against the likes of an FIU in a few weeks—but his legend is far outliving his actual abilities if he can't win a starting job.

Average yards per attempt being a full yard ahead of perry.
94-135 70.1 % 1136 yards 8 tds 3 ints 8.4 yards per attempt

77-136 57.5% 975 yards 8 tds 2 ints 7.3 yards per attempt

with eye test
not going a full Game completing only 1 pass beyond 10 yards like 5 did vs uva

Honestly a BS stat. You have to look at the data that shows pass length not completion length. Some of these guys have gotten crazy yardage on 1 yard screens. That’s high yards per attempt but not throwing downfield or loosening coverage outside.

Our offense is far too predictable and shallow. Teams can sit on things very easily and risk rushing the passer bc coverage behind it only needs to be 10 yards max.

Advertisement
Back