Anyone else think Williams >>>>>>>>>>>> Martell?

Even if Martell is given a waiver to play, I think Williams beats him out (if it's truly an open competition, which I highly doubt).
Not me. And yes, I completely think it's truly an open competition. Can't get more open. But I'm in the camp that says it's hard for me to think too much of Williams if he couldn't beat out either of the other two qb's last year. We can say richt didn't give him a fair chance all we want, and I think there's probably something to that. But the truth is, with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb seemingly trying to give the job away at times, Williams could've made it impossible for richt not to play him. Come in focused, disciplined, learn the offense, and show you have the maturity and brains to be a starting cfb QB, and I think richt plays him.

But I think it's telling that the very game he could play out w/out losing his redshirt, he's suspended. Combined with the reports that he was in the doghouse early in the season, and there's just no way a conservative old fart like richt is going to trust him.

Advertisement
If your going by game experience martel and Perry have the jump on the rest.but if Manny keeps doing things like he is now.it will be the best available player playing at each position.if that player can't play his position it'll be the next guy in line.Diaz is not afraid to make a change he will keep changing to find out who or what works best.I really hope you guys don't expect this offense to put 50+ points on the gaytors defense.

I like both QBs and both are major improvements from where we were last season, but given the sad state of our o-line I prefer a more mobile QB so I’m taking Martell

And it’s too bad, because Perry has all the physical tools. But the kid just doesn’t want to work for it. I hate to talk bad about our own players, but NKosi Perry doesn’t have what it takes between the ears or inside his chest.

We’ll see what happens with Williams. But if he couldn’t beat out Malik and N’Kosi, I don’t think he’s beating out Tate Martell.

So far that's pretty accurate. I'd just point out that because he hasn't put in the work yet doesn't mean he can't. I'm not hopeful, but there's still time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So looking thru these post; Tate wins the job off his hs career and swag and JW wins if he works his butt off and earns it...sounds like all Tate needs is papers and he's your guy.

Last year, it was play JW from the rooftop, now it's Tate's the man...here we go again with the shinny new toy(whom we have not seen take meaningful snaps in cfb, save Rutgers lol) and he's gonna return the U to a national power.

Im not saying JW is the man or Tate isn't, but dammmm, this **** is hilarious how every year this board finds a new dance partner to roll with and no factual grounds to stand on.

Let whomever the staff's choose "EARN it"
It's not that hard, considering it's a new system for all (including Perry).

Even if Martell is given a waiver to play, I think Williams beats him out (if it's truly an open competition, which I highly doubt).
I don't think martell will be handed job. I think Williams is his biggest competition if granted waiver. That said I think he was brought in to start and will be given first shot at starting if granted a waiver. Williams though has a lot of talent, frankly I think Williams/martell is the best qb duo Miami has had on roster in a long time

Dats what’s up! Kosi aint gonna go down with out a fcukin fight👍
kosi had a sh ot. he was inaccurate didn't work hard enough. and has off field issues that u cant trust him as your starter. Williams in spring was said to be more accurate and made better reads but didn't know playbook was excuse used to not play him. frankly if richt had played Williams might stil have a job and Miami might of not gone 7-6

Advertisement
I doubt it. If Williams were any good he would have played last year.

Dude couldn’t beat out Malik Rosier or N’Kosi Perry, so I don’t expect much from him

Mork and Jorny. All you need to know.

I think williams, if Tate doesn't get the waiver will be a lot more than just a serviceable QB.

Sorry, NOBODY is stupid enough to leave a hugely talented QB on the bench when you have absolute trash on the field. Nobody.

Remember when we all thought N’Kosi Perry was the answer....until he wasn’t?

Everyone was mad at Richt for playing Rosier, saying Perry should get a shot....then Perry plays and he’s easily as bad as Rosier.

People always think the backup QB is the answer.

Big D1ck Nick Foles. 🤷🏿‍♂️ i lmow, NFL, BUT.... again I say, Mork and Jorny.

Advertisement
I hate urban but dude has eye for QBs so I expect Martell to be good but Williams is an unknown.

Seems like martell has impressed enos already. He was saying nothing but good things bout him the other week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back